Vicious Romantic

Eight

The backseat was cramped on the way home. There where three people and a vampire sitting in the small space. Tucker had found a girl who made Ian’s specifications almost exactly. She sat bored between Tucker and I. Tucker was making out ferociously with a brunette, who laughed like a hyena. It seemed I was the only one in the car who was disturbed by the shameless show of affection.

Ian was waiting patiently in the kitchen when we arrived home. I scurried quickly to my room to avoid another nauseating display of lust. I hoped to escape the two vampires and their “snacks”, I took off all my make up, changed out of the horrible outfit, brushed my hair and teeth, then finally climbed into bed.

Sleep was just about to consume me when a loud crash cause me to jump in fright. What the hell, we’re getting robbed! Laughter similar to that of hyena sounded from across the hall. Seriously? People are trying to sleep here! I closed my eyes tightly and pulled the heavy blankets over my head trying to drown out the sound.

“Tucker!” the brunette squealed and the sound of CD cases falling filled my ears. Really guys? Really? I growled and stuck my head under a pillow. Bad idea, no air. I pulled the pillow off my face and tried focusing on my breathing. It always made me calm and could often put me to sleep. Breath in, one, two. Breath out, three, four, five. A loud snarled broke through my concentration. I give up.

I woke up when bright morning light came streaming through the large window beside my bed. I rubbed my eyes and looked around for the clock. The red digital numbers told me it was just past noon. I didn’t like to sleep that late but considering what time I went to sleep at it was early.

I stumbled out of the room and found myself downstairs in the kitchen. Liam, Clara, Ian, and Tucker were interspersed throughout the kitchen.

“Nice hair.” Ian said with a smile.

“Shut the fuck up.” I mumbled, I’m not a morning person.

“Whoa!” Ian he shouted holding his hands up in surrender.

“Sleep well?”Liam asked sipping something from a black mug. I didn’t car to ask what.

“Not quite.” I growled pulling open the door of the refrigerator which Clara stocked with food for me. “Tucker and his bitch were too loud.” I took and apple out of the fruit drawer and took a bite as I leaned against the island in the center of the kitchen. Tucker sent me a odd look, not his normal ‘I’m going to kill you’ look, it was more of a ‘I don’t really care’ look. Odd.

“I like you in the morning!” Ian was at my side almost instantly. “You’re feisty.” he purred close to my ear as he pressed his chest against my back and snaked his arms around my waist.

“Sorry.” Tucker muttered keeping his eyes on the liquid inside his own black mug. Clara and Liam stopped their conversation and Ian stopped swaying from side to side with me. “For being too loud.” he finished.

“S’okay.” I said just as shocked as everyone else seemed to be. Tucker finished whatever was in the mug and trudged to the garage without a single glance at anyone. We all stayed silent until the sound of his car’s engine faded. Clara was looking at Liam with he mouth ajar slightly. “I’m going to go take a shower.” I pushed myself out of Ian’s grasp.

Saying sorry must have been a big deal for Tucker. Everyone was in utter shock. Tucker said sorry...to me. Bailey, the female human he hates. Odd. Very, very, odd.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's a shorter chapter but I liked it.
Comments will get you another chapter today.
Bribery is nice, huh?
=D