We Signed Our Life Away

011

Life couldn’t get much better. Oli was now officially my boyfriend, my father was working 24/7 while my mother was taking Josie away for a three-day holiday and Sean was crashing at Mal’s until she got back meaning I could spend countless hours with Oli. But an added bonus was when I checked the mail and found a postcard from America.

A grin on my face, I ran inside and read it instantly.

Hey Parker!

Finally got the chance to write a messy postcard for you, as promised. Everything here is big and loud but it’s cool. There’s tonnes more people though which is a tad scary but I’m dealing. Just.

I miss you heaps! It’s not the same without you around. It’s like, I saw this awesome shirt and I turned around to tell you about it but you weren’t there. I may be going insane... But the shopping here is is fun. Everything is tree times the size and half the price. I’ve spent most of my money on clothes.

Oh man, I wish I could tell you everything but I’d rather tell you at home when I have an hour to spare and a tube of cookie dough. Chocolate chip, of course.

Say hi to the amazing Mr Magnificent for me,

Dan.

After reading it multiple times I held it close to my heart, literally. Smiling, I ran upstairs and pinned the postcard in the middle of my over-flowing cork board. I stood and admired Dan’s messy scrawl for a while, letting the memories flow back to me.

I was suddenly bought back to reality with a shrill ring coming from my cell phone. Grimacing, I shuffled over to my bedside table and picked up my phone. The tiny screen said I had a text message from Oli so I instantly checked it, knowing it would be something important seeing as Oli only ever texted me in an emergency.

You busy tonight?, it read.

A smile reached my lips as I replied. No... You?

Less then one minute later I got a reply. My smile crept into a grin. Party. You up for it?

“Oh shit,” I sighed to myself, looking out my bedroom window and across to Oli’s. Naturally, there he was, staring straight at me. I smiled and waved before slipping on some shoes and walking down and out of my house and over to his.

The second I went to knock on the door, it was answered by a grinning Oli. “Morning, love.”

“Oli, it’s two o’ clock,” I laughed, following him up to his room.

“So? I just woke up so it’s morning. Jesus Parker, don’t you understand my logic?” He chuckled, sitting on his bed and motioning for me to do the same.

“Oh, I’ll never understand your logic. No matter how long I’ve known you,” I winked.

“Anyway,” Oli said, rolling his eyes, “you gonna come? For me?”

“Pussy,” I sniggered as he batted his eyelashes. “But I will. After all, what’s girl to do with a house all to herself and nothing to do?”

“You’re such a tease, you know that? A teasing little sod that deserves to be – “

Suddenly Tom burst into Oli’s room, grin on his lively face. But his face quickly changed when he noticed Oli lying on top of me, lips going in for the kill.

“Whoa,” Tom said, his mouth turning into a perfect ‘O’ shape. “I’m interrupting something.”

“No,” I replied sarcastically, giggling while rolling my eyes.

“What do you want, Tom?” Oli asked impatiently while hastily getting off of me and sitting up straight.

“I was just wondering if Parker’s coming tonight but by the looks of it, you two’ll be attached by the hip, no?” Tom spoke, attempting to hide his chuckle.

“Yes, she is now sod off Tom,” Oli spoke, shooing Tom with his hands.

“Yob,” Tom muttered under his breath as he left Oli’s room; making sure to slam the door loudly behind him.

“As I was saying,” Oli grinned, lying on top of me and planting his lips upon mine while reaching for my sides and squeezing them.

“EEEP! Oli!” I shrieked noisily.

“Yes, Parker?” he questioned, his words muffled by his mouth on mine.

I grunted before shoving him off of me with a high-pitched giggle that was so unlike me. Oli flew off the bed and fell onto a pile of dirty clothes at the end of his bed. I heard him chuckle and try to sit up but before he knew it I pounced on him, attaching my lips to his.

Suddenly, Oli pulled away, frowning. “I’m tired,” he moaned.

“Then sleep, idiot,” I stated, jumping off him and onto his bed.

