Status: Finished.

Your One and Only.

News.

I was relieved when the bell rang to end third period, I was starting to get suffocated in there with Edward it was like he was taking oxygen away from me, or maybe I was just forgetting to breath around him.

"Wow, what happened to you!?" Nessie exclaimed as she watched me walking towards our desk.

"I got caught in the rain when I was walking to school."

Nessie raised an eyebrow, she knew I was lying.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, what else could it be?" I told her as I shrugged, even is Nessie was the closest friend I had, I didn't want to tell her everything about me.

"Why where you crying?" She asked with a curious tone in her voice.

"I wasn't crying." I defended myself poorly.

"Aubrey look at me."

I sighed and turned to look at her. She frowned.

"Why where you crying?" She asked again but this time there was authority in her voice.

"It's personal and I rather not talk about it. At least not now."

"I hope whatever it is, it gets better."

"Thanks. Um Nessie I don't think I'm going to eat lunch at your table today."

"Why not? Did Emmett do something to you!? Because I can kick him out of the table."

"What? No, he didn't do anything to me." I said surprised and confused at what she had said.

"I saw him talking to you in the morning, and that's how I knew you were lying about being caught in the rain."

"Oh." I mumbled feeling like a complete idiot.

I glared at the table. Today so far had not been my day at all. Besides the raining part. I loved it when it rained here in Forks, everything looked so beautiful and out of a fantasy.

"You know you can tell me." Nessie spoke

"I know, but it's just really personal, and I wouldn't know how to explain it."

Nessie frowned but didn't say anything back. I guess she had accepted the fact that I wasn't going to give in and tell her.

"Do you still want me to sleepover on Friday?" Nessie asked in a low voice.

I looked at her and smiled.

"Of course! Why wouldn't I?"I asked her.

"You kind of seemed angry at me, that's all."

"I'm not angry at you, or anybody for that matter. I'm just ugh because I'm all wet." I said with a small laugh.

"I have an idea." Nessie spoke and then a smile appeared on her face.

"What is it?" I asked

"For lunch I can take you to your house and you can change, that way you wont have to eat lunch with them."

"Them?"

"Well I can't say us, because then I would be including myself." She said stating the obvious.

"Only if you want to."

Nessie smiled and nodded happily. I returned the smile and returned to placing cookie dough on the baking sheet. Without even noticing the class had ended. I looked around and noticed that Nessie was no longer here.

"That's strange." I mumbled to myself.

I gathered all my things and headed out of the classroom, as soon as I stepped out on the hall I heard somebody talking in a very loud voice, I looked to my right and saw Nessie trying to get through the hundreds of students that were walking through the hall.

"Where did you go?" I asked her as she came in front of me.

She smiled and showed me some keys.

"Car keys?" I guessed.

"Yes now we can go."

She started to walk towards the other way, I followed and apologized to the people I bumped into, once we were on the parking lot Nessie pointed towards a gray Volvo, she unlocked it and signaled me to get in.

"Who's car is this?" I asked her as I got in.

"Edward's, don't worry I told him where I was going and he just made me swear I was going to bring it back in one piece."

"Oh, that's nice of him." I said in a low voice.

Nessie smiled and turned on the car and asked me for the directions to my house, I gave them to her and in a matter of five minutes we had arrived.

"Your house looks welcoming." She said with a sincere smile.

"Yeah, it does." I said getting out of the car.

I ran a bit towards the door, Nessie right behind me as seeing it was still raining, I opened the door and saw Lisa sitting on the couch watching some kind of talk show. She turned around and her eyes widened.

"Uh, Lisa this is my friend Nessie, I just came to change." I told her.

"Nice to meet you." Lisa said with a smile to Nessie.

"I'll be back." I told Nessie and headed to my room.

I walked to my room and opened one of my drawers of my dresser, I took out some plain jeans, and then I took out a long sleeve shirt, I walked to my closet and took out a jacket and another pair of boots and a black scarf. I brushed my hair the best I could and put it up in a bun and then I walked out of my room to hear Lisa and Nessie talking.

"I thought she had told you." I heard Lisa speak.

"No she hadn't"

I started to panic, what was Lisa referring to, by the way Nessie had sounded it wasn't a good thing.

"I'm all done." I said pretending that I didn't hear anything.

Nessie looked at me with a strange look then she nodded and headed towards the door.

"Thanks Mrs. Reynolds." Nessie said and walked out the door.

I looked at Lisa with a questioning look.

"What did you tell her?" I asked her in a whisper as I came close to her.

"She knows." She spoke apologetically.

My mouth dropped opened and my eyes widened this really wasn't good.

"I'm sorry, I thought she knew, I didn't know."

"It's okay Lisa."

I groaned and walked out the house and noticed that Nessie was waiting in the car. I took a deep breath and walked to it.
♠ ♠ ♠
The reason why it took me so long to write this was because I couldn't decide whether or not Nessie was going to find out haha. I debate with myself too much.

Happy New Year. [: