‹ Prequel: Never Coming Home
Status: Updating because it's nearly finished.

All That I've Got

All Around Me



Ten minutes and three arguments later we were all sitting in a booth waiting for our pizza. Lissa was happy bouncing up and down in her seat. What grade was she in, anyways?
The Blake, as if reading my mind, said,
"Jesus, Liss. You are one hyper 7th grader."
"Yeah, and you sure are friendless for a junior."
Lissa paused for a heartbeat, then continues, "I remember in our old town you had lots of friends. There was Jake, Mia, Brian, James, Josey, Seth, Lacey...god, there were so many of them. Hey, what ever happened with you and Lacey anyways? Did you guys ever break--"
"Hey, pizza's ready!" Blake cut in, "Hey Liss, you know you know you want to go get it for us."
Lissa rolled her eyes at him, but went.
Blake sighed and put his head in his hands.
"Hey, Blake?"
"Mmh?"
"Are you alright?"
"Mhm."
"Are you sure about that? You seem...bothered."
He lifted his gaze to meet my own.
Yeah, I'm fine. Little sisters...they get annoying, you know?"
I smiled a little.
"Nope, not really. I'm an only child."
"Well you're lucky then. You're not annoyed 24/7."
"At least you had someone to play with."
"Yeah, someone who is four years younger than me."
"This is true....So...if you don't mind me asking, who was Lissa talking about? Um...was it Lacey?"
A shadow moved behind his eyes, and his features darkened ever so slightly.
"Lacey...was a...friend of mine, back before we moved. I knew her for a long time."
That was cute...but knew? I smiled.
"How long have you two been friends?"
"We were friends since the first day of kindergarten. She walked up to me, introduced herself, and asked me if I wanted to play. That pretty much set the tone for the next...almost ten years."
"Wow, you two must have been inseparable."
"For the longest time we were...but then--"
Lissa back to our table, pizza in hand.
"Who's hungry?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! Second update this week.
Kinda supposed to be doing homework and such, but I thought I needed to update.

I'm kinda thinking of doing Blake's story, the one from before he met Skye. What do you think?
Wait to answer until about chapter...12-ish?
Then check back.

--Kay