Adalia

WELCOME TO OBLIVION

"Mm, I moaned, now feeling long, steady pulses of hot air streaming through my ear.

I tried to ignore it and focus on sleeping. A light throb now started to form towards the right corner of my forehead. And all I wanted, was to sleep. I half consciously decided I couldn't take the steady throbbing my forehead was undergoing, now gaining strength and taking over my entire head. As I attempted to get up with my eyes still closed, I noticed I had some sort of restraint around my waist, preventing me from going any further. My eyes then immediately shot open, despite the weight I felt over both my eyelids. I slowly bent my head down to see what is was that was holding me back. It was an arm, wound tightly around my waist. I didn't even want to turn my head back to see, because I knew all too well exactly who it was, sleeping behind me. I still turned my head to see Ian with his eyes closed, rhythmically breathing. He lay, peacefully sleeping and... shirtless. At that moment, I instantly looked down at my body, checking to see if I had any clothes on. I rubbed my sides and felt the satin fabric of my tube dress. I let out a long sigh and slowly lifted his arm away from my waist. I slid off the bed and sat in the chair next to it, rubbing my head all throughout. I focused on remembering what went on the previous night. At the back of my mind, I knew something defining had happened. Something life-changing. But my throbbing headache wouldn't let me fully remember.

"Awake already?" Ian asked while groggily rubbing his eyes.

I flinched and shot my eyes to look at him.

"What time is it?" He asked as he sat up on the bed.

"I don't know. I haven't checked."

"Hm, let me get my watch. It's 9:53," He yawned.

"Well, there goes my job," I sighed.

"What do you mean?" He asked, now stretching.

"I'm supposed to be at work by 8:30, remember? We've been through this before," I angrily muttered.

"Oh, don't worry. You can call in sick later, or something. Besides, you shouldn't worry so much about that job of yours anymore," He suddenly remarked.

"What do you mean I shouldn't worry about my job? Explain, because I'm not following you."

"Well--"

"Okay better yet, explain to me what the Hell went on last night between you and I. Also, please explain to me why I woke up with the biggest migraine I've ever experienced, laying next to you. Oh yeah, and why are you shirtless?" I shot out.

"A lot of questions you have. I'll be glad to answer them all," He chuckled.

"Okay, then answer them."

"So you really don't remember a single thing that happened last night? Do you really need me to refresh your memory? I mean, it was a long night. There has to be something you remember," He said and stood up.

"Whoa, you're not naked," I let out a sigh of relief.

"Well of course I'm not naked, because nothing happened between you and I; well nothing of the sort, anyway. So tell me, are you sure you don't remember a single thing from last night?"

"Well yeah, there are some things I remember. Most of it, anyway."

"Okay, what do you remember?" He said and folded his arms across his chest.

"Okay... um, we almost got into it and I wanted to leave, but couldn't because you handcuffed me to you. So we ended up fidgeting with the cuffs for the longest time."

"And what else?" He eagerly asked.

"Oh yeah; you flushed the stupid key down the toilet so we stayed stuck to each other like that. Then I drank more of that champagne stuff you gave me and we danced to your band..." I trailed off.

"Hm, you remember most of what went on. Do you remember more?"

"To be honest with you, no, not really. I kind of remember the beach. Oh yeah, you dropped me into the water and nearly killed me, you jerk!" I exclaimed and shoved his shoulder.

"Whoa, calm down. I told you I was sorry countless times. You ended up being okay with it, and then we went back inside the house to spend a proper wedding night--"

"Wedding night? What the Hell are you talking about?"

"Oh, that's the part you don't remember," He sighed as he nervously shuffled his feet around.

"Yeah, exactly; I don't remember anything about a wedding night. What wedding night are you talking about?"

"Okay, don't have a heart attack and attempt to kill me, or anything, okay?" He said, now anxiously pacing around the room.

"Why would I have a heart attack and try to kill you? What is it that I don't remember?!"

"Because last night you were perfectly okay with everything that went on. You agreed to it all with barely any fit," He continued.

"But what is it?!"

"You see, you were completely content last night. You told me you loved me and never wanted to let me go. I merely agreed and--"

"Okay, so did we have sex?"

"What? No, we didn't get to that. I already told you we didn't. You fell asleep before any of that could occur," He sighed as he fidgeted around with his hands, nervously lacing his long fingers together.

"Okay, then stop going around in circles and just tell me what we did!" I yelled, resulting in more steady throbbing against my forehead.

"We got married, okay?! You happy? You got your answer," He shot out and threw his hands in the air.

"What?! Married? When was that?!"

"Last night. Hey, don't get mad; you agreed to it," He accused.

"How come I don't remember anything about us supposedly getting married? Please tell me you're joking. Yeah, this is just one of your little games. That just couldn't be possible," I nervously chuckled.

"What do you mean, it just couldn't be possible? Why wouldn't it be?"

"Because I know I would have never accepted. Not this soon, anyway. That's just crazy," I nodded my head in denial.

"Well, for your information, you did say yes. And you were very excited about the whole thing," He shot back.

"You're lying. There's no way we're married. Stop with the games already. It's not funny anymore. Well, it wasn't funny to begin with. Just come clean."

He stood, incredulously looking at me.

"What?"

"If you don't believe me, I've got papers you signed to prove it. We both signed the papers. If you'd like, I can get them out and show them to you," He said and started shuffling around while bent down.

"Okay, stop it, Ian."

"Here you go, dear wife," He said and handed me a thin stack of sheets.

