Adalia

GOODBYE TONIGHT

"Get in line? What for?" I asked as I tugged Zack away from the tent.

"To go meet them, of course. Why else?"

"Actually, I already met them. Remember, I was on stage during their set?"

"Oh yeah, you were on stage. But you can always meet them again. I never did get the chance to tell Ian what I thought about the set, which was very good, by the way," He said and detached his arm from my grip.

"Where are you going?"

"I just think now would be the opportunity to tell him," He said and walked closer towards the line.

"No! Come on, that line is clearly way too long and it seems like it's just gonna get longer. Even if you got in, chances are you wouldn't have much time to talk since more people will be waiting behind you," I said as I looked at the tent.

From where we were standing, I noticed Lee was looking toward our direction. His expression was one of apprehension, as if he knew I was doing something wrong. Great, now he would most likely tell Ian later. But when I thought about it more clearly, I really hadn't done anything terribly wrong up to this point. Not like I was cheating on Ian, or anything. All I had done, was give Zack a fake name, not tell Ian anything about my meeting him those times, and not let Zack know I was now married to Ian. So maybe I had let things get slightly far. I'd have to go talk to Lee later, before something defining would happen.

"Yeah, I guess you're right. There are a lot of people. Maybe I'll end up running into him later, anyway."

"Yeah, exactly. So let's just keep walking around," I said as I turned around and walked away from the tent's direction.

"Yeah, Ian's a nice guy," Zack suddenly remarked as we walked.

"Yeah, that tattoo you did on his wrist looks really good," I unconsciously responded.

"What? How do you know I tattooed Ian?" Zack curiously questioned and stopped walking.

"I, uh... overheard them talking about it. He was showing the band the tattoo and since I was in close proximity, I was, um, able to, uh... see it," I stammered, immediately feeling a surge of warmth come over my ears.

"Oh, well I'm glad you saw it. It's his wife's name. You should have heard the way he talked about her."

"Oh, and how'd he talk about her?"

"He was just saying how she's his whole world and stuff. Sort of overprotective, if you ask me."

"Overprotective? Well, I guess it's because he really loves her, you know?"

And it was true; I really had no doubt Ian truly loved me. And now with the fact he got that tattoo, it only made me more convinced of his devotion.

"Yeah, she must be a girl who's really worth it, I guess. But anyway, you wanna head back to my tent and hang around in there? It's unbearably hot out here, isn't it?"

"Yeah, that actually sounds like a good idea," I said as I turned my head back to take a look at the area.

We had already walked a considerable distance from Lostprophets' tent, so the chances of any of them spotting me with Zack were now slim.

"Alright, here it is. Want a beer, or something?" Zack asked as he dug his hand in the cooler.

"No, I'm not accustomed to drinking. I'm fine," I said as I sat on a chair.

"I also have some water, if you prefer that."

"Nah, I'm good for now. That Powerade quenched my thirst, considering it also went all over my chest," I chuckled as I nodded.

"Oh yeah, sorry about that. I kind of scared you there, didn't I?" He said and grinned at me.

"Well yeah, I didn't expect anyone to just pop out like that from behind me."

"Yeah, sorry. I'll be more careful next time," He said and took a long sip from the beer.

Ian then came to my thoughts. I had told him I was planning on joining him and the boys at their signing. But instead, I ended up losing track of my thoughts and spent more time with Zack. At the back of my mind, I knew there must have been something wrong taking place at this very moment. What I had to do right now, was go back to where Ian was. I couldn't keep spending time here, knowing Ian would most likely be worried sick about me, considering the overprotective edge he would always take. By now, their signing must have ended.

"Uh, Zack?" I suddenly started, casually standing up.

"Mm, what is it?" He asked and set the bottle down.

"What time is it?"

He flipped his right wrist closer towards his face and squinted as he looked into his watch.

"It's now 4:47. Why the question?"

"I have to go," I said and began to walk out of the tent.

"Whoa, wait. Where are you going?" Zack asked as he stopped me by the arm.

"Well, it's already getting late and I simply don't want to take away any of your time. I know you have to start tattooing people soon, so it's just better if I leave you to your work," I said and shrugged away from his grip.

"Well I don't have to tattoo people today. There are a bunch of other artists here, so the people can go to them. Plus, my friend, Brian is also here. He can take care of whatever people decide to show up here," He insisted and took hold of my hand.

"No, Zack. I'm serious. I really should get going," I said and continued to make my way out of the tent.

