Status: Ongoing.

Jesus Had a Crown of Thorns

Resolution

(Alacrity's Point of View)
I felt my fingers tingle as they moved, almost on their own to the end table beside me. I dipped my pointer finger into a lukewarm liquid and, suddenly, snapped my eyes open. Blood. The rustic scent slithered into my nose and I grabbed the glass, sipping ravenously from it. I felt my body grow lighter with each swallow.

It was quiet as I looked up to examine the Cullens who were all examining me as well. Each had a different look on their face. Alice's petite features were worried, Rosalie and Emmett were defensive, Jasper looked famished and exhausted, Esme and Carlisle looked more curious than anything and Edward had an expression that I could not read.

I felt a drip of blood slide from my chin to my palm.I glanced down. I looked filthy; like a beast. I felt embarrassed but my cheeks did not heat up. "I-I'm sorry." I began to wipe the blood from my face and onto my hands, awkwardly. Esme was the only Cullen who moved for a moment, retrieving for me a bowl of water and a wash cloth from the corner of the room. It was hard to concentrate. My mind was spewing random sentences like, "Be careful." and, "Is she okay?" and nothing quite made sense. It was as if they were not my own thoughts. I wiped my face and hands clean, thanking Esme.

"Are you- are you okay?" Alice asked me, timidly.

"Yes, I'm fine. I'm not going to attack or anything. Just relax, guys." I said. Almost immediately after the words escaped my lips, they all eased up. I was grateful for this.

Edward took my hand. "Do you feel funny?" he asked me.

"Of course I do. I just drank blood and my mind is wandering-" I began.

He cut me off. "Wandering?" he asked, intrigued.

"Well. Its just like a broken hard-drive or something. Its just thinking random, overlapping sentences." I explained.

"What do you hear right now?" he asked.

All of the Cullens except for Edward and Carlisle gasped and my head was silent for a moment before I heard, "Can you hear me?"

"'Can you hear me?' I heard, 'Can you hear me?'" I said, confused.

Edward's brows furrowed together but Alice giggled lightly and I saw Emmett smirk at Edward. Alice led Jasper out of the room and I could smell blood from the kitchen.

"Is he hungry?" I asked.

"Who? Jasper?" Emmett asked.

I nodded. "Alice is getting him blood. How long has it been since he ate?" I asked.

"How did-? Alice and Jasper did think anything about feeding him- and you just fed so your senses shouldn't be so keen. How did you know she was feeding him?" Edward asked. His brows were still together. I still could not read his expression.

"I smelt it." I replied, simply.

Edward was quiet as the others left the room.

"Alacrity, it seems Alice's vision was right." he said.

"What?! But I-" I began, panicked. I didn't hurt anyone. I felt fine; almost fully in control. I didn't know what was wrong.

"You are very powerful now." he said. "You can read our minds. You can sense what we can't. Not to mention you are a Shield and there are probably still abilities we haven't found yet. The only difference is that you are in control." he said. "Thankfully."

I was taken aback. I didn't know what to say.

Edward smiled, suddenly, and kissed my cheek. He, then, whispered in my ear, "What am I thinking now?"

I listened. Once I sorted out the small voices of the others further away, I heard it. "I love you."

I couldn't help but smile. "I love you, too." I murmured.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, I suck at updating.
Anyways, this is the last chapter. [: