Adalia

ARRIVALS & DEPARTURES

"On tour?" When?" I asked as I detached my hand from his.

"Sure, it's going to be a great time," He said, his eyes focused on the road ahead.

"But I asked when?"

"Tomorrow morning we leave," He answered, a smirk forming across his lips.

"Tomorrow? But weren't you supposed to start the tour today? It said so in the letter you wrote me, remember?" I questioned.

"Yes, I did write that detail in the letter. But... we originally had today off anyway. We were technically supposed to leave this morning, but there was a slight change of plans as you may well be aware of."

"Oh, yeah. Because of what you did," I muttered and slumped down against the seat.

"No, because of what we did. It wasn't just me, you know. You took equal part in it, too," He said and ran a red light.

"Shit, Ian! Be careful! Why are you speeding like that?"

"Sorry, I just want to arrive already. I'm eager to show you," He said as he impatiently tapped the steering wheel.

"Good, you're actually waiting for the light to turn green this time. Now anyway, where is it you're taking me?"

"You'll see..."

"Why is everything always such a mystery with you, Ian? You always have to linger around things," I sighed and looked back out the window.

He laced his fingers to mine once again, tighter this time.

"Just be patient, my dear. Apparently, patience isn't one of your virtues," He chuckled as he sped through a yellow, almost red light.

"Doesn't seem to be one of your virtues either, dear husband," I sarcastically chuckled in response.

He turned to look at me and jokingly rolled his eyes.

"Psh, you got me there."

"Mhmmm."

After a few more minutes of impatient speeding and running various lights, we finally came to a stop in front of a two-story house.

"We're in front of a house," I said as I scanned the surrounding area.

"Yes, we are. Hold on," He said and got out of the car, making his way to my side and opened the door.

"Adalia, do you plan on getting out of the car anytime soon; your suitcase is getting heavy," He said as he slid the handle further up his hand.

"Oh, you want me to get out? What for?"

"Just stop being difficult and get out of the car."

I looked at him with obvious reluctance, my brows slightly furrowed.

"Please?" He asked, a crooked grin forming across his thin lips.

"Okay, whatever," I muttered as I got out of the car and stood next to it.

Ian then began to make his way towards the house, my suitcase still in his hand. He momentarily set it down and began fumbling with a set of keys. What the Hell was he doing?

"Adalia, don't just stand there, staring at my every move; come!" Ian called out after opening the front door to a wide crack.

"Oh, Hell," I muttered as I made my way to the entrance of the house.

"Oh, and can you please close the door? All the heat from outside is getting in."

"Oh, okay..." I trailed off as I walked over to the entrance and slowly closed the door shut.

"So, where have you taken me? This is a very nice-looking place," I said as I looked around the house.

"I thought you'd instantly know as soon as we pulled in front of the house," Ian said as he leaned against the mustard yellow wall of the kitchen.

And yes, in the back of my mind, I did have a pretty good idea as to what was going on. But my first approach always ended up being oblivion.

"Are you seriously oblivious as to what exactly this place is?"

"I have some suspicion. But I'd rather have you tell me."

"This, my dear wife, is your new home. Well, our new home, I should say," He said as he folded him arms across his chest and smiled.

"New home? So you mean to tell me this is where I'm going to live from now on?" I asked in disbelief.

"Well, yeah. Where else would we live?"

"I thought you were going to take me away; far away," I said, relief piercing through my tone.

"Oh no, I couldn't do that to you. I know you like it here and have friends and everything. I always think about you, you know," He said as he walked closer to me.

"Yeah, for a minute I thought you were taking me away from my friends and job. Wow, I feel a lot better now," I cheerily said.

"I did tell you you'd still be able to keep in touch and see Josie regularly, didn't I? That goes for all of your friends."

"Oh, Ian, thank you!" I exclaimed and threw myself into his long arms, burying my face into his chest.

"But, I do have something to tell you," He began, his chin firmly pressed at the top of my head.

"What is it?"

"You won't be working at the hotel."

"What? What do you mean?" I asked and jerked my head up.

"Not anymore. I kind of took the liberty of having you quit that job," He shyly said.

"Kind of? What do you mean?! How?!"

"I went over there and informed your supervisor you won't be working there anymore due to personal reasons. It wasn't easy convincing her, you know."

"But why did you do that? You know I'm content working there with my friends. You had no right to do that. I can't believe this--"

"Shhh, don't ruin this moment. I only did it because I want you all to myself."

