Status: Ongoing.

Jesus Had a Crown of Thorns

If Time Could Freeze

Image

(Edward's Point of View)
I ran my fingers down her bare back, causing a soft smile to appear over her rosy cheeks. I didn't mean to wake her up- I was just admiring the feel of her skin- but she didn't seem to mind. "Hello." she whispered, eyes opening. I returned her smile and she slid closer to me, laying her head on my chest. She sighed a sigh of content and whispered. "So, what's the plan?"

I closed my eyes and thought for a moment. She could take Bella home and come back. We could get married and Bella could come. I am sure she'd be happy for us. I couldn't bring myself to think of what would happen after that. I held my breath and shook the thought away. All I knew now is that she was, above all, the most important thing in the world to me. I didn't want to think of the future which, as it has been for the last 100 years, was hurtling towards us. I just wanted to think about hte matter at hand; her lying with me now now, at this very second.

Still, the thought found its way to my head again. Immortality. Forever. Monsters. Blood. After the kissing and the wedding and the easiness, I found myself with a dilemma. She would age. Or she would be turned. But how could I ever make her one of us? How could I condemn her to such a horrible "life?" Then again, how could I ever lose her?

"Stay." I said, finally. It was her turn to be quiet. All I heard were her soft, pensive breaths as they escaped and re-entered her lips. I could feel her breathe, too- as if her breathing also sustained my life. Her silence seemed to last for a decade which, as it turns out, wouldn't have seemed to be too long for me.

Finally, she spoke. "Will you help me with something?" she asked. I frowned. It wasn't an answer. Reluctantly, I nodded. "Anything." I said. She smiled, broadly and I immediately regretted agreeing to help her. "Are you sure?" she asked, still smiling widely. Although, I wasn't so sure, I nodded again.

"What is it that you want, Alacrity?" I asked, unsure if I wanted to hear the answer.

"Well..." she began.