The Heart That Requires a Key

Hot Smiles & Sunshine

They say that with great patience, your virtue in the path of love will bloom like a new born rose. Even if the fact remains that for the current moment, you aren't caring at all to finding your very own sweetheart. Still you are bound to get a piece of heaven sent down straight into the center of the heart you possess within. For Jeff as already known, was not intending to continue stressing for a relationship due to the corrupt past he had dealt with. But thanks to one lucky day at the mall, the dark cloud was blown away and in came the sunshine of a better life for one, Jeff.

"Push to the limit. Come on! Seven! Eight! Nine! Ten! Good job dude," Rich said to Jeff as they were in the gym working on their physiques.

"Thanks man, hey pass me my water," Jeff requested.

"You're looking greater man," Rich explained.

"I know...but now my abs and biceps hurt are killing me."

"Trust me it happens a lot to me so I can deal with it but you're on your way to being in top shape. So keep my word; the pain is all worth it because later you'll most definitely have some results," Rich explained once again.

"Yeah no doubt." replied Jeff.

"So man congratulations you finally got to the top. How does it feel?"

"Man let me tell you something...I feel exquisitely grateful for this. Words cannot describe it; I just feel like a new person. She’s opened up my heart thus for it being locked so long," Jeff said in reference of his newly made girlfriend.

"She’s the key man."

Jeff chuckled “That’s what it’s all about."

"Lets go dial up Haley and Ana to see what they're up to, I haven't seen them in a while," Rich suggested.

The call was made and Haley picked up, happy to have someone tend to the boring day she was having. "I'm so glad you called I'm seriously about to explode with boredom," she admitted the second that she picked up the phone.

"Well that’s why me and sir fellow rockstar over here wanted to know...if you and Ana would care to go swimming within the next hour?" Rich proposed.

"Are you kidding? You didn't need to ask me; whatever gets me out of this boring house, you already know I'm in. But hey lets go to Ana's area for a swim." Haley suggested.

"Why there?"

"Astoria has the greatest pools, trust me."

"Well alright I guess so. Me and Jeff are going to go pick up swimming shorts and we'll come pick you up in about 20 minutes because we're finishing up at the gym."

"Oh trying to get more buff and sexy for the ladies," Haley joked.

"Hey I enjoy being buff for any girl, even you," Rich replied.

This leaving a flush of red on Haley's face for she happens to have a crush on Rich.

"Well hurry on up and come get me so we can go meet up with her. I'm going to call her now so she can confirm because just like me, she isn’t doing anything today." Haley explained.

"Ok well we'll give you a call when we are near, let us just finish up at the gym." Rich said just before hanging up the phone. "Haley is down for it."

Jeff had just closed his phone too for a phone call he was on. "So is Serenity!"

"Dang man so you got the hook up with her and its just going to be me, Haley and Ana by ourselves.

“I can easily tell you’re not thinking clearly today. Dude you can take them both on,” Jeff explained.

“Not really because I mean I need a date for the day since you are going to have Serenity and do you really think they’d allow it?”

“I’m one-hundred percent sure Haley would,” Jeff replied with a chuckle.

“Ok but then what about Ana?”

“Ana says she’s just fine being single, it won’t bother her to see love being show in front of her eyes. Besides. Knowing you, you and Haley will just sit there and have a couple of laughs; barely on anything close to a date for the day.”

“We’ll see!”

The two proceeded onto obtain their swimming shorts and to go pick up Haley and head on over for the pool in Astoria, there they’d meet up with Ana.

“This most definitely will be a good day,” Rich said.

“I wish this train would turn off the air conditioner, it won’t be easy to go in the pool, already being cold.” Jeff replied.

At the moment, Serenity had called Jeff.

“Talk to me,” he answered

“Sweetie I don’t know what to wear. I have so many cute suits I want to wear,” she told him

“Honey its we’re only going swimming just bring a bikini top and bottom, it doesn’t matter which one it is, you like perfectly fine the way you are. Also bring a change of clothes for after.”

“Alright I guess I’ll choose one of my most favorites. I’ll see you there.”

The conversation ended and Rich glared at Jeff. “Lucky!” he said.

“What you talking bout Rich?”

“You get to bring your girl along but I don’t have one at the moment.”

Jeff cleared his throat and slightly pointed to Haley who wasn’t paying attention, just listening to her mp3 player filled with the tracks of Green Day.

“Oh yeah…I forgot.” Rich laughed.

The train came to a stop fifteen minutes later and the three exited the train. They headed out the station, towels and spare change of clothes in their hands, as they proceeded onwards to the pool where they are to be greeted there by Ana.

