‹ Prequel: Never Coming Home
Status: Updating because it's nearly finished.

All That I've Got

Are You Gonna Be My Girl?



I really don't want to get out of bed. At all. But the phone is ringing. So I have to. Blake is still sleeping in the bed next to me. Wait--not in the bed with me--he's in the bed that is next to my bed...yeah. Awkward....
What time is it anyway? The answering machine picks up the phone. I freeze. Shit.

Hey Skye, it's Jane. I hope I didn't wake you. I should be back around one. Call me when you get this. Love you, bye!

I check my clock. It's 11:30, so I have an hour and a half to wake Blake (hehe), get us both dressed (no funny thoughts!!!), and make both beds. The I have to get Blake out of here (and possibly go with him....hm.....)
"Morning Skye." I turn to see a shirtless Blake. Thank god he was wearing pants.
"Uh...hey Blake.... What...?"
He looked down at his naked torso.
"Yeah, right, about that. I kinda got hot, so...."
"Okay, whatever," I say, changing the subject to one that doesn't make him blush so much, "Are you hungry yet?"
"Nope, I'm not really a morning person."
I don't have the heart to point out that it is almost afternoon.
"Really? I love breakfast. Pancakes are the best."
He kinda smirked at me like I was an idiot. Hey! No need to agree with the man.
"So what time are you kicking me out?" he asked.
"Normally I would say whenever, but Jane doesn't exactly know that you're here, and she said she'll be home at one, so...."
"So you need me out by one?"
"Preferably. If I don't want to be grounded."
"Aw, what fun would that be?"
I smirked, "My thought exactly."
He smiled this strange little half-smirk back at me. I blinked. There was only one other person in the world who could do that and make my heart jump. That person is famous and I will never have a chance with him. Not even you could do that.
"So...you like getting in trouble, Skye?"
"Well, it depends," I say, getting nervous and trying not to stutter.
He takes one step closer, and I take one step back.
"Scared?" he breathed, and his stupid smirk dared me to say otherwise. I am always up for a challenge....
"No," I say, sounding more confident than I feel, "I'm not scared. Not of you."
"Alright then...what are you scared of?"
I start to answer, but then the most cliche thing in the world happens--the phone rings.
"Damn," I say, "This had better be good."
I reach for the phone, but Blake grabs my wrist.
"What?"
"Leave it."
"Why? What if it's important? It could be Jane."
"So? The machine will get it."
His offer was so tempting, I almost considered it. But then he answering machine picked up.

Skye, it's me. I haven't heard back from you. Iknow you are up. If I don't hear from you in the next ten minutes--

"Hey Jane, sorry about that."
"Where were you?"
"Uhm...taking a shower. I was just about to head down to the park."
I ignored Blake's stare, and motioned for him to be quiet. He rolled his eyes at me, so I stuck my tongue out at him. Me, childish? Never.
"Skye? Did you hear me?"
"Sorry, what?"
She sighed at me.
"I said that I would like you to be there when I get home. I haven't seen you since Friday morning. Is the house clean? Is anyone with you?"
"Yes, Jane, the house is clean. And...no...no one is with me."
Okay, so maybe I felt a little bad lying to her. I hung up quickly after that. I only had about forty minutes to get Blake out, make the beds...and get dressed. Damn, I would have to make it look like I showered.
Blake was sulking. What did I do now?
"Blake, whatsup? You okay? What did I do?"
"The opposite of down, yes...you picked up the phone."
The last part was mumbled, so I could barely hear him.
It took a minute, but then, "Oh, right...sorry."
He shrugged, and I said, "Kinda ruined the moment, huh?"
He played dumb, "What moment?"
That freaking smirk appeared again. I smirked right back.
"This moment", I said. Then I kissed him.
Wait, what?!? I did what?!?
I pulled back, shocked at myself.
Blake blinked a couple of times, then looked down at me. The smirk was gone.
"Uhm, wow, Skye," My face heated.
"I'm s-sorry, I j-just, uhm, just, well..."
Blake smirked at me and kissed me again. This time, when I pulled back, he was smiling.
"I know. You can stop stuttering now."
I blushed harder. Damn that shirtless jerk!
"What," he said, "Am I not a good kisser? Skye, you're turning purple. Are you okay?"
He put his hand to my forehead. It was fucking cold. I shook my head.
"I...wow, I just...wasn't expecting...that is all. Kinda surprised myself there."
I smiled a bit, and I could feel my face cooling slightly. My heart was racing.
"Well, you're the one that kissed me. You were the one surprised? I doubt it." He said, looking quite mischievous.
"Stop teasing me!" I laughed, "Besides, you're the one that kissed back!"
"You made the first move!"
"Like hell I did!"
We were both laughing, and it took a while for us both to calm down, our sides and faces aching. Once one of us stopped laughing, we would see the other laughing, and start all over again.
"Dammit, Blake, Jane's gonna be home in less than an hour. I've still got to get dressed and make the bed."
"Don't forget about kicking me out."
I frowned, then smiled, "I'll escape, don't worry. As soon as Jane lets me, I'll be headed to the park. Okay?"
"Works for me. I should probably change, right?"
"Well, unless you want to go home like that, then yes. That would be good."
Blake kissed my cheek as he left, and promised to call me later.
Life is good.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my god, long update!!!
Probably one of the most "controversial" chapters among my friends (i.e. AMERICAN GRACE), so I hope u like!!
Paramore live = UNREAL!!!
House of Blues = fun as hell
Paramore at the House of Blues = one of the BEST NIGHTS of my LIFE.
I couldn't think of a song for this, so I hope this one fits.