I shakily read through them, not quite comprehending what was in my hands. The documents seemed real with Ian's signature to one side, and more astonishing; my signature to the other. Sure it was super scribbly, but I could still tell it was mine. There was no doubt of it now; I had gotten married to Ian last night. I stood, staring at the document, reading my writing over and over again, still attempting to doubt the validity of the situation. The signature was indeed, my handwriting.

"See? I wasn't lying. You have no reason to doubt my word anymore, now do you?" He asked, a smile of satisfaction traced across his thin lips.

I dropped the documents and put my hands to my throbbing forehead, backing away as I anxiously nodded my head.

"Whoa, Adalia. Are you alright?" Ian asked, concern in his teal eyes.

"No, I'm not alright! I wake up next to you after a weird ass night; married to you! You set me up, you bastard! Why did you do that?!"

"Okay, hold on. Calm down. You're hungover. You can fall. Be--"

"No! What the Hell were you thinking?! Better yet, what the Hell was I thinking?!" I yelled as I slapped his hands away from me.

"Adalia, really; calm down. You're only making things harder than they should be. Look, let me--"

"Just don't touch me! Get the Hell away! Why'd you do this, Ian? You know what? I'm walking to my apartment. Leave me alone!" I yelled as I dizzily tried to free myself from his steady grip.

"Adalia, just calm the fuck down!" He yelled as he lifted a hand to my face and slapped me.

I fell to the ground and instantly put my hand to the left side of my face, clutching it as I jerked my head towards Ian's direction. I sat on the ground, staring at him in dread. He instantly dropped to his knees and pulled closer to me.

"Shit, what did I do?! Are you alright?" He asked as he anxiously took hold of my face and tilted it to the left.

My hand stayed firmly clutched to my cheek at all times.

"Adalia, move your hand, please."

I sat, bitterly staring at him.

"Adalia, I'm really going to need you to move your hand so I can get a proper look at your cheek," He impatiently sighed.

"For what? So you can hit me again? Why'd you hit me?"

"I pretty much had to do that to you. You simply wouldn't calm down and act like a civilized human being," He said as he forced my hand away from my tingling cheek.

"And you acted like a civilized human being? Hitting me the way you did? That's pretty bestial, if you ask me," I said as I felt a knot form at the base of my throat.

"Okay, I realize I overreacted by hitting you like that. I sincerely apologize for my temper tantrum. Forgive me?" He sighed as he closely monitored my throbbing cheek.

Yes, more throbbing. Would it ever end?

"Well, no. I don't exactly forgive you. You set this whole situation up without my consent. And you knew it, too."

"Knew what?"

"That I wouldn't have ever gone through it soberly. So you planned it all out. Way to go, Ian; you got what you wanted," I muttered and shoved his hand away.

"Yes, I'm willing to admit I did pretty much plan things out to result this way. But I only did it because of one thing," He said and brought his perfect face closer to mine.

"Mm, and what is that?"

"Because I love you. And I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Don't you see?"

He edged even closer and started kissing my still throbbing cheek, making his way to my lips. What I hated most, was how hard he always was to resist. No matter how badly I wanted to avoid him, reject him, hate him right now, I couldn't. I always ended up giving in like an idiot.

"Ian?" I mumbled in between kisses.

"Yeah?"

"Take me home."

He pulled away.

"But, Adalia, we're married. Why do you want to go home?" He asked, confusion in his eyes.

"Um, let's see; how about the fact my clothes are there? Well everything, actually. Plus, I feel dirty. It was a long night, obviously. So please, just take me home. It's already too late to go to work, so might as well forget about that. So yes, take me to my apartment," I sighed.

"Yeah, you've got a point. Sure, I'll take you. But you do realize you're now my wife, right?" He asked while apprehensively scratching the back of his head.

"Look, let's talk about our situation some other time. I really want to go home now, please?"

"Some other time? And when is that supposed to be? Adalia, come on--"

"No, just don't say anything right now. Let's talk later," I said as I tugged his arm.

"But--"

"Some other time, Ian! Now take me, okay?!" I exclaimed and tugged harder.

"Fine, whatever you say. But we're definitely talking about this. You won't be able to avoid the topic like you have avoided other things in the past," He muttered and took hold of my hand, walking me outside.

"Alright, we're here. Now you can go take care of whatever you need to," Ian said as the car came to a stop in front of my apartment building.

"Mhm," I mumbled and opened the car door.

Ian instantly grabbed my arm, not letting me go any further.

"What are you doing? Let me go," I said as I attempted to shrug out of his grasp.

"I just want to let you know I'm very sorry."

"For what?"

"Just for everything that went on last night. I knew you would have never accepted soberly, so I did what I thought would work," He said as he fidgeted with my fingers.

"Ian, why are you telling me this now? You already told me this. Come on, let go."

"Okay, but promise me one thing," He suddenly said.

"What is it?" I hesitantly responded.

"That you won't leave me or avoid me like you have so much in the past. That this won't be the last time I see you," He nervously said, his lips trembling.

"Look, Ian; we can talk about our situation later. Now let me go," I said and snatched my arm away from his hand.

"Fine, I'll come for you tomorrow," He sighed.

I quickly closed the door and paced my way to the front door of my apartment. He drove off; his eyes glued to me the whole time. I then reached inside my bag and searched for my key.

"Shit, I forgot it!"

I realized I was going to be stuck outside until Josie arrived. How was I even going to begin to tell her all that went on last night? More importantly, how was I going to tell her I got married to Ian? Yeah, I had gotten myself into a huge tangle that I would not be able to get out of. But deep down, I pretty much wanted this to happen...

~TO BE CONTINUED. :]]
♠ ♠ ♠
So, what do you think?
Hope you liked it!
I'd greatly appreciate some detailed feedback from ya. :)
Thank you.
♥