"Worth Fighting for, Worth Lying for, Worth Dying for."

Chapter five; Tell it to the Dead.

Chapter five; Tell it to the Dead.

Blake’s loneliness didn’t leave. Now he actually tried to talk to his classmates, but they now seemed rather scared of him. It was his own fault though, so he didn’t blame them… Really.
The band was getting better & better, & having more practices. Blake loved these, as these kids were really his only friends.
One day, after a practice, he & Jake ended up watching a movie. It was a nameless tv movie, pretty boring, so they talked most of it.
“So, how is school going?” Blake asked, playing with the hem of his shirt.
“Same old, same old. Missing you. What about you? Talk to anyone yet?” Jake asked, giving a half-hearted smile.
“Just because no one wants to talk to me…”
Jake was quiet. After a couple awkward minutes, Blake looked up at him. “Yeah…”
“Well, its not like its not your fault.” He said, looking up at Blake while rubbing the back of his neck.
Blake snorted. “You kidding? None of them would talk to me!”
“But then you started totally ignoring them!” Jake cried, brushing his dull brown hair away from his face.
“Shut up! You don’t know what they’re like!”
“I know what they sound like, & what it sounds like you’ve been doing!”
Blake stared. Jake looked really angry. Why did he care so much, though? But then Blake realized he would have done the same. But what he was doing was perfectly logical, right? “Ignoring them is the best I can do!”
“Well, then why would you expect them to like you?!” Jake yelled, standing. “You know what, forget this. I’m gone.” & he left, slamming the door behind him.
Blake sat on the couch, staring at Jake’s shoes on the ground by the door. A few seconds later, the door opened & Jake leaned in & grabbed his shoes, glared at Blake, then left.
-
The next day, Blake didn’t talk to anyone. Its not like it was that big a deal, right? He’d go to band practice later, apologize to Jake, & poof! Everything would be fine.
That is not what happened.
“We ready to get started?!” Blake cried as he entered his garage later, where the rest of the band was waiting.
“Yea-Yeah!” Jacob cried.
Blake walked in front of Jake, who was standing by the mic, to get his guitar. “Hey.” He said quietly.
Jake kept staring in the opposite direction.
‘Not good…’ Blake thought.
The rest of the practice, Jake totally ignored him. He left first, without saying a word to Blake.
This could be a problem.