The Heart That Requires a Key

Decision Reversed

Letting go of something that leaves you upset for a while is the best you can do instead of pouting about it like the world is verbally spitting in your face. For Jeff it wasn't easy for him to let go what he searched for and that was just a simple love....so he says. Now there shouldn't anything for him worry about thus the fact of recent events.

"Hello is this Serenity?" asked Jeff, giving his recent new friend a call.

"Yes it is who's calling?" she answered.

"Oh...hi its me Jeff...from the other day,"

"Hi! I remember you of course. How are you?"

"I've been fine and I'm sure likewise yourself?"

"Most definitely. What’s on your mind?"

"Well I just came across your number and it kind of got me to the thought to give you a call and well....maybe we can get together again and get to know each other more further like you suggested. Sound like a plan?" he asked.

"That actually sounds quite lovely. I don't have anything interesting to do at all today so a day with you should be pretty nice. Can you meet me in front of the mall in a half hour?" Serenity proposed.

"Certainly I'll see you there,"

"Good, its a date," Serenity said before hanging up the phone leaving the very last three words flowing through Jeff's mind leaving him speechless with a faint expression.

"Its...a....date!" he said to himself.

To make a good impression for her by wearing clothes that looked rather smooth dashing; this including a his new Guns n' Roses shirt, black mixed blue shorts and his new pair of converse shoes. For added accessory, cologne and the army dog tag he'd purchase a few days ago was also added.

The half hour passed by and within and instant time, Jeff waited in front of the mall for his "date" on the mid-warm Thursday afternoon. She appeared behind him tapping his shoulder thus having him turn around greeted by a pleasing smile. Jeff admired Serenity's outfit, she was beautiful. She wore a pink strapless tank top with blue low-cut jeans and Hawaiian designed sandals.

"You're...you're...stunning!" Jeff stammered.

With a giggle, his date replied "Thank you. You're looking quite handsome yourself. Shall we go on in?"

"Um sure yes lets do that," he agreed.

The two proceeded on into the mall where throughout the day they visited game stores where they played demos against each other, clothing stores and stores of accessories. Jeff treated his date to lunch as a gentleman should. However it would have appeared Serenity had grown an immediate fond attitude towards Jeff thus the fact that they met such a few days ago.

"I'm enjoying this day very much Jeff. You really know how to lift the spirit of a girl."

"I wish I could hear that on a daily basis but....never mind forget I said anything," he replied.

"No go on and say what you were going to say; it isn't good to keep things held inside."

"Well...before I met you things weren't so good. You see I'm the type of person who feeds off of the art of romance because well it just feels right and in my honest opinion, it is the best feeling anyone could ever live through. In my case however I barely have ever experienced the feeling of what it is like to have another loving heart bonded with mine and it used to affect me so much until many such as my mom, my friends and even my teachers have told me that it isn't worth the time to fuss and fight for something that just doesn't come so easily on a silver platter. It takes patience to enjoy the art of romance. As for present time I guess I feel...relieved like I've found who I've been looking for and to be honest Serenity...I feel that I’ve found it in you," Jeff deeply confessed.

Serenity was struck with awe for the wonderful words just said and flowed through her mind; blank with nothing to say. “I hope you know you just left me breathless...." Serenity admitted.

"Well if you wouldn't mind I can bring the air back up to par if you'd like?" Jeff proposed.

"I'd like that please. But how do you tend to do that?" she questioned.

Jeff took his index and middle fingers and softly pressed down Serenity's eyelids. Leaned in close and carefully pressed his lips to Serenity's for a 3 second hold. He pulled away from her slowly as her eyes rose and she seemed calm rather shocked.

"I normally wouldn't go for a kiss on the first date...but that was unexpectingly lovely...do you like me Jeff?"

"Since I first gazed into your eyes and was speechless as you were moments ago...I have," he admitted.

"I do too."