As soon as I was out of the tent, I instantly collided against a hard chest, sending me back inside, but on the ground.

"Oh, shit! Sorry, babe!" A slurred voice called out.

Zack was immediately on the ground next to me, helping me back on my feet.

"Hey, aren't you that chick that ran into me earlier today? Shit, you like running into people, don't you? Or is it just that you like running into me?" He said as he leaned closer to my face, sending a strong smell of alcohol up my nostrils.

"Dude, stop. And wait... so you were the one Brian ran into earlier," Zack said as he dusted dirt off my knees.

"Hey, how many times am I gonna have to tell you she ran into me!" Brian yelled.

"Okay, whatever you say. But I saw it when it happened, and I knew I recognized you, but I wasn't too sure since I saw the back of your head. But I knew you looked familiar."

"Okay, I'm fine. I really do have to go," I said as I stopped Zack's hand.

"But where are you going, Lyla?"

"So that's what your name is, cutie. Why in such a rush?" Brian said as he eyed me from head to toe.

"That's none of your concern," I said as I tried to make my way past him.

"No, wait, cutie," Brian slurred and then turned towards Zack.

"Don't let her leave. Remember how I went to see Bullet?"

"Yeah, I remember," Zack answered and shrugged his shoulders with annoyance.

"Well, I then met up with them and man, do they have booze! No, I'm serious; completely loaded. So I ended up having a few drinks with them and--"

"A few?" I interrupted and rolled my eyes.

"Okay, so I had a few beers with them. Not much. Trust me, I'm only getting started," He said and grabbed my shoulder, gradually putting weight on it until it made me slouch.

"Okay, so what the Hell is your point?" Zack suddenly retorted.

"Oh yeah, sorry. Well my point is, the guys from Bullet invited me to come drink with them," He continued, finally letting go of my now-sore shoulder.

"Didn't you already drink with them?" I asked as I rubbed my shoulder.

"Yeah, but obviously not enough. I already said I'm only getting started, didn't I?"

"Surprised you actually remember you said that," I muttered under breath.

"What was that?" Brian asked.

"Nothing, I'm gonna go ahead and leave."

"No, I'm not finished yet," Brian said and grabbed my arm.

I shrugged away and looked towards Zack. He shot back and apologetic glance and shrugged his shoulders.

"What I've been trying to say, is I'd like you both to join me to go drinking with Bullet," Brian said and tapped my shoulder yet again.

"No, I don't drink. I already told Zack."

"Well you don't have to drink. Instead, you can watch," Brian laughed.

"So, is it now that you're going?" Zack suddenly questioned.

"You mean, we're. And yeah, it's right about now."

"Well, I guess I can join you. Those guys are awesome. Want to go, Lyla?" Zack asked.

"Actually, I don't. From what your friend has been saying, it seems like it would be to out of control for my taste. I've already said like three times that I have to leave," I sighed.

"Come on. Where do you have to go? Aren't you here alone?"

"Well yeah, I am, but--"

"But, nothing. Let's just go and check it out really quickly. We could just drop by, say hi, and leave. Then we can come back here," Zack insisted.

I had already spent a considerably long time away from Ian, so a few more minutes would not have made much of a difference.

"Fine. But just for a little while. You know I have to go soon," I warned.

"Back to Seattle, right?"

"Yes, back to Seattle."

"But I'll get to see you again, won't I?" Zack eagerly asked.

"We'll talk about that later. Now, let's go to wherever your friend is planning on taking us," I said and took hold of Zack's hand as both of us walked behind Brian, who seemed to be struggling more and more to walk a straight line as time passed.

"So she asks me if I'm adventurous and willing to take a dare, right?"

"Yeah, yeah, dude."

"And I of course, say yes, ya know?"

"Mhmm."

"So then, out of nowhere, she takes a fuckin' bottle of Jägermeister and pours it right down my damn pants!" Brian scoffed and threw his head back to chug a 40.

By this time, I knew there would be no avoiding a serious confrontation with Ian. I didn't even know what time it was, but I was definitely sure enough time had passed for him to possibly be out looking for me at this precise moment. The guys had been busy spending time chugging hard liquor and trying to out-do each other with crazy stories, dares, and experiences they'd all been through. All I had been doing, was sit and listen to everything. Oh yeah, they had also shoved a few shots down my throat, so I was now feeling slightly tipsy. All I wanted, was to ask Zack what time it was so I could leave already, but he was caught up drinking and talking and I didn't want to get in the middle of that. I was however, feeling thirsty and now had a building urge to grab a drink. I knew it would burn me, but all I wanted, was to feel liquid down my throat. Just as I was about to extend my arm to grab a drink, I felt my other arm be harshly tugged, dragging my whole body out from under the tent. As I was being tugged, I tripped over my feet and fell to the ground. I was then instantly hardly tugged back up by the arm and continued being dragged away from the tent.

