"Worth Fighting for, Worth Lying for, Worth Dying for."

Chapter eight; Conversation Blackout.

Chapter eight; Conversation Blackout.

Before Blake knew it, the exams had come. Even though he was already scoring 90-98%’s in all of his classes, he still wanted to do well.
So, starting a month before the exams started, all he did was study.
Study, study, study. At lunch, & everyday after school.
He even started skipping band practices band practices, which was weird. He’d just tell the guys he had to study, & shooed them out.
Eventually, he stopped seeing his bandmates entirely. Blake didn’t really think about it, as he was constantly studying. He was glad he could stay in his room a lot though, cause there wasn’t the constant reminder of his mother being gone.
Often while he was practicing math problems or going over parts of speech, his friends would throw pebbles at his window & call for him. He’d usually going over to his window, calmly tell them he was studying, & close his drapes.
Neither Clarissa nor his father noticed he was studying constantly, but that’s probably because Clarissa was always out & his father was doing duties that usually would have been his mothers job.
Of course, Blake knew he didn’t need to study this hard, as he was already doing very well in school. But, he had never gotten a report card this high before, & he wanted it to be even better.
Also, a tiny part of him thought that maybe if he called his mother & told her how well he was doing, she might come back. He knew in his heart that wouldn’t work, though.
Finally, after what seemed like years of studying, the date for first exam, math, came.
While walking up the five staircases to his classroom, instead of doing problems in his head, he thought about how much he missed his friends. That took a while.
Finally, he reached his classroom. Most of the class was already there, probably unaware they even had their exams today. He took a deep breath, crossed his fingers, & went inside.