"Worth Fighting for, Worth Lying for, Worth Dying for."

Chapter Ten; She Runs on Alcohol.

Chapter ten; She Runs on Alcohol.

Blake was very excited for the next school day, as he had Drafting & Design first.
He even caught himself fixing his hair in the hall mirror on the way out, which surprised him.
When he got to class, Wynter was already seating in the same place as yesterday.
“Hey,” She looked up as she heard him coming.
“Hey,” He said, sitting down.
“How did the whole band thing go?”
He grinned. “I’m in, baby.”
“Awesome!” She said, grinning back.
“You in for a practice later then?”
“Yes!” She laughed “I’m all excited now.”
He smiled. “Great. Meet me outside of the library after school, then?”
She smiled. “Sure.”
Again, neither of them listened to the teacher, & only focussed on each other.
After the bell rang, all Blake could think about was the practice later. Would she like them? He really hoped so.
When the last bell rang, he leapt out of his seat & bolted for the library. She was leaning against the outer wall, waiting for him.
“Oh, I hope I didn’t keep you…” He said.
She smirked. “Nah, I skipped.”
They left the school & began the walk to Blake’s. As soon as they were officially off school grounds, the started rummaging around in her messenger bag. After a few seconds, she pulled out a can of beer. He stared.
“Oh, you want one? I should have another…” She dove into her bag again.
“I’m fine, thanks.”
She shrugged. “Suit yourself.” & chugged part of the can.
‘Not weird at all…’ He thought, relieved that he could see his house. “Just up here.” He said, & quickened his pace. She kept up with him, & soon they were there.
The guys were already in the basement, drinking cokes & fooling around.
“Heyhey, who is this lovely lady?” Keef said then they came in. Wynter blushed.
“Down, boy.” Jake said laughing. “But really, who is it?”
“Guys, this is Wynter. Is it okay if she stays & watches?”
Everyone agreed, & Wynter sat down on the beat-up couch while the guys set up.
When they were done, they stood defiantly in front of her, ready to present their art.
“Here goes nothing…” Murmured Blake as they blasted into 'Tell it to the Dead'.