"That's really selfish, Ian," I said as I shoved his body away from me.

"Okay, that didn't come out properly. I can be real shite at explaining my reasons."

"Well, I'd like a true, valid reason. Because really, you could have at least asked me first before taking attributions that don't belong to you."

He remained silent, a solemn look on his face.

"I'm waiting..."

"Well with you now being my wife, I just really don't see the purpose of you slaving away your existence at a hotel, cleaning horribly dirty rooms with hardly any benefits at all."

"You know, your room was pretty horrendous," I retorted.

"My point exactly. Because I myself put you through that, I thought I could make it up to you," He said and extended a hand to touch my face.

"Well you thought wrong. Terribly wrong. I actually enjoyed working there, despite how disgusting most of the rooms were," I said and turned my face away.

"Look, on the bright side, we embark on our tour tomorrow. That should help lift your spirits a bit, shouldn't it?" He asked, hope in his eyes.

"I wouldn't know. I've never been on tour before," I said and gave him a satiric smile.

"Well I know you'll have a great time. Just please, forgive me for being inconsiderate. I should have asked. Forgive me?" He asked while stroking my hair behind my ear.

"Okay, yeah. I forgive you. Though, I'm still a little upset."

"Oh, Adalia," He said and took my face into his hands, passionately kissing me.

I, of course, responded with great fervor to every one of his kisses because the truth was, I wanted him too badly. I could never be angry with him for more than five, maybe ten minutes at the most. We walked, our lips still attached, to the sofa. I had my eyes shut and somehow instinctively knew where to go. Perhaps it was because Ian was walking backwards and I was following him, leaning on him throughout the whole walk. We walked until we both fell and landed right on top of the sofa. I didn't even take notice of what the sofa looked like, considering my eyes were shut tight all throughout. I pounced on top of Ian as we landed, planting kisses throughout the length of his neck. I then lifted my face up, breathless.

"What is it?" Ian heaved.

"Take that shirt off. Now," I ordered.

Ian instantly flashed a sly grin and slipped his shirt off, throwing it to the ground. I sat, my legs spread to each side of his waist, staring at his bare chest. His pants were low enough to the point where his large abdomen tattoos showed more than half-way. I tentatively pressed my index fingers on each tattoo, outlining the guns as I went further down his lower abdomen.

"Oh, fuck," I suddenly muttered.

"What is it?" Ian asked as he lifted his head up.

"Your damn pants cover the rest of the tattoos. I can't finish tracing them with my fingers," I complained.

"I can always take off the pants," He said as he put one hand over the button of them.

"Or, better yet," He said and jerked me to the side, flipping us over.

He was now the dominant one. He pressed his lips against mine, tangling his tongue to mine. His hands rubbed my sides, making their way to my pants.

"Mm," I mumbled.

I pressed against his chest, causing him to pull away.

"What are we doing?"

"What every married couple does; we're going to have sex," He chuckled.

"Nice way to put it. But really, let me get settled in the house first. I don't really feel comfortable doing this here, out in the living room."

"Oh, I guess you're right. We'll get to it later. You know, we still haven't had a wedding night," He muttered.

"I know. But technically, it was your fault for having me drink that much," I accused as I straightened my clothes.

"Well, must I remind you that you voluntarily drank all that champagne? Plus, you also did ask me for more. You were simply out of control," He said as he slipped his shirt back on.

"Okay, whatever. Stop reminding me of my stupid actions. Just answer me this; when did you buy this house? Or had you already bought it?"

Ian turned his back to me and began to lightly chuckle as he threw his head back.

"What's so funny about what I said? It's a simple question. Just answer it. Turn around," I demanded.

"I had it built," He suddenly said.

"Had it built? When?"

"Since a little before you decided to avoid me for all those weeks. I originally intended to have it serve as a place I could stay if I ever came back here while not touring."

"You planned on coming back here while not touring?" I asked, confused.

"Okay, in case it hasn't become obvious, I can't live without you. Ever since I met you, I pretty much became addicted. I'll admit it, I acted behind your back and yes, I did plan to use this house to reside in, because I planned on sticking around. But then I thought about things more carefully and--"

"And what? You had it all calculated, didn't you? Marrying me the way you did and bringing me here?"

He bit his lower lip and slightly paced around.

"Yes, you could say that."

"Huh, yeah you're out of your mind," I sighed as I rubbed my temples.

"But it all worked out, didn't it? It's not like I forced you to do anything you didn't want to, or anything," He said and knelt down in front of me, taking firm hold of both my hands.