"Ian, stop it. That fuckin' hurts!" I yelled after being dragged for at least three minutes.

"Shut the fuck up," He muttered and kept pulling my arms towards the bus.

"Ian, what the Hell is that matter with you?!" I shot out as soon as we were in front of the bus.

Finally letting go of my arm, he threw his fist against the side of the bus and let out a furious sigh.

"Do you have the slightest remote idea of just how worried sick I have been about you?!"

"Okay, Ian. If it's about my not--"

"No, shut up! Didn't I tell you to be at our signing? It was at 4:00 sharp. You never appeared. And at first, I wasn't so nervous, but then time kept passing by, and you never showed up! After the signing ended, I go out and I look for you. I keep looking for hours; hours, okay?! And when I finally spot you, what do I find? I find you surrounded by all these men. And not just any men. Men I can't fucking stand!" He boomed and punched the bus again.

Could he have been talking about Zack?

"W-what men?" I nervously stammered.

"What do you mean, what men? Fucking Bullet For my Valentine! What the Hell were you doing with them?"

"Look, I just lost track of time and hung out with them for a short time, gosh!"

"For a short time, that's really funny," He scoffed and nodded.

"Besides, I didn't even know you hate them. Cut me some slack!"

"Cut you some slack? Look, the main reason why I even brought you out here, was to be able to spend time with you. But instead, you totally blew me off. And to do what? To hang around those fucking losers!"

"Well, you're the one acting like a fucking loser right now!" I shot back in his face.

"What did you just say to me? There's no way in Hell you're getting away with that!" He yelled and lifted a hand above my face.

Lee suddenly came out of what seemed like nowhere and took firm hold of Ian's arm, preventing it from getting any closer to my face.

"Don't do it, Ian," Lee warned.

Ian then roughly shrugged Lee's hand away from his arm and stormed inside the bus, slamming the door shut. For a second, I thought I went deaf.

"What's going on here? You mind telling me?" Lee sternly asked and lifted my tear-stained face to eye level.

"A fight. Didn't you just h-hear it?" I said and turned my face the other way.

"Is it because of what I saw earlier?"

"What you saw isn't anything bad," I retorted.

"You may not think it's anything bad. And I may even agree with you. But with Ian, it's a whole different story."

"Look, it's not about Zack, okay? He's just a friend. It's that he saw me hanging around the guys from Bullet For my Valentine."

"Oh, bad idea. You know, Ian and Matt just don't get along. Been that way for years."

"Well, how was I supposed to know about that?"

"You see, that's not my point. My point is, that Ian runs on a pretty short fuse. He's got a roughly bad temper. All I'm saying, is be careful of what you say or do around him," He warned and wiped a tear from my cheek.

"But he didn't have to lift his hand over my face like that--"

"Just let it go. And take my advice; be careful, okay?"

"Okay, I'll take you word for it. And thank you, Lee. Thanks for standing up for me."

"Would have done for anyone, mate," He reassured with a smile.

"You're great," I said and kissed him on the cheek.

My spirits were immediately lowered, however, as soon as I entered the bus. Ian was nowhere to be found and that really worried me. I slowly walked all the way to the back of the bus and crawled inside the bunk I had claimed.

I had been lying inside the bunk for close to an hour, not being able to close my eyes for even a single second. I felt much too worried about my situation with Ian to be able to sleep. I hadn't heard from him since our fight, and it was starting to scare me. Suddenly, the curtain to my bunk began fluttering. It was then slowly slid open, revealing Ian's face in the dark.

"Ian, I hope you're not still--"

"No, I"m not angry, if that's what you're wondering," He said and slid inside the bunk, closing the curtain.

"What are you doing, Ian?" I asked as I felt him kiss me up and down my neck.

"Come on, Ian; where are you going with this?" I asked before he answered my question by putting his mouth over mine.

I found myself getting caught up in the euphoria yet again; even when things weren't alright...
♠ ♠ ♠
So? What did ya think?
I hope you liked it.
Have many ideas, as I always say, so just stick around.
Please tell me your favourite part//line?
Please?
Thanxxx.