Oli and I spent the next few hours dipping in and out of sleep. The occasional kiss being exchanged before falling back into a temporary slumber. It wasn’t until we heard Tom screaming up the stairs that we both ‘officially’ woke up.

Hand in hand, we trudged down the stairs and into the kitchen where Tom was frantically rushing around jamming cans and cans of beer into multiple chilly bins. While he was out getting more beers I sneaked a beer from one of the nearest chilly bins; passing it to Oli who downed it immediately.

“Thanks. I needed that,” he grinned, pushing his long hair out of his amber eyes.

“Oi!” Tom yelled when he noticed the empty beer can in Oli’s hand.

“Oh, soften up, Tom. It’s, what, five o’ clock? People will be turning up soon. May as well get the party started,” I laughed.

“You’ve had sex haven’t you,” Tom stated, glowering as he placed more beers in the chilly bins.

“Nope. Just a good old fashioned nap,” Oli grinned, putting his empty can on the kitchen bench and stretching. “C’mon Parker, we need to get ready to par-tay.”

“Like it’s 1979, bitch. Now hustle,” I sighed, imagining how bad my hair looked.

He instantly ceased stretching. “1979?”

“My mum says it,” I sighed dramatically.

Upon reaching the bedroom, Oli searched around for a pair of fresh jeans while I sorted out my haystack hair in his filthy mirror. It wasn’t as bad as I thought it was but I could understand Tom wondering if we’d had sex. Saying I had sex hair would probably be an understatement. If that was even possible.

“Does my butt look big in this?” Oli chuckled, waltzing over to me.

“I’ve never understood that question. I mean, people want big butts, right? But then if you say someone has ghetto booty then you get bitch slapped,” I frowned, pulling strands of hair into the right places.

“That’s because there’s a massive difference between a big butt and a ghetto booty, love,” Oli grinned. “Y’ know, there’s a better mirror in the bathroom. This one’s just here for… decoration.”

Oli must’ve notice how hard it was to actually see my reflection in his mirror. Hard, once again, was an incredible understatement. It was physically impossible but somehow I managed to see myself through all the grime and muck.

“Nah, I’m good,” I replied, taking his hand and pulling him downstairs and back into the kitchen where we found Tom; sitting on the kitchen bench, beer in hand.

“Sup,” he grinned lazily.

“ Hey Tommy,” I grinned back as I headed to the fridge to pour myself a cup of juice.

“Parker,” Tom began, dragging out the R, “why don’t you drink?”

“I drink. Be more specific.”

“Drink alcohol,” he clarified.

“It tastes like fuck. And God knows what I’d be like drunk.” I shuddered at the thought.

“Fuck? It has a taste?” Oli asked, eyes wide.

Oh Jesus. Even when these boys weren’t drunk they were mentally retarded and/or insane. Their parents must be very proud of them.

“Don’t worry, Ol’s,” I smiled, shaking my head before taking a sip of the cool apple juice that Oli had so kindly bought for me.

It was at least another hour until people began turning up. I saw a few people that I recognised from the previous party, which only made me feel slightly better. Soon we were joined by a grinning Curtis who began chugging down beers like there was no tomorrow, much to Tom’s disgust. “They were for everyone,” he whined but Oli and Curtis just ignored him, as per usual.

I found quite hilarious, watching the trio go from tipsy to downright drunk, excluding Curtis of course. His system took in beer like it was water. This was good for me a sit gave me something to do, someone to talk to who wasn’t yet drunk.

“Don’t you get… bored? Y’ know, never being drunk at parties and shit?” I asked him.

“Nah. I used to, but now I’ve found ways to avoid it. I watch people; watch them make stupid mistakes and tease hem about ti until the next party or whatever,” he shrugged, downing another beer. I had lost count of how many he’d drunk that night.

This just made me laugh as I scanned the room and realised what he meant. Although we were still in the kitchen, I could see outside into the well-lit garden. It seemed that everyone was pressed up against something or attached by the lips to someone else. It really was quite funny and I found myself giggling quietly.

“I’m off,” Tom stated as he slid off the bench, beer in hand, and he shakily walked out into the garden where he was instantly met by some blonde who went to my school.

