"Worth Fighting for, Worth Lying for, Worth Dying for."

Chapter four; Fate Loves the Fearless.

Chapter four; Fate loves the Fearless.

It was two months in, & Blake still hadn’t really spoken to anyone. If someone asked him for something, he would act cold towards them, & offer no respect. As he thought, they didn’t deserve any.
After school he would head home, do some homework until the guys got there, do whatever with them, then come home & do homework.
Clarissa was still failing, which was a common discussion topic at dinnertimes & long car rides.
One evening, while the family ate dinner together, Blake’s mother brought up Clarissa’s grades, again.
“Clarissa, how did your math test today go?” She asked, shovelling salad onto her plate.
“Uh- Uh-” Clarissa mumbled, turning pink. “I- Uh-”
“You failed.” Her mother said smoothly, reaching for the dressing.
“Uh, yeah.” Clarissa answered quietly, staring at her plate.
“You’re grounded, for a month.”
“But mom! I…”
“No, that’s final.”
“Honey, that’s not right. Clarissa is gifted! She should be, encouraged, not-” Blake’s dad said, again.
“She’s grounded.”
That shut him up.
They ate the rest of the meal in near silence, till Clarissa finally said “I’m sorry, Mom. Dad.”
Her mother just looked at her & said “Why can’t you be more like Blake?” & left for the kitchen.
Clarissa looked at him. Blake’s heart dropped. ‘Oh. Fuck. Why did she have to say that….’ Clarissa smirked at him. He knew the next while at school was going to be hell.
& it was. Every chance they got, Clarissa & her friends would trip him, or whisper whenever he walked by, call him names, embarrass him, whatever they could. But Blake didn’t care. He had decided the only people worth caring about were his bandmates.
So, he was doing extremely well in school, & the band was going great. His parents still fought over Clarissa’s grades regularly, but there was nothing he could do about that.
Unfortunately, Clarissa being grounded meant she was constantly at home, complaining about his band practicing, or flirting with his friends.
Even though he managed to seem undisturbed by the lack of socializing he did from 9-3, after a while, Blake did start to feel… Lonely.