Vicious Romantic

Eighteen

“Wrong.” Tucker yelled from the living room as I tried to play the piano but kept getting rudely interrupted. For no reason! I had played the piece perfectly! Finally!

“Oh. My. God!” I screamed in absolute annoyance. I knocked over the bench I was sitting on and marched to the living room in outrage. “I cannot stand you!” I fought the urge to smack Tucker across the back of the head, his back was toward me as he sat and watched the news.

“Very few can.” he grinned cheesily at me then turned back to the television. I let out a strangled cry and pulled at my hair. “You look as awful as you play when you do that.” Tucker added, it was extremely difficult not to hit him at that point. My hands were balled into fists at my side and bit my lip to stop myself from staying anything. “Oh come on, Bails. Hit me.” Tucker laughed arrogantly not knowing how pissed off I actually was. For once I actually listened to Tucker’s demands. I reeled my right arm back and collided my fist to the back of his head.

He went from sitting with his back toward me to towering in front of be in a second. I squeaked nervously backed away from him. “Uh.” was the only thing I managed to say.

“Hah. Nice try.” he laughed. “I barely even felt that. You are the weakest person I have ever met.” Bitch, please. My dad taught me how to fight before he died. I knew how to hurt someone. I had muscles. If he wasn’t a vampire he would have been withering on the floor in pain. However I became pissed off again and lunged at him full force and collided my fist against his jawbone. He laughed as I continued to try my best to inflict some sort of pain on him. I failed, I had beaten my fists against Tucker’s chest for ten minutes before I got tired out, it was like beating a brick wall. Plus the slowly recovering bruises on my wrists didn’t appreciate his brick wall structure. I raised my arm feebly and hit against his chest in one last sad attempt in kicking his ass. Tucker let himself fall on his back onto the ground and brought me down with him to land on top of him.

“You suck.” I growled tiredly.

“Feels good to get your anger out though, doesn’t it?” Tucker asked with a small smile. I lost my breath for a moment but quickly recovered.

“No, it feels good to beat the hell out of you...even if you can’t feel it. You deserve to get your ass kicked by someone who can actually cause you pain!” I crawled off Tucker and sat indian style a few feet beside him.

“That’s probably true.” Tucker surprisingly agreed with me as he sat up. His green eyes studied my face and it made me uncomfortable. I dropped my head to look at the dark purple marks around my wrists. Shooting pains surged through my wrists. “I didn’t mean to do that.” Tucker’s voice was close to a whisper. I picked my head up to see his eyes locked on my wrists. “I’m sorry...it must be painful.” he mumbled.

“Yeah, it hurts pretty bad.” I spoke softly to match Tucker’s tone. It was weird that I went from punching him to speaking to him like he’s a civilized being in only minutes. I kept my eyes on my purple socks as I let my fingers twist around each other out of nervous habit. You’d be nervous too if someone as beautiful as Tucker was sitting close and speaking to you in whispers.

Tucker’s pale hands reached out toward my arms. His ice cold fingers wrapped around my wrists gently and slid over the purple marks causing a wave of relief to spread through my arms. Tucker continued to glide his fingers over the purple skin, I involuntarily closed my eyes and sighed in relief.

I opened my eyes to find that gravity had moved Tucker closer to me and was causing his face to inch closer to mine. Tucker’s eyes weren’t clouded with bloodlust like that night he bite me, they were calm and bright. I felt my heart rate sky rocket when a small gap formed between my lips and his. I hated Tucker but I wanted to kiss him. I let gravity take hold of me and slowly move my lips closer to his. The smallest forward movement would have made our lips touch but Tucker jumped away from and returned to the couch. He continued to watch the news as it returned from a commercial break. I sat on the floor in shock at what had just taken place. I was merely Tucker’s entertainment during commercial.

It was stupid. I was stupid. How could I believe someone like Tucker would kiss me? No one in their right mind would kiss me! Why would a gorgeous creature like Tucker want to? I was stupid for wanting him to kiss me. I was stupid for thinking he wanted to kiss me. The whole situation was incredibly stupid. Tucker and I both acted like it never happened.

“Get any calls yet?” Clara asked with a smirk when she wondered into the kitchen the next morning and found me eating apple blueberry granola and watching the morning news in my pajamas.

“Nope.” I stated. I hoped Jeff would have called by now. Clara assured me he would call soon. I hoped she was right. I needed a distraction from my thoughts of Tucker and the odd looks he kept sending me.

“Morning.” Tucker grumbled looking like he just rolled out of bed. Yes, these vampires do sleep. They’re like normal human beings. The only exceptions being their diet of human blood, unnatural speed and strength, amazing hearing, great sense of smells, astonishing good looks, icy cold and pale skin, and the obvious fangs.

“Morning, Tuck.” Clara said brightly as she descended into the basement where they stored blood. I shoved a spoonful of granola into my mouth and chewed angrily. The fact that Tucker was sitting next to me and my mother was displayed on the televison screen crying and telling lies was really getting to me. I could actually feels Tucker’s eyes on me as I walked to the sink to leave my now empty bowl.

“What?” I snapped at him when I turned sharply and caught his eyes on me.

“Nothing.” Tucker mumbled moodily and shook his head while looking at his hands.
♠ ♠ ♠
It snowed. =/
I haven't been able to drive yet.
I'm kind of annoyed by that.

COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!
'cause it helps spread peace.
=D