Status: Ongoing.

Jesus Had a Crown of Thorns

Help Me

Image

(Alacrity's Point of View)
In the beginning of the kidnapping, about two weeks ago, I thought it would be a bad idea to allow Edward to find me because, knowing him, he would come barreling in unprepared for battle and just tear heads off, falling absent-mindedly into their trap. They were prepared for him but he would not be really prepared for them.

But, I hoped Alice would predict something bad would happen in he came in without a strategy and would stop him and try to formulate a plan. If not.. maybe the Cullens could take down the clan without any trouble. Of course, I knew that it was a far-fetched, irrational hope but, still, it did not matter because I had already let down my shield, however unwillingly, and the Cullens were coming. Hopefully, they were not so blinded by their care for me [and Alice's car] to think of a plan, though, to be safe.

I tiptoed out of my room, although there was no need to be sneaky. I wasn't sure exactly how far away from Forks we were but I knew it would be at least three or four minutes before Edward could arrive, even with vampire speed, because we were relatively far away. I wanted to get to the garden because it would be easier to escape from there than it would be to escape from inside.

"Alacrity.." I heard a vaguely familiar voice call, quiet, soft and smooth. I turned, out of shock rather than curiosity because I knew who the voice belonged to. It was Eric. I'd never heard his voice any less than rough or irritated so it was mind boggling to hear him speak a little louder than a whisper. His face was equally as soft as his voice and, somehow, apologetic.

"I wanted to talk to you about what happened." he said. I glanced at his throat; his addam's apple thick and moving as he tried to find the words. "I wanted to tell you I'm sorry and ask for your apology.

"Its.. okay." I said, unsure how I should respond. "You let me go."

"I know. But I almost didn't. I almost held you crushingly close to my chest, so close, I could feel your heart beat and- even closer- so close, I could feel your heart beat stop. I almost tore open your flesh and lapped up that sweet-smelling blood in your blue veins. I almost- I almost took your life. I almost ruined everything. It could have all been over." he said and pressed his hands to his pale face.

I was extremely weirded out by his wording; how he described feeding off of my like devouring a set of ribs for dinner. He was so casual about it. "So, you are apologizing to me for almost messing up your plans?" I asked, confused.

He sighed. "No, I am apologizing to you for almost killing you. I thought that was pretty obvious." he muttered, retreating back into his dark irritation. "Do you accept it?"

"Uhm. Yes." I stated, still unsure of what was going on.

"Good. I'm going back to the garden. Good night." he said and turned towards the east wing. He was, however, intercepted by my strong-armed, golden-eyed hero.

"You're not going anywhere!"