‹ Prequel: Never Coming Home
Status: Updating because it's nearly finished.

All That I've Got

Why Not?



His house. is freaking. Huge.
Like...mini-mansion huge. Think Gone With the Wind miniaturized.
"Wow, Blake, your house is...."
"Well, it's home. I like it just fine."
This house is like...five times the size of my little apartment. And a lot nicer, too.
I heard barking and turned to see a huge Golden Retriever charging toward the car.
Blake cut the engine and got out, embracing the slobbery, happy pup.
"Hey buddy! How's my Silver?"
Silver? But he's a Golden Retriever....
Silver turns to me expectantly. I am such a softy! I get to my knees and pet his huge, fluffy head. His tail is moving so fast, I'm kind of surprised it doesn't fly off.
"Silver, come here! Oh, hey Skye!...Hi Blake."
"Come on, now, is that any way to greet your favorite brother Liss?"
"You're my only brother...and you're late."
"Sorry," I say, "My fault."
Lissa smiled, "No problem, it doesn't matter. Come on, mom's waiting."
I ignored Blake as best I could without being noticed. His parents liked me well enough. They kept exchanging these weird little glances. Lissa was completely ignoring her family, talking only to me and to Silver. Silver loved me, too. All throughout dinner I could feel him laying my my feet. That and Blake's hand on mine under the table. I honestly wished I could have slapped him. Still not exactly happy with him.

Finally, his parents ran out of questions...and food. They fed us a full three-course meal. I would be shocked if i could even get out of my chair. At this rate, I figure I'll be hungry in about...3 or 4 days. Blake looked to his parents.
"Well..." said his father, "I approve. Skye, you are such a charming girl. It was so nice to meet you."
I smiled my brightest, most polite smile. Blake said good-bye to his parents and dragged me out the door before I could even answer.
He looked relieved to be out of his house, and silently, we drove back to mine.
"So...I have no idea what you're complaining about. Your parents are really great, plus you have Silver."
He nodded, "Yeah, they're pretty cool. Silver's the best dog I've ever had."
neither of us answered the unspoken question. What happened now? Is he staying or not?
I decide to answer it for him.
"You're free to stay over my place--if you still want to."
I have to give him credit, though. He didn't look as shocked as I knew he felt.
"it's not like I'm going to just ditch you by the side of the road. I'm not that much of a bitch...usually."
Blake nodded, then smiled.
"Well, I wouldn't say that...but it's nice knowing I'm not going to have to sleep in my car. My parents would wonder if I came home tonight. so...camping out in the living room? Or do I get a bed?"
I pretend to ponder this.
"Well..." I sighed, "I guess you could sleep in the guest bed. But only if you're gonna be nice."
♠ ♠ ♠
Silver
Sorry, I know it's been a week...or two.
:)
I also updated Shadowblood, so....
*hint hint*
Hope you like!!!
The next chapter is one of my favorites, and one of the ones I changed.