“You guys took forever to get here,” Ana complained when the three arrived.

“That stupid train is what takes forever don’t blame us, do we look like the Justice League to you? We cant get here as quick as you wanted sorry.” Rich replied.

“Don’t get flip with her. Lets just all go jump in,” Haley replied as well.

The four all set their belongings down at a white table with an umbrella shade covering their area. Rich immediately jumped in. Haley and Ana sat on the side wetting their feet just before they got in. Jeff on the other hand sat at their table awaiting the arrival of his girlfriend.

“Dude get in here it feels awesome.” Rich called out

“He looks so hot,” Haley whispered to Ana.

The two giggled. “Go in there with him and get close,” Ana jokingly suggested.

“No…I’m not ready yet.”

“Ain’t that the truth,” Jeff said as he sat down next to them.

Haley gasped. “How much did you hear?”

“Please Haley, I always hear.”

“So when does your girlfriend get here? I want to meet her.” Ana questioned.

“She should be here in about…” Jeff was interrupted by a sudden figure jumping in and causing a huge splash in the pool. The figure floated up from the water, wearing an aqua colored bikini top and bottom piece. It was Serenity.

“…Right there,” Jeff pointed cleverly and happy.

“That’s her?” Ana questioned.

“Sure is,” he replied.

“Goodness gracious she’s pretty. Nice choice brother.” She replied back.

Serenity ease her way out the water and next to Jeff then gave him a kiss. “Am I late?” she questioned.

“Just right on time. Sweetie this is Haley…and that’s Ana,” Jeff introduced.

“A pleasure to meet you both, Jeff has told me about you both. Which one of you is the one who shouts randomly on phone conversations?” she questioned.

Ana raised her hand with a huge smile. “Guilty as charged,” she admitted.

The four laughed.

"Hey where’s Rich?" Haley questioned.

Jeff spotted Rich's stopwatch and him crouching down under water on the other side of the pool. He sighed "Oh God he’s up to it again."

"What?" she asked.

"He’s timing how long he can stay underwater."

"I don't know about you guys but I feel in for some fun," Ana said as she stood up and leaped into the water.

"I guess I'll go join her," Haley chuckled and followed up on Ana's jump.

"That leaves the two of us," Jeff signaled.

"On three we jump. One"

"Two."

"Three!" Couple sprang into the pool and began swimming all around the pool with their friends and other random parties. Throughout the swim, a game of chicken went on. This consisted of Serenity on Jeff's shoulders, Haley on Rich's shoulders, and Ana on another boy's shoulders who she thought was cute and decided to give him some company; thus at the point everyone had their partners, the battle began and before you know it, Ana fell, Serenity fell, Haley fell and then all over again. The following activity consisted of just fun time of throwing a beach ball in many directions back and fourth of the pool area.

"What a vacation its been so far. I've been dwelling for a time like this for so long." Serenity explained her boyfriend.

"Shocking how the time has gone by so quickly. Can you believe we're already in August?" he replied back.

The word august immediately triggered something in her mind that Serenity had forgot to share with Jeff.

"I...have to tell you something." she stammered.

"Fire away," he replied.

"Usually every August for my birthday me and my mother go away."

A blank expression filled Jeff's face and his heart began to race as he didn't want to know the following words coming out of her mouth, though he had an idea. "Ok...so...what are you trying to say?"

"Well...next week...I won't be here for a few days."

Jeff sighed heavily as he took his girlfriend’s hand. “Do you really have to go?”

“Well usually we’d go to Mexico to visit my grandmother but now since we’re here, we’re going to go visit my hometown, Chicago.” She replied.

“Chicago…nice place I’ve heard. I’d wish to visit there…never got the chance,” Jeff admitted.

“You want to come don’t you?”

“Of course I do. I don’t want to see myself without you unless you’re still in the area. Feeling you so far away just wouldn’t make things right. Plus I’d really love to see your hometown, I’ve dreamt of a great place to visit like Chicago.” He admitted.

“I’ll talk with my mom about it to see if we can sort something out,” she replied back.

Just then Haley. Rich and Ana exited the pool. “Hey dude we’re done for the day, a draft is starting to come across,” said Rich as he and the others held their towels over their body.

“I guess we’ve stayed pretty long, lets head on home.” He replied as grabbing his and Serenity’s belongings and holding her close as the group left the area.

It was known that in three days time that Serenity would be off to visit her hometown. On that day Jeff would hope to go along to enjoy the windy city.