Dying Doesn't Seem So Cruel

Dance

Emmett, Carlisle, Jasper, and Esme were all gone when we reached the house. Alice was dancing in the living room, and I stopped to watch. Her slender legs moved expertly; an expression of calm serenty covered her pale face. Edward chuckled softly and headed upstairs. I sprawled across the couch, kept my eyes trained on Alice Cullen.

"Am I interesting?"

"Of course. Can I ask you something?"

"Of course," she mimicked, a delicate smile playing at her lips.

"Will you teach me to dance?"

Emmett's P.O.V.

I laughed. I couldn't help it. Seeing Dahlia and Alice dancing around together caught me off-guard. My sister stuck her tongue out at me, but Dahlia, my date to Prom, blushed a furious shade of red and went to pull away.

"No, no. Continue. Pay me no mind."

A dark glare was sent my way from Dahlia, and a chuckle escaped me. I decided to leave them be and headed up to Edward's room. He was reading on his futon while his stereo played Claire de Lune. He didn't look up when I entered.

"Her dream?"

"Please."

"It was a lot to take in, but when her. . .worries were added into the equation, it was difficult. Finally, I managed to get little pieces. What I deduct is she loves you to the point that she's willing to leave you if ever a time comes that you can't take the agony. Her dreams were about leaving you because you were hurting from not being able to 'do whatever it is that you do' - quoted directly from a dream. Another was Prom. You two were dancing, and then---"

"Edward!"

I didn't need to turn around to see who was speaking. "Dahlia."

"I cannot believe you!"

Dahlia's P.O.V.

I ran through the woods, stumbling, tripping, crying. The trees seemed to stretch on forever; I collaps to my knees and held my head in my hands. Tears blurred my vision, and I choked on my ragged breath. I jerked to atention when a twig snapped.

"Who's there? Hello?"

I staggered to my feet and stared around, but I saw nothing. Blinking rapidly, I turned in a circle, still searching.

"Who's there? Show yourself."

I jumped when something came from between two spruces, and I lost my footing. A scream tore from my lungs when I began falling backwards, toward the river. Everything faded.