Status: thinking of deleting, let me know what you think!

My Apologies

Chapter Eight

“Aiden.. Get off your brother,” I demanded as I walked through the living room to open the front door. It had been two months since Matt had walked back into my life and so far he was proving that he planned to stick around. Matt was waiting on the other side, he was picking up the twins and taking them to see his parents and explain the whole awkward ordeal. He knew they were sure to flip once he told them, that was the reason he wanted the twins there. I guess he was hoping that they would take the attention away from him and make it harder for his mom to yell at him. I knew that it would work, Kim would be absolutely smitten when she caught sight of the twins. Gary, however, would pull Matt aside, he wouldn’t be happy that Matt abandoned his responsibilities. He would be angry, and rightly so, he had missed out on being a grandpa because his son was stupid.

“Are they ready to go?” Matt asked hesitantly, I smiled reassuringly before nodding and letting him in. I motioned towards the couch were the twins were currently wrestling.

“They just have to grab their coats and shoes and their good to go,” I said quickly, Matt smiled before turning his eyes toward the twins.

“Hey you two stop killing each other and get your shoes on,” he demanded as he easily lift Aiden off Tristan.

“Alright Mattie but I’m not pleased that you’re helping him… he is a bad boy” Aiden said with a frown as she placed her little hands on her hips quickly. I slightly laughed from the doorway at the serious look on her tiny face.

“What did he do?” Matt asked curiously.

“He took Barbie’s dress and he won’t give it back,” she nearly yelled as she threw her arms about in frustration. Matt chuckled before turning to look at Tristan quickly.

“Give her the dress and get your coat on,” Matt said, Tristan sighed in discontent before producing a tiny dress from his pocket and pushing it towards Aiden.

“There happy now?” he fumed as he marched off to the closet in the kitchen to grab his coat. I laughed at this before turning to look at a grinning Aiden.

“Thanks daddy,” she said in delight, grinning from ear to ear. I looked at Matt in shock before glancing between Aiden and him.

“Did you just call me daddy?” Matt asked quickly, Aiden shrugged.

“That’s what the girls in school call their mommy’s friends,” Aiden stated nonchalantly before turning and skipping off after Tristan. Matt turned to look at me quickly.

“She just called me daddy… you have absolutely no idea how amazing that felt,” Matt exclaimed as he threw his arms around me and pulled me close to him. “can we please tell them soon?” he whispered in my ear. I, against my better judgement, nodded slightly against his chest.

“Yeah, I think its time… but I swear to god Matt that you better not leave them, you better be in their lives if we’re telling them,” I replied with a look that told him not to mess with me. Not when I was in mama bear mode. Right now I was liable to do anything to protect my kids.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments are nice :P so do that please!