‹ Prequel: Never Coming Home
Status: Updating because it's nearly finished.

All That I've Got

All Black



Well, me being me, meaning that I am a total dumbass, I am sitting here--well, lying here--listening to to Blake on the phone with his mom. She said she would only approve if I went over for dinner and met them. Then maybe she would possibly approve of our, quote, "teenage love affair"...or so his step-dad called it.
Blake blushed when he heard that.
I laughed at him, which made him blush even deeper.
I guess his parents heard, because they started to laugh, too.
He finally managed to stutter out a good-bye and hang up.
He covered his face and groaned.
"I hate my life...."
"Join the club, dude," I said, laughing.
He glanced over at me and raised an eyebrow.
"Oh really, now? You hate your life? I find that a bit hard to believe."
He was being serious.
That strikes a nerve. I fight not to let anger show.
"Yeah, actually. Most of the time, life sucks."
He rolls his eyes and frowns.
"Okay, then. Give me three way that life sucks for you."
I grimace and turn away. I am not telling this guy, who I've only known for barely three weeks, anything important about my life. I don't even know the first thing about him!
End of story. I shake my head slowly, still facing away from him.
He sighs and puts a hand on my shoulder, which I shrug off, and hold back my snappy comments...but he doesn't.
"I knew it."
I look over at him, curiosity clear on my face.
He continued, "You've got nothing. Your life clearly does not suck. Quite contrary, actually. You live with your wonderful aunt, and have freedom to do almost anything. No lost loves...nothing."
I scoffed, sat up, and rounded on him in anger.
"How dare you! You know nothing about me or my life! Ever wonder WHY I live with my aunt? You have barely even known me for three weeks! How the hell can you make assumptions about me huh? What gives you the right to judge me?!? Who died and made you king?!?"
Blake just sat there, stunned. He had never seen me like that before. Nobody but you had. His jaw slacked a bit, and he chewed his lip. He wants to say something. I know he does.
But he doesn't.
I shake me head, stand up, and brush the dirt off my jeans.
Blake looks up at me.
"Bye Blake, I'm going home."
I had already started to walk away when he asked,
"Why?"
I paused, shook my head, and kept walking.
I didn't turn around.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, I had to make them fight.
Just wait till you see what happens next.
;)