Status: Finished.

Your One and Only.

Eyes Closed.

-Present.

"Aubrey!" my mother shouted.

I continued pretending I couldn't hear her and just kept staring at my laptop screen.

"AUBREY!" She screamed right into my ear.

"WHAT!?" I shouted back, causing her to move back and fall tripping over her own two feet. I smiled sweetly and made and innocent face.

"Are you deaf?" She asked as she stood up.

"No, I just choose not to hear you." I told her as I rolled my eyes and turned back to look at the screen.

"Just wait until Frank hears about this." She murmured.

"Lisa, Frank loves me as a real daughter and he's going to help me until he dies."

Lisa, my adoptive mother made a disgusted face and walked out of my room.

"Really soon. I Know it will happen really soon." I told myself.

I turned my laptop off and placed it on the floor beneath my bed and laid down looking at the roof. It had always been my life to move from one place to another claiming to be another person, always being alone and going to school forging I had parents, when in reality it was just me by myself all the time.

It was strange to live in a house with parents and pretend like we were a happy family but I know Lisa just wants to get rid of me, she's disgusted by the idea of what I am, and what my father did to my mother you see my father was a vampire when he met my mom, he was able to control himself and not hurt her, but he hurt her by leaving her, and then I killed her when I was born, I didn't mean to, I guess she wasn't strong enough.

But Frank, he's an angel, he truly is, he doesn't care that I'm not entirely human or that there's time when I crave blood, because he thinks I'm the daughter he never had.

There was a soft knock on my door, I turned my head towards it and opened it with my mind.

"Hey Frank."

"What did you do to Lisa?" He questioned with a raised eyebrow.

I smiled and turned my head back to look up at the ceiling.

"Nothing, she shouted at me first."

"Aubrey, you know she just gets angrier at you."

"She already wants to kill me, so I really don't care Frank."

Frank chuckled and sat at the edge of my bed.

"She doesn't want to kill you, she's just afraid you'll kill her."

"I wouldn't even dream about doing something like that." I murmured closing my eyes.

"I know you wouldn't Aubrey." Frank sighed and patted my leg.

"Frank?"

"Yeah?"

"Is it okay if I walk to school tomorrow?"

"Sure, you need the exercise." Frank replied and stood up from the bed.

I sat up and smiled at him.

"Good night, hun."

"Night... dad."

Frank walked out of my room and I closed the door and locked it, I laid on my side, I was able to see outside my window, it was dark but I could see the trees moving due to the wind, the clouds were starting to form for the storm that was coming towards the small town of Forks, where I live.

I turned back on my back and close my eyes, I could see him perfectly as if I had just seen him ten minutes ago, his green eyes burning into my gray ones, only he isn't really there he's just in my head, part of my past, he's dead and I couldn't do anything to help him.

"Why can't I just forget you Edward?" I asked myself remembering the night I had met him.

-1916.
I shouldn't be walking all alone at night, God, I'm so stupid people are going to think... things about me, I should just go back, no I'm already half way. I kept arguing with myself as I walked down the snowy and dark streets of Chicago.

Nothing is going to happen. I told myself as I turned into an alley way, I looked behind me and made sure there was nobody behind me, I picked up my pace, I knew all the drunks ended up there as they tried to get home, but they always failed and would end up passed out. I spotted a man half conscious on the ground, I knelled beside him and turned his head so I could see his neck.

"W-What cha d-doing?" He slurred.

I bit into his neck making him shriek out a bit in pain, he wasn't going to remember this, even if he did he would probably think it was a dream or something, he wouldn't really know since he was drunk out of his mind. I stood up and ran away, making sure I would keep a normal human speed.

"Hey!"

I started to panic, what if someone had seen what I had just done, then they would know what I was and they would want to burn me up or something.

"Miss!" He screamed again.

I took a deep breath as my heart raced and then I turned around to meet the guy that had shouted after me.

"Yes?" I asked as casual as I could.

"It's dangerous to be walking all alone at such time." He replied with a small smile.

"I am very aware, but I think I can manage."

"I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I just let you walk away all alone."

I smiled, he was probably just fifteen, but a gentleman he truly was.

"Well you could always walk me home."

"I'll stay behind, I wouldn't want anybody getting the wrong idea."

I smiled and extended my arm towards him.

"Well thanks.."

"Edward." He replied taking my hand and kissing it.

"Aubrey." I told him and turned back around starting to walk towards my home, I could hear Edward's footsteps right behind me, making sure nothing would hurt me.


I sighed and opened my eyes to my luck it was barely three in the morning.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think so far?
Comments are nice [: