Status: Ongoing.

Jesus Had a Crown of Thorns

Fairy tales That Aren't Tall Tales

Image
Banner made by the very rad queen of bannermaking, Chaotic Nightmares!

(Edward's Point of View)
"So, she's really okay?" I asked Alacrity once Carlisle had finally dragged her out of Bella's recovery room.Her big, green eyes seemed to be lit as she left Bella's bedside but, when they fell upon me, they darkened again. Did I make her sad? I suppose it was obvious that I did. I mean, looking at what I put her through, it was a wonder that she even spoke kindly to me at this point.

"She is." she said and offered a slight smile. "She hasn't woken up yet so.. she has no idea what happened and I am not sure how I am going to explain it to her but-" she began getting more and more stressed with each word. "I'll help you." I interrupted causing her to look up and smile again. "Thank you." she whispered, bringing her hand to the back of her neck.

"With anything, you know. Not just Bella." I added, earnestly. I knew there was no more fighting how I felt.. no matter how sick and sadistic I was to fall in love with her in the first place given the situation- but, nonetheless, I'd do anything for her. I was entirely at her disposal. I wanted so badly to tell her exactly how I felt but, unfortunately, I was terrified. I was terrified of her complete and utter rejection. Knowing full well that she was going to leave and I'd never see that white-as-snow face of hers ever again, I wanted to make these last few moments last. And I didn't want them to be filled with her hatred.

"Oh, Edward." she said a bit sarcastically, averting her eyes. "You're very sweet but.. there isn't much I can ask of you." I sighed. I knew that. Still, I wanted to be able to do something for her-anything that would please her.

We stood in silence for a moment. Awkwardness hung blatantly in the air above her lips and I could tell she wanted to say something but she never did. Instead, she hastily pressed her lips to mine and pulled away, eyes wide. Equally as shocked as she was, I pressed my fingers to my lips and ran my tongue across them.The taste was beautiful- like eating fruit again.

I hungrily pulled her into my arms and kissed her again, allowing my self-control to diminish. She wrapped her arms around my neck, letting me press her thin frame to mine in a desperate attempt to be closer to her. There wasn't much space between us to fill anyway. Maybe it wasn't necessary for me to let her go. Maybe she could stay.. Maybe she wanted me as much as I wanted her..
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the lateness. =/