Status: Finished.

Your One and Only.

Hospital Bed.

Prologue.
-1918

The hospital was crowded, children were crying, nurses had their faces covered trying not to catch anything. I entered the room where Edward had been in for the last days, surrounded by more sick people.

"Edward." I whispered touching his forehead, it was burning just like it had been yesterday.

"Edward... I love you." I told him feeling some tears forming.

He moved a bit and mumbled something that sounded like 'me too'

"Oh Edward!" I cried out laying on the bed with him, I wrapped my arms around him and rested my head on his chest so I would be able to hear his heart beating.

"You can't leave me." I told him as I raised my head to kiss his neck.

"You just can't, we have so many things to do, and we have to see the world, and I just love you so much." I said as my voice began to crack.

"Just tell me you love me." I pleaded him as I broke into a sob.

"I..." Edward began to cough

"I-Do." He spoke as he coughed some more.

I closed my eyes and let my tears stain my face. I didn't care if anybody was looking or was judging me for being in this bed with a sick man, who I wasn't married to.

I hugged him tighter and I began to shake from sobbing uncontrollably. I couldn't loose Edward. Not now he was too young to die, it wasn't fair at all. It just wasn't fair.

"Miss." I heard a man speak.

I didn't respond back, I just continued pouring my heart out.

"It's time for you to leave."

"Just one more minute." I spoke quietly.

"It's not a good idea to be in here."

"I don't care." I replied. It wasn't like I was going to die any time soon. I had been wishing to be dead for a long time, until I met Edward and now I was loosing him and he wasn't even going to be able to make it to his eighteenth birthday.

"He's not going to make it, miss. It would be better if you just left."

I began to sob again, I knew he was going to die, but I hadn't heard somebody else tell me, just the words being said out loud made it so official and terrifying.

"Edward." I moaned gripping harder on him.

"It will only get harder if you stay longer."

He was right, I was making it worse for myself but I didn't want to leave his side until I was sure he no longer breathed, that he no longer lived.

I felt a hand on my back, in some way it was comforting but at the same time it was begging me to just let Edward go. I shocked back the sob and tried to wipe the tears the best I could, but more came out in place of the others. I stood up and straightened my dress. I took hold of Edward's hand and gripped it wishing to never let go.

"I love you." I whispered, leaning in to kiss him lightly on the lips.

I turned around and walked passed the Doctor that had told me to leave. All my dreams shattered knowing Edward was no longer in my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
I couldn't help myself.