We Signed Our Life Away

015

A/N: These are just some paragraphs that got lost when my laptop was updated. Hopefully they'll make the story make more sense (:

I still didn’t know what to think of Oli. He was drop dead gorgeous, and when he wasn’t drunk, absolutely amazing. But then when he got drunk, it all changed. I didn’t know whether to trust him or not. After all he’d done, I still had feeling for him. Which only made it more of a thrill for me.

As I was picking up a magazine, most likely a few years old, I heard my mother calling me from downstairs. Sighing, I dropped the magazine and ran down to see what she wanted.

“Phone,” she smiled, handing the receiver to me while feeding a tantrum-recovering Josie.

“Thanks,” I mumbled, shoving it under my chin as I ran upstairs again.

“Parker?” Curtis’ voice asked.

“Curtis?! How’d you get my number? Why’re you calling me?” I rambled into the phone, entering my room and flopping on the bed.

“Whoa, slow down, chicky-babe. I got your number from this thing called a phone book. You have one too. And I think you know why I’m calling.”

“Oliver,” I answered emotionlessly.

“Have a gold star,” Curtis chuckled. “How’d it go?”

“Pretty well, I think. He apologised and shit and then he promised not to drink for a few weeks. After he’s done that, I think I may be able to trust him,” I answered proudly.

“Yeah, after. D’ you think Oli can make it? Even with your help? No offence, Parker,” Curtis asked.

“I have to! If I don’t, I’ll be a proper mess, Curtis,” I groaned.

“Well, if you believe in him, then I do too. I’ll keep an eye on him when yer not around. Want me to tell Tom?”

“That’d be great,” I grinned into the phone. “Tell him to buy some juice, yeah? Really rub it in.”

“Ha-ha, will do. In fact, I may even help! The sounds of this new alcohol-free Oliver seems quite fascinating,” he laughed. “Hey, I have to see Tom now but I’ll catch up with you later, yeah? Maybe even see you there.”

“Maybe,” I said, giggling. “Thanks heaps, Curtis.”

“Any time, love,” he replied before hanging up.

Curtis was brilliant. I felt as if I could tell him anything and he wouldn’t judge me. Not that Oli would, but I still couldn’t fully trust him. Not until he’d completed his four weeks alcohol-free.

I decided to check my emails, just n case Dan had gotten near computer in his travels. Lucky for me, he had.

An email from Dan never failed to make me smile. I decided t reply immediately, knowing I’d want him to if I were I his position.

I quickly hit send before slamming shut my laptop and skipping downstairs to take Josie to the park. Whenever I was in a good mood I always tried to spend time with her. Only because I’d probably forget about her at the park if I was drowning in my own sorrows.

“Taking Josie to the park. Be back in forty!” I yelled as I scooped Josie out of her chair and let her walk beside me.

“Park? She asked.

“Yup,” I smiled back.

.&

His hazel eyes probed mine until I showed some sort of emotion. Revenge.

“I’ll forgive you when you go cold turkey on the alcohol for a few weeks. Then I’ll know if you have a better relationship with alcohol than me. Or your best friend for that matter.”

Oliver showed no emotion. This shocked me. Was he really considering my outrageous ask? I continued to stare at him as he stared at me, looking for some sign of emotion. I heard Millie slip out of the café but I ignored her. Right now, Oliver’s reaction was what I wanted to see.

“When do you want me to start?” he grinned.

“It was that easy?” I asked, astounded.

“Parker, I’d choose you over alcohol any day. That decision wasn’t hard. I’m serious!” he exclaimed when he saw the doubting look in my eyes.

“Fine. Beginning tomorrow, no alcohol. It’s fruit juice and water, Oli. And remember, I have spies. I’ll know when you crack, Oliver Sykes,” I stated before standing and signalling for him to leave the café with me.

“I love you,” Oli grinned as he passed.

“Humph,” I grunted, giving him a quick hug before jogging home. I had some phone calls to make.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm pretty sure I didn't add them in.
& sorry it took so long to update.
I'm slack like that :3