"Worth Fighting for, Worth Lying for, Worth Dying for."

Chapter seven; Builders, Wreckers, Lovers & Taker

Chapter seven; Builders, Wreckers, Lovers & Takers.

When Blake went downstairs for breakfast the next morning, he was almost surprised to find it empty. There was a note on the table, from his Dad, telling him there were doughnuts in the pantry & to have a good day.
But, how could he have a good day?
As usual, Clarissa had left for school early & without him, & when he got there she was surrounded by her friends, pretending to be all upset.
“Fucking liar.” Blake muttered, going to his locker. He noticed as he walked, he was getting more stares & whispers than normal.
“I heard he made his mom leave…” He heard someone say.
He nearly stopped walking.
‘Oh. My. Fucking. God.’ He thought, breathing in deeply. There was no way Clarissa had sunk that low. Well… No.
He finally reached his locker, took down the several post-its that said ‘HOMEWRECKER!!' In writing he knew to be Clarissa’s, & what he assumed to be that of her friends, got his photography stuff, & went to his class.
Unfortunately, he had to pass Clarissa & her friends again to get there. The guy who had punched Blake in the face at the beginning of the year was also there. His nose was fine now, but it hurt a bit whenever he thought about it.
As he passed them, he heard her say. “Oh, it was so awful, I cried all night, I miss her so much!”
Blake nearly laughed.
Fucking liar.” He whispered to himself as he kept walking.
“Hey, fag, what did you say?”
Blake recognized the voice instantly. His nose looked fine, & he intended to keep it that way.
He had never run so fast in his life.
-
Later that day, before the band started practicing, he told the guys what had happened.
Blake felt horrible about it, but he felt as though Jake might speak to him again, out of pity.
He got a sympathetic look, but that was it. The others felt really bad, though.
As always, practicing cheered Blake up, a bit. Well, until his sister came in, screaming at him.
She didn’t even wait till they went in between songs. She walked right though the band, ducking swinging guitars until she was right in front of him. He pissed her off even more but playing while she was talking.
“How fucking dare you say I don’t care that mom left!” She screamed.
“Well, you didn’t!” He yelled back, not really caring.
“Grrr, fuck you Blake!” She ran upstairs just as the song ended.
“Dude, your sister’s kinda hot when she’s mad.” Mike said, ducking as Blake hucked a can from the ground at him.
“I can’t believe her!”