"Worth Fighting for, Worth Lying for, Worth Dying for."

Chapter nine; This is your Emergency.

Chapter nine; This is Your Emergency.

Naturally, Blake did extremely well in the exams. Of course, he would have gotten very high mark anyways. He tried to call his mothers cell, but somehow got an ‘Alfred Shoeman’. He guessed she had probably changed her number, which made him feel a slight bit bitter towards her. What if he or Clarissa ever really needed her?
The next week, the second semester started, meaning new classes & new people. Blake wasn’t nervous, as he assumed the people in these classes would be assholes too. After science, which wasn’t too great, Blake heading off to his new B-Block, ‘Drafting & Design’, not expecting anything different.
He sat in the back, by himself, & listened to his iPod until class started. Just as the teacher began taking roll call, a girl rushed in the door, muttered “Sorry,” to the teacher, & moved to the back of the room.
“Hey, uhm, can I sit here?” Blake heard someone say, & looked up.
“Of… Course, yeah!” He said, forcing his voice to stay steady. He moved his backpack off the other desk, & she sat down. She was quite pretty, he thought. She had shoulder length, shaggy, bleached blonde hair with bangs that fell into her eyes, with the bottom layer died black & the top curled slightly. She had greyish blue eyes, which were circled in eyeliner & pink eye shadow. She was wearing tight black pants & a red & black corset-like shirt.
She smiled at him. “I’m Wynter.”
“I’m, uh, Blake.”
“You new here? I’ve never seen you before.” She asked, searching through her bag for something to write with.
“I started this year, I used to go to Clefstone.” Blake said, smiling. Even though they had known each other for barely a minute, he felt very comfortable around Wynter.
“Oh, really? Let me guess; A sibling passed the exam, & is now in heaven.” She said, looking up at him & smirking.
“After three years of trying.” He said, laughing.
She smiled. “You know, you’re okay. Not like the usually fuckhead’s around here.”
He smiled. “Thanks. You know, you should come to one of my ba…” He was about to say one of his band practices; But after ignoring his bandmates for so long, he wasn’t sure he could bear going back now. & what if they had already replaced him?
She looked at him, & probably noticing his confused expression said, “What’s wrong?”
“Well, uh,” Might as well tell her. “While I was studying for the exams, I basically completely cut off contact from my bandmates. I doubt they’ll even want me back anymore. I really don’t think I can go to another practice.”
She thought for a second. “You want my thoughts?” He nodded, “I think you should. I highly doubt they would have kicked you out, & even if they did, you can leave smoothly. Otherwise, just apologize, & everything should be fine, right?”
He shrugged. “Yeah, I guess so.”
She smiled. “Well, if you’re all okay with it, I’d love to come watch a practice.”
He smiled. “That would be great.”
While the teacher talked, they talked about school, music, their friends, & other random stuff.
After what felt like nothing, the bell rang & they went to C block, drama for Blake. At lunch he looked for Wynter, but couldn’t find her anywhere. The rest of the day dragged on, & after school he walked over to Jake’s house.
Surprisingly, the others were already there. Blake knocked on the door & waited. After about a minute, Jacob answered.
“Uh, hey.” He said.
“Hi.” Blake said quietly.
“Were you planning on coming to practice today?”
Blake stared at him. “I’m still in the band?!”
Jacob almost laughed, “Of course you are, fucktard!”
Blake grinned. “Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeets goooooooooooooo!”
The others guy quickly got ready, & off they went to Blake’s.
On the way there, Jake caught up with Blake.
“Hey, uhm… I’m really sorry. I overreacted. I miss you.”
Blake smiled. “I’m sorry too. Over it?”
Jake grinned. “Hells yes, buddie.”