Vicious Romantic

Twenty-Two

Clara and Bailey chatted while they got their nails done. Tonight was the night of the ball, Clara insisted that she and Bailey couldn’t possibly get ready in the same house as the guys. Even if they house was big enough. Secretly Clara just wanted Tucker to be amazed at the sight of Bailey.

Clara and Bailey were out all day, they got massages, got manicures, got pedicures, got their hair done, and got their make up done. Bailey would have died if she knew how much money Clara had spent. Still refusing to go home and risk one of the guys seeing them Clara drove to a location unknown to Bailey.

“Who’s house is this?” Bailey asked looking at the normal sized home that was tucked into a large thatch of trees.

“Tucker’s. But if Jeff ever wants to see your house, this is it.” Clara told Bailey as they stepped out of Clara’s car. Clara’s heels clicked up the sidewalk and her car beeped, announcing that it was locked.

“Oh.” Bailey said for lack of words. As soon as Bailey entered through the front door she was hit with Tucker’s scent, a masculine blend of musk, sage, and mahogany. The scent let Bailey know that Tucker spends a lot of time there.

“Wanna see your dress?” Clara asked Bailey with a smirk.

“Yes!” Bailey yelled excitedly. Clara led the way to Tucker’s bedroom where she had Bailey’s dress laid on his bed. The deep crimson color of the dress was very out of place in the calming tan colored room.

“Do you like it?” Clara asked biting her lip. Bailey was a bit conservative and the dress...wasn’t.

“I love it!” Bailey beamed. The color was perfect, the design was amazing. The dress was backless which Bailey wasn’t fond of but she could deal with it.

“Where’s Bailey?” Jeff asked adjusting his tie. He was nervous just being in a room with Ian and Tucker. It was mainly because Jeff had seen the damage Tucker had done to people. Who could feel at ease with a guy who makes bombs as a living? Jeff assured himself that he’d be fine if he didn’t piss Ian or Tucker off.

“Oh, she and Clara are at Tu-her house!” Ian quickly covered his slip up with a cheesy grin. Ian then sat casually next to Tucker who was staring blankly at an electrical socket.

“I thought Bailey lived here.” Jeff furrowed his brow in confusion.

“No, no, no! Bailey is staying here for a while, Tucker’s been working on the pluming over at her house. It’s in pretty bad shape. Tuck’s a good plumber.” Ian said checking the time. It wasn’t a complete lie, Tucker was a decent plumber.

“Oh.” Jeff said not daring to ask anymore questions, he knew better. The last person who asked a question that Tucker didn’t like didn’t live to hear the answer.

“Alright!” Liam clapped his hands together arriving in the room in his tuxedo. “Let’s go.” The four filed outside. Tucker didn’t have a date to the Ball so he chose to drive his own car, no matter how many times Clara told him it wasn’t classy. When has he ever been classy? Liam called a car for himself, taking his sister advice. Ian got in one limousine and Jeff got in the other, both limousines headed to Tucker’s house.

“Have fun.” Clara said quietly to Bailey as Ian led her to their car. Bailey laughed nervously and let Jeff lead her to the car. Why was she nervous? It’s Jeff, there’s no need to be nervous. Once Bailey and Jeff struck up conversation neither were nervous anymore.

Tucker sat unblinkingly in a gold chair, the plush blood red cushions only reminded him that he hadn’t ‘eaten’ in a few days. The burn in the back of his throat didn’t really bother him when he was busy thinking about other things. There was blood available but he wasn’t all that interesting in what was being offered. It smelled like it’s been sitting around for a while, which never tasted any good.

Tucker tried to remember the last time he had fun at one of these balls. The only time he could remember having fun was the year Ian had gotten drunk and kissed the chancellor’s wife. A faint smile stretched across his lips.

“Hello, Tucker.” Annette giggled taking a seat next to Tucker. Annette was, let’s face it, a whore. Annette’s platinum blonde hair resembled Marilyn Monroe’s and she wore a long black dress.

“Hello, Annette.” Tucker grumbled. Annette has been trying to get at Tucker for years.

“I really wish that” Tucker stopped listen to Annette’s irritating voice when the sound of Bailey’s laughter caught his attention. Through the two grand door walked Bailey accompanied by Jeff. Vampires turned to look in awe, Jeff had never brought a date before and here he was with some stranger.

Tucker’s stomach did a dance recital upon seeing Bailey. Bailey’s long hair was pulled up into a curly arrangement, her skin looked like it was glowing, the crimson material of her dress made the dull burn in Tucker’s throat feel like a fire ignited inside his throat, and when she turned to give her coat to the doorman her bare back made Tucker’s eyes flare with desire.

“Tucker! Are you listening?” Annette asked.

“No. Go away.” Tucker waved her off as he watched Bailey’s every move.

Jeff led Bailey to the dance floor, she was thankful for taking ballroom dancing in high school. She wouldn’t embarrass herself in front of the these people she didn’t know. Tucker watched Jeff’s hand clasp around Bailey’s and his other hand rest on the bare skin of her back. Tucker wanted nothing more than to break Jeff’s arms off, which could easily do.

Tucker hesitated a moment before getting up from his seat. Tucker passed by Ian and Clara who were dancing closely. It made he nauseous. He then passed Liam dancing with Annette’s sister as they spoke animatedly over a car. Tucker smiled a confident smile as he tapped Jeff on the shoulder.

“May a cut in?” Tucker asked politely, restraining himself from ripping Jeff’s face off.

“Sure.” Jeff answered, although he didn’t want to let Tucker dance with Bailey. How could he say no and go home with all of his limbs? He couldn’t. Tucker waited for Jeff to walk away before taking dance position with Bailey.

“That was rude.” Bailey snapped, her body shivered from having Tucker’s cold hand resting on her lower back. It felt like someone stuck a chunk of ice against her back.

“Is that anyway to talk to someone who has given you his house and bought you a car?” Tucker asked letting his lips form into a smile upon feeling the heat from Bailey’s body.

“Okay first of all...wait. You bought me a car?” Bailey asked totally confused. Tucker just smiled as the answer. “I hate you all. When are you going to stop buying me stuff that I don’t need?”

Tucker pretended to think for a few seconds. “Rough estimate, never.” Bailey sighed and continued to dance with Tucker, she had to admit that Tucker was a wonderful dancer. The band started to play a slower song and Tucker took that as his chance to move closer to Bailey. Bailey was unsure of being that close to Tucker but allowed herself rest her head on his chest. The sugary sweet smell of Bailey’s blood was too much to handle, Tucker roughly shoved Bailey away from him instantly.

Bailey stumbled backwards and landed in the middle of the dance floor on her butt. People stopped to stare at her as she sat there and blinked at Tucker’s retreating figure as he bolted out the door. Anger over powered the embarrassment that Bailey felt. What did she do to deserve that? Nothing. Bailey picked herself up off the floor and hurried back to Jeff.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hopefully you like this chapter, I don't.
I think this chapter smells like a gargage can on a hot day.

Comments? =]