‹ Prequel: Never Coming Home
Status: Updating because it's nearly finished.

All That I've Got

Playback's Such a Waste



I hate having to sit at home after school, because I can hear the phone ring repeatedly as Blake calls me over and over. Seven to my cell, three to my house, and that's just from yesterday afternoon. I'll talk to him when I'm good and ready...which may very well be never again. I already haven't talked to him in a about a week. But other than his absence, life goes on as usual. Ellie says Hi if she sees me in the hallways, and I get a smile from Kay. Although, Nichola still seems to want to bite my head off. I'm okay with that.

There are only two weeks left of my Junior year, and it could not go any slower. Plus, prom is next Saturday, and guess who isn't going to be there? Precisely.
We always said we would go together, you and me. But then you bailed on me, so now I get to stay home and watch a movie marathon. Good times.
The final bell rings, and I bolt to my car before anyone else even exits the room. As I go to start my car, I see the note on my windshield. How did I miss that? Ugh, of course you know who it's from...

Skye Peyton Lennox,
I'm sorry. I am so so sorry. I have no idea how you must be feeling. But please, just read this, hear me out--it will explain
everything.
After Lacey told me, I said I would be there for her, no matter what. But she told me she wasn't even sure she wanted to go through with it, never mind keep the baby.
When she finally figured out that she wanted to put it up for adoption, she told me. Josey was the only other person who knew. I never told my parents, but I think they found out eventually.
One afternoon after school, I decided to surprise her, and I found her
shooting up.She was pregnant, and she wasshooting heroin! She tried to talk to me, but I just couldn't stand there and listen to her lies. So I threatened to tell her parents everything. Then I left.
I have never forgiven myself.
Her parents found her the next morning, dead from an overdose. The baby, of course, was gone. My parents sent me to a shrink, and Josey moved away to start over. After a while, we did, too. Lissa doesn't know what happened, and I hope she never does.
Skye, I am so sorry for hurting you like that. But please, forgive me. I had to tell you. If you don't reply, I won't call you again. Otherwise, meet me in the park at 7:30.
Love always,
Blake


I sat in my chair, stunned. I had abandoned him. He had lost his best friends and unborn baby. He tried to confide in me and I walked away. A million thoughts run through my brain, but only one stands out:

I have to talk to him.