"Worth Fighting for, Worth Lying for, Worth Dying for."

Chapter twelve; I Understand, what you’re Saying…

Chapter twelve; I Understand, what you’re Saying… It Just Seems, a Little Insecure, to Agree.

After a long-ass five-way phone call, the guys had decided that Blake needed to tell Wynter how he felt, & ‘if she hated him forever, he’s always got his boys’ as they said.
Scary as it sounded, he had to admit that they were probably right. So, he called Wynter & asked her if she wanted to go for lunch after they got out from school. She agreed, & Blake hung up the phone, proud of himself.
But, of course, that didn’t last.
“Where am I gonna take her?” “How will I tell her?” “What if she doesn’t feel the same way?” “What do I wear?”
Blake went upstairs to his room, & dug through his closet. His dad came to the door & watched him throw clothes on his bed & moan in desperation for a few minutes. Finally… “Date?”
“Uh, sorta.” Blake said, glancing up at him.
“Remember, son; The way to a girls heart is through her stom… Wait… That’s not right…” & he wandered away down the hall, trying to figure out what he was saying.
Blake stared after him for a second, then went back to finding something to wear. Eventually he picked his favourite UnderOath shirt, a pair of tight black jeans, & black high-top chucks. Which he probably would have worn the next day anyways, without any planning.
He went to bed soon after, but stayed awake for hours thinking. He’d just tell her after lunch that he loved her, & to take it or leave it. Easy as that.
The next morning he dressed in what he had told himself he would, & actually attempted to fix his hair. When he got to school, he sat in his usual bleacher spot in the gym, & few minutes later Wynter joined him in hers.
“Hey,” she said as she sat down. “Finally, done!”
He looked at her, & gulped. “Y- Yeah…”
She cocked her head to one side. “You okay?”
He nodded. “Yeah, yeah, I’m fine.”
She smiled. “Okay.”
For once, they actually listened to what the principal had to say. When he was done, they waited until the rush of students had left before making their exit.
“Where do you wanna eat?” Blake asked her as he pushed the double doors open & they spilled out onto the white pavement.
“Uhm, your pick. I’m really not that hungry.”
“I’m not either. Lets just skip lunch, then?” He said, truthfully. He was pretty sure he couldn’t stomach anything right then.
She smiled. “Sure.”
“What shall we do instead?”
“Lets go for a walk.” She said, taking his hand.
They walked around the mall for a while, then finally ended up at the park.
&, unsurprising of Seattle, it began to rain.
Blake didn’t mind it, & Wynter loved it. She separated from him & leaped over a rock, then ran back to him. He picked her up & swung her in a circle, making her laugh. He put her down, & she wrapped her arms around his waist, & he did the same to her.
Blake felt invincible. Wynter clinging to him, the warm summer rain socking him to the bone. There was nothing he couldn’t do.
“Hey, Wynter?” He said quietly.
“Yeah, Blake?”
“I love you.”
“I love you too.”
He smiled to himself, & pulled her closer to him. He closed his eyes, & planted a kiss in her hair.
Here was a new feeling. It was similar to the feeling he had had before, but it was much, much better. He could have labelled it satisfaction, but he really didn’t want to use such a mundane word. He wouldn’t really even want to use the word “love”, either; much to cliché for this.
But Blake did know one thing; This was his life, laid out in front of him, & he was going to go places. He had always known that.
But now he had someone to share it with.
-The End-