‹ Prequel: Never Coming Home
Status: Updating because it's nearly finished.

All That I've Got

You Take the Breath Right Out of Me



So, thank god, I was then saved, literally, by the bell. It rang right after that, and I bolted. I had barely made it to my seat, out of breath, when he—Blake—walked through the door all calm, and sat down right next to me. Damn.
Well, now you know what happened. For all of class and for the rest of the day I ignored and avoided Black-lab Blake. I swear to you, he is like a freaking puppy. Hence the nickname. Thanks to you, I now dread school/Hell more than ever. Love you, too. Not.

So that new kid—Brian, Blake, whatever—is actually pretty cool. At least, I think he might be. You see, we were in the library, doing whatever (of course, we could listen to music on the one day I forgot my iPod), and I walked by him, and—lo and behold—I heard none other than We Lie to You. Who would have though that he, of all people, would like our kind of music? But, then again, he could just be a poser. Or he could be borrowing someone else’s iPod. Whatever, I’ll just shut up now. I just thought that it was kind of cool that, the annoying thing that he was—well, is—listened to We Lie to You. Maybe I’ll ask him about it tomorrow. Or not...you know what? Just forget that I said anything. It will be better for the both of us.

Oh my god. I hate science. My teacher will not. Stop. Talking. So now I am talking to you. After we left the library, Blake walked right up to me. Guess what he started talking about? Music. Exactly what I thought—creepy. Blake, oblivious as he is, asks me if I have ever heard of We Lie to You. Um, hello? Earth to Blake. I am wearing their frigging shirt.
He notices my blank look and then sees my shirt. His eyes widen a bit, he nods, then turns a bit pink.
“Oh right,” he says, “So I’m guessing you’ve heard of them?”
I nod, my eyebrow raised in that ‘Wow, you’re a moron’ look I give people. Then the idiot keeps talking. You’d think he would have learned to shut up by now. But he just keeps smiling.
“Cool, because I was wondering—”
Then the bell rings, again. Praise the bell-ringing gods! They must love me today.
“So, Skye, I guess I’ll just talk to you later then?”
What?!? Does he totally not get it? I do not want to talk to him! He is annoying and a pain in the rear-end!
So now I’m in Spanish, the last class of the day (thank god), and he’s staring at me. Blake is looking at me like he wants to talk. So help me lord if I ever get my hands around that boy’s neck.
He won’t stop staring. It has been a whole half hour, and whenever I look at him he’s staring at me. Even when I turn away, I can still feel his eyes on me. This is so annoying! I wish, for just a second, that something, anything, would happen so I could get out of here. But of course not—ring.
Well, now, there really are bell-ringing gods, aren’t there?
I grabbed my stuff and bolted for the door. But somehow, Blake still beats me to it, even though he was in the farthest seat from the door. Freak.
I look up at him. Why is everyone taller than me? Damn my shortness.
“Can I help you?”
His face lights up.
“She speaks!”
I am unamused. He senses this and continues.
“Anyway, I was wondering, I have these awesome concert tickets,” my ears perk up at ‘concert’, “and since you said you liked We Lie to You, I thought you might want to come with me?”
Whoa, back up. Concert tickets? Concert tickets for We Lie to You? Blake…wants me…to go to a We Lie to You concert…with him?
Is he on drugs?!?
♠ ♠ ♠
Haha, you guys are in for some fun!! I just wrote the funniest chapter. Can't wait to type it up!

--Kaylee