Vicious Romantic

Twenty-Nine

Much to Tucker’s dismay, Ian and Liam insisted that they had to wait one more night. Of course all the specific details of the change were spoken too fast from me to hear. I hate when they do that! However, I wasn’t too happy about the holding pattern myself. That gave me time to talk to Tucker, which I was afraid to do. How could I go about explaining my mistakes to him? When I did explain them would he even care? Would he still want me, or was he over that stage of his existence? He had the blonde now. That would surely be more convenient for him. She was obviously a vampire. Tall, pale, pretty, unbreakable...not food.

Ian had forced me into the basement. Ian sat at his little work station assembling some sort of weapon. I was throughly disinteresting in. I curled myself into a ball at the end on the couch and stared disinterestedly at the News. Tucker sat at the other edge of the couch, on the edge of his seat. His body was rigid, and ready to jump at the smallest sound.

“Tonight a candle light walk is being held at the former high school of Bailey Elizabeth Scott, a seventeen year old music student who went missing over three months ago. Family members and friends have gathered here tonight to pray for her return.” the news woman said. I watched a clip of tiny specks of light walking around the track of my old high school.

Tears threatened to spill from my eyes when I saw the familiar face. His messy brown hair and his pale skin were exactly how I remember. Instead of the normal happiness in his eyes, there were tears. “We just want her to come home. We all miss her.” I choked back tears as I started at him talking to the news anchor.

“Who’s that? Your boyfriend?” Tucker asked through clenched teeth.

“My brother.” I squeaked letting the tears fall freely. How could I have not thought of my brother through this whole mess. I hid my face in the cushion of the couch and let the tears shake my body.

“Uh...Ian?” Tucker called his friend unsurely.

“What?” Ian asked nervously. “Oh, um...LIAM!” Ian yelled upon seeing me hunched over and crying.

“What?” Liam’s voice chimed in sounding panicky. “What’d you do, dumbass?” Liam demanded.

“Nothing!” Tucker defended himself.

“Ian, go work.” Liam demanded while scooping me into his arms. “Shh, it’s okay.” Liam said quietly, little did he know that was make things worse.

“No it won’t!” I screamed as loud as I possibly could, Liam froze in shock and I wiggled out of his grasp and ran. I ran by Ian and by the freezers until I was upstairs. I was halfway through the kitchen when of them caught me by the waist and pulled me back into them. I gave up and threw myself onto the floor and screamed like a toddler who had their favorite toy taken away.

“Bailey, stop it.” Tucker said sternly. I brought the heel of my foot down forcefully against the kitchen wall, causing a small hole.

“I want to go home!” I screamed and threw myself against the wall.

“Bailey! Stop!” Tucker held my face still between his hands. I closed my eyes tightly so I wouldn’t have to look at him. “Calm down.”

I took deep breaths, keeping my eyes closed the entire time. “I want to go home.” I repeated.

“I know. I’ll take you home, tomorrow night. I promise.” I opened my eyes and met Tucker’s. There was nothing a honesty in his eyes. I sat still for two reasons. One, I was completely taken aback by his promise. Two, I was waiting for him to kiss me. I could feel his cold breath against my lips. Tucker walked away, without a word. He walked back into the basement, leaving to sit on the kitchen floor un-kissed.

I ruined it. I ruined any chance of Tucker ever wanting me. Figures. I can’t do anything right. I walked slowly to my room, waiting for Tucker to sneak up behind and pull into his lips. That never happened. I laid in bed and stared up at the ceiling, if he didn’t have feelings for me why would he be on the rampage he’s currently on. That had to mean something. Oh yes, I remember. That he thought of me as a possession, not a person.

I fell asleep uneasily and had an unpleasant dream. It was good at first, I was walking down the dirty New York City street toward my apartment. I was almost there, I was excited because Matthew was waiting for me inside. I was also happy to see my brother. I passed the Chinese grocery store, I only had to cross the alley and I would be at mu building.

Out of the darkness of the alley, Tucker jumped at me. His face was twisted that of a monster, rather than his normal face that belonged to an angel. I would start to scream and cry for help but the streets were completely empty. Tucker would lower his face to my neck, I would cry for help again desperately. Instead of biting me, he would plant a small kiss on neck and then vanish. I had the dream reoccurring all through the night.

“Bailey!” Someone shook me away. “Come on, wake!” I blinked and Clara’s figure became clear.

“No.” I whined.

“Bailey, we have to go.” Liam’s voice entered my ears. I bolted up and looked at the clock. How the hell did I sleep for such a long amount of time.

“Here.” Tucker grumbled and threw my phone at me. “Call Jeff and tell him you’re coming over.”

I listened to the slow ringing while all four of the vampires stood around me. “Hello,” Jeff answered obviously drunk.

“Hey, I’m coming over.” I said into the phone and hung up before he could answer. Everyone exited the room, but Tucker hung around.

“Going home?” he questioned leaning against a wall, not looking at me.

“Yep.” I nodded even though he wasn’t looking at me. Tucker sucked in a gust of air and left me alone in my room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Almost over. Tear, Tear.
Umm, sort of short. Sorry, But I'm going to try to finish this tonight.
Because I want to finsih my other stories, that way I can start new ones!

Comments please!
=D