‹ Prequel: Never Coming Home
Status: Updating because it's nearly finished.

All That I've Got

Don't Want to Think About Tomorrow



"Hey, I'm so glad you could actually come! For a while there, I thought I'd actually have to take Lissa!"
"No way! Skye to the rescue, I guess."
He was smiling like an idiot.
"Come on, we've got to get going--unless, of course, you want to stand for the whole concert?"
His raised eyebrow questioned my sanity.
"Uhm, no, I'm good, thanks. I like chairs."
"Who are you more excited for, We Lie to You, or Everything We're Not?"
Everything We're Not is the other headliner. They were both amazing, and usually I liked the latter, but....
"We Lie to You, definitely."
"Really? I pegged you as more of an Everything We're Not kind of girl."
I used to be, I consider telling him. But that was when you were here, and we would talk about them and listen to them for hours. Now....
"We're here!"
"Already?"

Insane. The only word to describe tonight. I told Blake what time I needed to be home by, and after that it was all about the music. I knew all but one song by Everything We're Not, and every song by We Lie to You. It was great.
The only weird thing was Blake...again. Sometimes, when I look at him, he turns away real fast, so I don't catch him staring. But you of all people know I am quick to forget...except for grudges. But that's not my point.
Focusing on the music, I let myself drift until I feel like a part of the music. Like another note in the song, another word in the lyrics.
It feels so good, it's almost to easy to forget what happened, to not care about what happens tomorrow. And for a while, I do. But all too soon, the songs end, and the last notes fade. Then it's back to reality. Back to my life. Yay.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's been a few days, but I haven't had my notebook with me. Sorry!
Not that anyone actually reads this....
I like this chapter, it's one of my favorites.

--Kaylee