Vicious Romantic

Ten

I let my fingers dance across the keys of the piano in one of the many unused rooms in the enormous house. I hoped that by avoiding the piano in the room that Tucker was always in that he would leave me to play in peace.

“Wrong note.” He mumbled from his spot on the floor, not looking up from the thick book he was reading. I ignored his comment and continued to play, though biting anger was consuming me. Why? Why can’t he leave me to play in quiet? I don’t point out his every flaw when he plays, though he plays flawlessly. Not my point though, I wouldn’t point out his every flaw if he had any.

Shaking the thoughts out of my head I played my favorite part of the piece, which was followed by a part which I hadn’t mastered yet. I hit the wrong key and Tucker let me know.

“Wrong.” he muttered. I let out a loud and annoyed sigh and slammed my balled up fists against the keys. It created the most awful sound imaginable. Tucker looked up from his book and blinked at me. “Wrong.” he repeated with annoying smirk. That was his thing now. He didn’t stare me down anymore. He annoyed me.

“Ugh!” I threw my hands in the air and stormed out of the room. “Stupid, annoying, mean, bitchy, moody, stick up his ass vampire.” I mumbled to myself staring angrily at my bare feet as I made my way through the hall. Not a good move, I walked into the equivalent of a brick wall and stumbled backwards.

“Bailey!” Liam clapped his hands together happily. “I was just coming to look for you. We need to have a chat in library.”

“Okay.” I said shrugging and I followed behind him. They had library? That’s news to me. Liam pushed two thick wooden doors open like they were weightless. I continued to trail after him as I loved around the enormous dome shaped room.

“Sit.” Tucker said and pushed me down onto a comfortable couch. I traced my fingers over the deep red and gold designs nervously. Liam and Tucker sat on an identical couch a few feet away. The only thing between us was a coffee table that had large books spread across it. Where was Clara?

“Liam, do we really have to do this so soon?” The voice that could only belong to Clara whined.

“Yes!” Tucker growled at his sister. Liam and Clara both shot him quick looks of annoyance.

“Why?” Clara asked looking only at Liam.

“Because I want her out of this house as soon as possible.” Tucker said before Liam had a chance to speak. That’s when a conversation that couldn’t be heard by me began.

Clara’s lips moved so fast it looked almost like she wasn’t talking at all. Whatever she said was directed at Tucker. He said something to her and crossed his arms over his chest and sat idle while Liam and Clara exchanged silent words. With one look back at me, Clara sighed and said her final words to Liam. She then leaned on the back of the couch behind Tucker.

“Obviously we brought you here for a reason.” Liam spoke to me.

“For bait, right?” I asked having heard enough about it from conversations.

“Right.” Liam nodded his head. “And soon it’s going to be time to put our plan into action and you being a major part of this plan need to know what’s going to happen.” I nodded my head and prepared to listen to Liam’s explanation.

“What’s going to happen is the following. You’re going to talk to this guy.” Tucker shoved a picture of a guy with messy brown hair and slight stubble at me. His blue eyes looked tired and had dark circles under them. Yet he was oddly attractive.

“That’s Jeffery, hot isn’t he?” Clara asked smirking. Liam looked at her with a dumbfounded expression and Tucker shook his head rolled his eyes.

“Moving on.” Tucker said pretending Clara hadn’t spoken. “You’re going to get on his good side. Meaning your goal is to get him to be your boyfriend. No matter what it takes.” Tucker sighed sounding bored with the whole thing.

“We need you to get into his house.” Liam continued with more enthusiasm than Tucker had. “Once you’re inside you need to get away from Jeffery, your job then will be to find the main box of the security system and cut some wires. Ian will be in contact with you the entire time, so you really won’t have to know what to do.” Liam grinned at me. “It’ll be easy!”

“But why?” I let my curiosity get the best of me.

“That doesn’t concern you!” Tucker barked at me. Touchy, touchy.

“I think she should at least know the rest of the plan.” Clara tried to help me out, while pretending to punch Tucker in the head.

“No!” Tucker growled. “All she needs to know is how to be a whore and how to use a pair of wire cutters. Nothing more.” I bit my tongue from lashing out at him. I figured that wouldn’t be the best idea since Tucker’s anger isn’t something I’d like to test.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, I'm sorry it took so long to get this chapter out.
I had to sort out a bunch of thoughts in order to write it.
But there it is! I hope you enjoyed it.

COMMENT LOTS AND I WILL UPDATE LOTS!
That is a promise. =D