My Heart Is The Worst Kind of Weapon

One.

“But mum! I don’t wanna go! It won’t be any different than America!” I argued.

“Kari, you have to go. You can always start fresh here,” My mom retorted.

My dad’s company just relocated him to Germany, because simply, the American economy sucks. So here I am, starting over. Once again. This is my second time moving, and it was just as hard as the first time. My friends all taking random pictures to remember each other by. A tearful goodbye group hug. The plane ride over here was even harder. I miss my friends so much.

“I don’t wanna go, mum. I will be another outcast,” I whined.

“Kari! You’re going. You’re bubbly. You’ll make friends in no time. Just go out to the bus before you’re late.”

I grabbed my Perez Hilton sweatshirt and my checkerboard Hello Kitty backpack and walked out the door as slow as possible. I don’t really care if I miss the fucking bus. It’s all the same everywhere. Kids like me are the outcasts.

I walked onto the bus and I already felt the dirty stares. I can never be myself, can I?

“Hey! You’re the new girl, right?” A girl with long, dark brown hair said.

“Ja. Ich bin Kari,” I said to the girl.

“Kristine. I’ve been taking English courses since fifth grade, so, you can speak that around me,” She said.

“That’s good. Considering my German isn’t so great,” I giggled a bit.

“Well it’s nice to see someone else around here as a bit of individuality.” Kristine said, pointing out my outfit, “Everyone here is basically a slut.”

“Oh, goodie. Another school, another year of being an outcast.” I sighed.

“So what’s America like? I mean, my friends have been there, but I never have,” Kristine asked.

“Pretty blah. I mean, where I lived wasn’t all that exciting. Just a bunch of druggies and whores. Where I was from, there wasn’t much around to do anyway.”

“Ah. Well hopefully you like Germany better. My friends are pretty awesome,” Kristine explained.

“Well I’m glad I finally met someone. What’s your first class?” I asked.

“Math with Schwartz. You?”

“Same.”

“Oh. My friends are in that class too,” Kristine said. The bus pulled up in front of the school. “Come on. I’ll show you around,” She added, directing me towards the school. It was huge. The library looked like something from the future. The school was too small for all the students, so there were trailers in the back.

“Come in. You should meet my friends. We have 15 minutes before class starts anyway,” Kristine told me, opening the door. “Hey guys. This is Kari. She just moved here from America.”

“Well hell-oh!” A guy with dreads said. He eyed me up and down.

“Shut up, Tom. What would you’re girlfriend say!?” a boy with black hair said, smacking this Tom kid upside the head. “Hallo. I’m Bill, Kristine’s boyfriend.” The boy smiled sweetly, extending his hand to shake mine. I shook hands with Bill and turned to Kristine, nervously.

“OH! This is Georg and Gustav!” Kristine introduced me to two boys. Georg had long brown hair and green eyes. His muscles made him look a bit too tough, in a way. Gustav was small. He had short blond hair and gorgeous brown eyes. “Oh, and that’s Hannah, Georg’s girlfriend.” She said, pointing to a tall, thin girl with short black hair and a purple fringe.

“Hi Kari,” Georg smiled.

“Hi,” Gustav smiled shyly, barely picking his head up from the desk.

“OHAI WASSUP!” Hannah jumped.

“Hannah is a bit hyper,” Kristine added.

“That’s good, because now I know we’ll be great friends!” I laughed.

Gustav sat there quietly while the friends started talking.

“So, you are all like, together, or something?” I asked, confused.

“Well, it’s me and Bill,” Kristine explained, “Then Tom is dating Amy. She’s in Science right now. Then it’s Georg and Hannah. That’s pretty much all there is to it.”

“What about Gustav?” I asked, trying not to sound suspicious. I have to admit, he is really cute.

“He isn’t the most bubbly out of all of us,” Hannah murmured.

“Ah,” I said, taking my fringe and clipping it back with my Jessica Louise bow. I got to say, I kind of feel bad for him. I know what it’s like when it seems all of your friends are happy, dating.

“Oh, guys. Amy is having a party on Saturday night. You coming or what?” Tom asked

“I’m sure up for it. How ‘bout you, Kari?” Kristine asked.

“I don’t know. I think I should be helping moving in and stuff…” I said, uneasy.

“Don’t worry ‘bout it. We can all crash at my place afterward,” Kristine offered,

“I guess I can go,” I sighed.

“Tom, keep it PG-13 this time, please!” Hannah begged.

“Yeah, I doubt Bill wants to see you and Amy –“ Georg stopped himself.

“I don’t even want to know.” I face-palmed.

Gustav smiled a bit, his cheeks started blushing.

“Jetzt Schweig!” Tom yelled.

Mr. Schwartz walked in just in time to start the lesson and end that awkward conversation.

-Gustav-

Kristine brought in a new girl today. This was just like when Amy moved in. Of course, Tom went all over her. At least now he can’t take another pretty girl from me. Kari smiled at me a few times. I started feeling my face get all hot. Oh, God, I just hope I didn’t embarrass myself! I can’t make it obvious, not again.

“Oh guys. Amy is having a party on Saturday night. You coming or what?” Tom asked.

Tom and Amy’s parties are pretty much infamous. Every Saturday, we all get together at Amy’s. Usually we swap playlists and shit so that way we aren’t listening to Samy Deluxe or Nena twenty-four-seven.

“I’m sure up for it. How ‘bout you, Kari?” Kristine asked

“I don’t know. I think I should be helping moving in and stuff..” Kari said shyly.

“Don’t worry ‘bout it. We can all crash at my place afterward.” Kristine offered. Usually after the party, we have a sleepover at Kris’s. Her sister, Heidi, has to stay downstairs with us, considering their parents don’t trust us.

“I guess I can go,” Kari accepted. Yes!

“Tom, keep it PG-13 this time, please!” Hannah begged.

“Yeah, I doubt Bill wants to see you and Amy–“ Georg stopped himself.

“I don’t even want to know.” Kari face-palmed. I looked up and I smiled a bit. Oh shit, I felt my face get all hot again. No, no, no! This can’t happen. Kris smirked and let out a small giggle. Mr. Schwartz walked in and began class.

Saved by the bell.
♠ ♠ ♠
This story is something that just popped into my head.
Pretty sure I wanna continue.
Comments?