Status: Finished.

Your One and Only.

Words.

I couldn't go to class, I couldn't go to school with a heavy heart, I was sure that I would just break down and there was no way I could possibly stop. I walked along the trees going further away from the school, then I stumbled a bit as I made my way deeper in the forest, I wanted to be surrounded my trees, I wanted to hide, to be invisible.

"Aubrey!" I heard Edward shout.

I looked behind me that there was no one to be seen. I started to run again, I just wanted to be alone.

"Aubrey stop!" He shouted sounding angry.

"I c-cant." I whimpered to myself.

I saw some branches and rocks around me. I moved them so the would block away Edward. For the first time I didn't want to see his face. It was hurting too much.
Just keep running. That's all you need to do. Just run. It was like somebody was guiding me and not myself. After a couple of minutes later I stopped and listened around. He had given up. I sat on the dirty ground and brought my knees close to mine and I hugged them for comfort and began to rock myself back and forth. I had never felt so alone in my life before.

"Edward!" I whimpered feeling my heart starting to pour out.

"Why did you leave me?" I sobbed desperately as I closed my eyes and let the tears run down my face like rain.


"Edward!" I whined as he covered my eyes.

"Come on Aubrey just cooperate with me." He said as he began to push me slightly so I could start walking.

"You're just going to make me run into a poll." I said as I extended my arm out just to make sure there was nothing in front of me.

"I wont. I promise." He said and kissed the back of my head.

I smiled, even if he couldn't see me I knew he was imagining me smiling.

"Are you going to tell me or not?" I asked after a couple of minutes of walking.

"If I told you, then I wouldn't need to be covering your eyes." Edward replied with a hint of amusement in his voice.

"I like that idea much better." I mumbled, but kept on walking.

As we walked down the streets of Chicago I felt the wind blow past me, it was cold and I could feel the day darken more and more as we continued walking. In a matter of minutes it was going to start raining.

"Okay you can see now." Edward spoke and removed his hands from my face.

I was staring at Lake Michigan, then I looked up at sky and felt a rain drop on my face.

"It's going to rain." I told Edward.

"Rain isn't going to hurt us. Now come on." Edward said pulling me.

"W-what are we going to do." I asked as Edward came to the edge of the lake.

"Aubrey, there's something I've been meaning to tell you."

My heart began to race, maybe this was it. What I've been waiting for since the day I met him. He smiled and stroked my cheek with his warm soft hand. I smiled and he smiled back at me.

"I'm not great with words." He began.

"Nonsense." I giggled.

"To you I'm not, but I believe for other I'm not that great."

I stared into his emerald green eyes. They were twinkling with happiness and joy.

"I love you, Aubrey."

My heart skipped and my breath caught. He had said he loved me! He loved me. I stared at his blurry vision with a smile on my face.

"Aubrey?" Edward questioned a bit concerned, as to why I was crying.

"I love you too." I finally replied and hugged him.

Edward hugged me back and kissed my side of my head. He didn't like being affectionate since we weren't married, but I didn't care because he loved me, and that was the only thing that mattered to me in the whole world.


I could hear thunder in the distance, it was growing louder, I could hardly hear myself sobbing any more. I hated having all those memories, they were so vivid in my head as if they had happened a couple of minutes ago instead of years. There was another loud thunder and then the rain came pouring down on me.

I sat there getting wet, I didn't care. Rain wasn't going to hurt me. After some time I stood up and started walking back towards the school. My backpack was soaked and I only imagined that everything in there was drenched as well. I sighed and ran, I would get there faster. I reached the school and took a big breath and went into the office.

"Miss. Reynolds." The office lady gasped.

"I got caught by the storm." I said with a frown.

"Hunny, you should have stayed home."

"Have I ever missed school?" I asked with a smile trying to seem perfectly normal.

"But look at you, you're all soaked, you're going to get sick."

"Mrs. Valley you worry too much. Can I just have a pass to class?"

She frowned and took out an office pass from her desk.

"What class do you have? It's the end of third period."

"Chemistry with Mr. Rich."

Now I wished I had gone home. Edward was in that class.

"Here you are, and if you're feeling sick just come right back and I'll call your father."

"Alright. Thanks."

I smiled and exited the office, then I made my way towards my Chemistry class. I stared at the door for some time before taking a deep breath. I opened it and walked in, almost everybody turned to face me. I walked up to Mr. Rich and handed him the pass, then he handed me a piece of paper, probably what we were working on. I took it and made my way towards my desk, to my misfortune Edward was sitting there but his eyes were glued onto the desk instead of me. I sat down and took out my things, for my luck they were in good condition even if they were a bit wet.

"I'm sorry." Edward murmured.

"No you're not." I replied and started working on the worksheet.

"Aub-" He began.

"Save it." I hissed.

Edward sighed and then I felt his hand on my chin, I had no other option but to look at him.

"What?" I asked him with anger in my voice.

"I don't want us to-"

"To what? Fight? Be angry?" I hissed in a low tone.

He stared at me and I could see him struggling with words.

"I guess you were right. You aren't that great with words." I told him and removed his hand from my face.