“Tom’s always good to watch. He gets down and dirty, does what everyone won’t. It’s fuckin’ hilarious,” Curtis chuckled.

“Ugh,” Oli groaned from beside me. “Fresh air.”

I watched as Oli stumbled outside, nearly falling over the coffee table. After I made sure he actually got outside in one piece, I turned my attention back to Curtis. The only sane person, apart from me, in a twenty-metre radius.

“Bah, how the fuck am I going to last the night?” I sighed, getting off the bench and pouring myself another cup of juice.

“You can stick me until I pass out for get alcohol poisoning,” Curtis chuckled, throwing his can of beer in the sink.

“Or you could just refrain from drinking,” I offered.

“Speak English, woman. I may be ‘sober’ but I’m no genius,” Curtis grinned.

“Sober my ass. Go on, I dare you. Five minutes without alcohol. Then you can get proper pissed,” I smirked.

“Deal.”

The following five minutes that went by were very uneventful. It seemed that Tom was so drunk that he couldn’t stand up and ended up passing out by the drinks table outside, some girl walked past the kitchen giggling while some poor innocent boy was latched onto her arm and Oli came and joined us. Only for a few minutes though.

The second I said Curtis’ five minutes were up, he dived for the chilly bin. Grabbing out a can of beer, he chugged it down like he’d been deprived of it forever.

“Will power, Curtis. I should get you a trophy,” I grinned.

“I’ll take you up on that Parker,” he laughed.

We sat in a peaceful silence as Curtis sipped at his beer, slower than before. I found that there was so much going on, so many people to look at that my brain hurt. The loud, thumping music didn’t help much either.

I was about ask Curtis something but the question vanished when I noticed him staring out the window, wide eyed. I followed his gaze, scared of where it would lead me. The second I saw it I wished I hadn’t. I wanted to pretend I didn’t see it but I couldn’t. The image of Oli and some girl attached by the lips. I couldn’t blink. I couldn’t breathe. The scream that was trapped in my throat couldn’t escape.

Curtis turned to me, eyes still wide and look of pure shock on his face. When I saw his face, reality set in. Hot tears began pouring down my face. I couldn’t speak for the fear of the scream escaping so I settled with a quivering chin and tear-blurred eyes.

“Parker,” Curtis said, his voice emotionless. His beer left behind on the bench as he came over to me.

I felt him hug me but I didn’t really register what was happening. All I knew was that Oli was a cheating bastard who didn’t deserve to be loved.

After a few seconds I felt my arms creeping around Curtis’ lanky frame, embracing him in a hug. Tears were streaming down my face in torrents, wetting Curtis’ shirt but he didn’t seem to notice.

“Home,” he said, helping me off the bench as he took me out of Oli’s house and across the road to mine.

I handed Curtis the key out of my pocket and he let us in. He then pulled me up to my room where he lay me down on the bed. I silently thanked him with my blurry eyes and I’m sure he understood. He kneeled down next to my head, pushing the hair out of my eyes.

“What a bastard,” I grumbled.

“He was drunk – “

“I know,” I interrupted.” And I don’t care. That’s twice. I’m sick of it. Surely when he’s drunk he doesn’t just forget about me?”

“It’s happened before?” Curtis asked, shocked.

I just nodded.

“You were right.”

We sat there in silence for a while, which I appreciated. It was nice having someone to talk to, someone who would actually listen. Curtis stood up to leave but I stopped him.

“Could you stay here? I’ll get you a mattress and shit. I don’t want to be alone, please?” I pleaded.

“Whatever you want, Parker,” he smiled.

I managed to drag in the mattress from the spare room, along with sheets. I then flopped on my bed, fully clothed. I whispered good night to Curtis before practically passing out. It had been a long, busy and stupid day. Oliver Sykes was going to fucking die. I’d make sure of that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Drama, drama, red pyjama.
My proof reading skills for this one were a tad shitty.
Actually, my proof reading skills are always shitty, haha.
My bad if there's any blatantly obvious mistakes (: