Dying Doesn't Seem So Cruel

Teasing

I awoke with a start, fumbling for the reason. Sweat covered my body, and the blankets were bunched up at the end of the bed. The pale moonlight streamed in through the window; humidity engulfed me. I groaned when I realised Emmett was gone. I reached for the bedside table and turned on the lamp. My cell phone vibrated once, and I flipped it open. Three missed calls, three voicemails. I punched in the code and listened to the messges. My mother wanted to know how the honeymoon was going; Alice wondered if we'd had sex yet, or if her visions were wrong ("because it's harder to see when you two aren't on the same damn continent we are"); and Emmett told me he went hunting again. I sighed, tossed the silver phone onto the pale green sheets, and padded to the bathroom. I smiled at the sight of the tub; the heat had caused an unbearable sticky sheen to coat my skin. Besides, shaving was a need-to-do. I stripped while the water ran; finally, I stepped into the tub and sank down until the water reached my chin. The cooler temperature felt amazing on my warm skin. A blissful sigh pushed its way from me, and I submerged my head.

"Having fun?"

"Emmett!"

"Hello. You are aware it's only three in the morning, right?"

"Yes. You weren't in bed."

"I went hunting."

"I know. I got your voicemail. It was way too hot in there, so I took a bath to cool off."

"Okay. When you're finished, come to bed."

"I will."

He kissed my forehead and exited the bathroom. I hurriedly completed my bathing and dressed just as swiftly. He was lying on the mattress, eyes closed. I slid to rest next to him. A grin covered his face.

"That was fast."

"I wanted to be by you."

"You're predictable, but I love it."

"I'm predictable just because I want to be beside my husband? I love saying that: my husband. It sounds so . . . permanent, perfect. What the - why are you laughing at me?"

"You make me laugh."

"I love you."

"I love you, too."

"Can we finish what we started?"

"Are you sure you'll be bruise-free by Saturday?"

"Yes. It's only been three days, and those bruises are gone."

"Saturday's about the same amount of time away."

I pressed my lips to his. "Yes, it is."

Thankfully, I was "bruise-free" by Saturday. Saturday, 8 August held two different emotions for me: joy, because I was going to see my family and friends; but also sadness, becuase I had to leave the tranquility of the island.

I slept for most of the flight, only waking ten minutes before we landed, so naturally I was groggy while stepping off the plane. My fatigue went away instantly when I saw four Cullens, one Hale, Christie and Jacob at the terminal waiting for us. I hugged each of them - even the Quileute boy.

"How was the honeymoon? Did you like the island? Was it beautiful? Did you wear the lingerie I got you?"

All bombardment of questions ceased at the last incquiry, and everybody stared at Alice. She kept her gaze trained on me.

"It was wonderful. I love the island. Yes, it was gorgeous. And no, I didn't."

"Lingerie?" Emmett asked quietly in my ear, and I blushed. "How come I had no idea of that gift?"

"It's not important."

"Fine. If you didn't wear the lingerie, did you at least have sex?"

"Alice!"

She grinned at. "I knew it."

"Why didn't you just see it?"

"I tend to block pornographic, rated-x or NC-17, or sexual images from my mind. But I saw Emmett's decision to try to seduce you."

"I didn't have to try very hard," Emmett joked.

"Shut up, Emmett."

Edward laughed, "It's true."

My cheeks burned even deeper, and I grumbled, "I hate you all."
♠ ♠ ♠
the end chapter is next >< i happened to like this story