"Yeah, you're right. You didn't force me. I got myself into this all on my own. But you know what? Despite the fact I feel incredibly stupid and ignorant, I'm actually glad all this happened."

"You are?" He eagerly asked as he rubbed my hands.

"Yes. I love you, Ian. I have no doubt about that," I said and gave him a peck on the nose.

"You'll be happy with me, I promise," He said as he put his head down on my lap.

"I know I will. Now, about that tour; what tour is it?" I asked as I stroked his hair back and forth.

"I'm glad you asked. It's the MUSINK tour. It's a type of festival in which many bands perform. There's also a variety of tents and kiosks with merch and stuff. Plus, you can get tattoos done by some of the best artists around. It really is a neat tour."

"Hm, tattoos and everything? Like real ones?" I asked, still stroking his hair.

"Mhmm, real ones. That's where the 'INK' part comes in the tour's name," He chuckled, sending vibrations through my lap.

"So how long is it?" I suddenly asked.

"The tour? Well it's not an actual tour, persay. It's a festival. So only one day. I don't want to drag you on such a long tour, you know. With you never having experienced it before, I though I'd start you out small. Is that alright?" He asked as he lifted his head from my lap.

"Oh, that's perfect. Thanks for thinking about me. Where's the festival going to take place?"

"California; San Diego. Technically, it's a three-day festival with different cities included, but we're only going to do the first date because later we head on our UK tour, and--"

"Wait, another tour? UK?! You didn't tell me about that part!"

"I know, sorry. But it won't be too long," He said and stood up.

"How long?"

"Just about one week. It's a small one, no big deal."

"But it's really far away," I sighed.

"Unless you want to come with me."

"Oh, no. I don't. I don't want to travel that far away just yet."

He put his hand over his eyes.

"Okay, so don't complain about it later."

"I won't," I muttered.

"Alright, we're almost there Adalia!" Ian called out from the front of the bus.

"Oh gosh, good. I'm sick of being in here," I muttered to myself.

Throughout the whole trip to San Diego, I mostly stayed in Ian's bunk. It felt so odd being surrounded by all these men for many hours at once. I guess all it would take would be some getting used to. I felt the bus come to a stop.

"Okay, Adalia. We're here. It's a great day out. Hey, where are you?" Ian called out, his voice nearing in proximity.

"Right here," I said and hopped down from his bunk.

"You've barely showed your face all this time," He said and took hold of my face.

"I've just been tired, that's all," I nervously responded.

"Well, we're at the venue. Would you like to take a look at it while we set up?"

"Oh, okay," I said as I walked hand-in-hand with Ian to the front of the bus.

"Hey, haven't seen you in some hours," Jaime sneered.

"She's been tired, leave her alone, Jaime," Ian warned as he helped me down from the steps of the tour bus to the grassy ground.

"Alright, so do you want to walk around and take a stretch, or stick around and watch us unload?" Ian asked as he looked around the area.

"I think I'd like to walk around first. This place is huge; lots of tents," I remarked.

"Okay, you can go ahead and do that. Just don't go to far or get lost, okay?"

"I won't," I said as I let go of his hand and started to walk away.

"Whoa, wait. I don't get a kiss, or anything?" He called out.

"Oh, sorry," I chuckled and kissed him.

I tried to pull away, but he kept firm hold on my waist and kept kissing me. He turned me around, causing me to lean against the bus.

"Whoa, a little action going on here, is there? Let's try to keep this PG-13 at least, mates," Mike laughed as he carried a guitar case in each hand.

"Oh, shut up, Mike," Ian chuckled in response and let me go, giving me a playful spank.

"So, remember; stay in close proximity. Make sure you remember where the bus is, okay?"

"I remember. I won't go far. It's just a short walk. I'll see you later. Leave the bus unlocked because chances are, I'll be coming back here. See ya in some minutes," I said and gave him one last kiss.

As I walked, I intently looked at every part of the surroundings. It mostly consisted of green-yellow grassy ground and a wide array of tents and stands being set up. All I mostly wanted, was to find a place where I could take a piss. But where? As I kept walking closer to where all the tents were, I saw more and more people come into view. I walked until I came across what looked like a tent for tattoos. I was about to walk close enough to where I could ask where the restrooms were when I noticed.

He was under the tent...
♠ ♠ ♠
So, what do you think?
Favourite part//line?
I'd love to know. Hope it was worth the wait and that you all enjoyed it.
Tell me!
♥