"Worth Fighting for, Worth Lying for, Worth Dying for."

Chapter one; Better left Unrecognized.

Chapter one; Better Left Unrecognized.

“Have a good day, kids.” With the screech of tires on pavement, the van was gone.
Blake looked helplessly at it as it drove away. ‘Well, no turning back now…’ He thought. He looked around. His sister, Clarissa, had already found two friends & was talking & giggling with them.
Blake bit his lip, & looked up at the building. “Saint Terrian Andrews”, or, more commonly, “Slut Training Academy”. His new school.
He already didn’t like it. Boy’s with letterman jackets & million dollar smiles were tossing around footballs, & girls in short shirts were watching them, giggling with their friends, & applying way more makeup than needed.
Blake sighed, & silently prepared to hand his soul over to his new classmates. He took a deep breath, moved to the glass double doors, & pushed them open.
He stopped just inside the doors, & searched around in his messenger bag for the letter he had received from the school a week ago. He found it, & withdrew the sheet containing his locker information.
‘421w, & the combo is 5, 25, 30...’ He thought, starting down a random hallway. The lockers around his were in the 400’s. So far so good.
“Hey, Blakey!”
Blake sighed. He recognized the high voice as his sister’s, & she was the only one who called him “Blakey”.
“Yes, Clarissa?” He said dully, turning to face her.
“Hey, what’s with the hostility? I was just wondering if you’ve found your locker yet.”
“I was just looking for it…”
“Let me see that.” One of Clarissa’s friends said, appearing out of nowhere beside her. She snatched the paper out of his hands with a bright pink-nailed hand.
“Hello to you too, Tara.” Blake said. He knew her; It was his best friend, Jake’s, cousin.
She ignored him. “421? Oh, that’s over here.” She said, pointing to a locker, & flashing a pearly smile at him.
“Thanks. I’ll have that back…” He said, taking the paper from her.
“What’s wrong with him?” Another one of Clarissa’s friends said in a high, whiney voice. This one, he didn’t know.
“I really don’t wanna be here.” He said shortly, moving to the locker Tara had pointed out.
“He’s only here because I passed the exam.” He heard Clarissa explaining to her friends.
“After three years of trying!” He called over his shoulder.
“Shut up, fag!” She shouted back.
He growled to himself, & tried to open the locker. Didn’t work. He tired again. Again, didn’t work.
“Are you sure this is right?” He said, not looking up.
“Oh yeah, I’m sure!” He heard Tara reply.
He tried again, in vain. He turned around. “Tara, I’m pretty sure th-”
“What the fuck are you doing with my locker?!” Someone yelled.
Blake looked down the hall, & his eyes widened. It was one of the guy’s he had seen on the field earlier, & three of his friends.
“Hey! I asked you what you were doing!” He called again, as he came closer.
Blake stepped back. “Nothing, I- I-”
“He was probably trying to break in!” One of the guys friends said, stating the obvious.
“No! No, I was- I thought-”
“Shut up.” The guy said. He was right in front of Blake now. He quickly brought his fist back, & punched Blake across the face.
“Oops, sorry, it must be the other 421!” He heard Tara’s voice say. Then the bell rang.
They guys left, & so did the girls. Blake picked himself up. His nose was bleeding freely, but it didn’t appear to be broken.
He cleaned off a bit in the fountain, & ran to his first class, art.
He got numerous stares, & the teacher made him go to the office, who then called his mother to take him to the doctor.
Oh, what a great first day.