Status: Finished.

Your One and Only.

One and Only.

I crumbled to the ground feeling my legs give out. I couldn't keep going it was too much weight bringing me down, it was too much pain bringing me down. I brought my hands to my face and just allowed my sobs free. I hated feeling like such an unimportant being, I hated loving someone who was never going to love me back the way they once did.

"I love you so much." I sobbed into the empty woods.

"Why did it have to be this way?" I asked myself knowing I didn't know the answer.


I looked at Elizabeth who staring at me with a big smile plastered on her face. I looked away waiting for Edward to hurry up so we could get going.

"You kids are going to have so much fun." Elizabeth, Edward's mom told me.

I looked at her and smiled.

"It doesn't matter as long as I'm with Edward." I sighed dreamily, I had never been in love, I didn't know how great it felt to be in love.

I heard steps coming this way, I looked at the entrance of the kitchen and Edward appeared with a small smile on his face.

"You look beautiful, as always."

I looked down at the floor feeling a bit shy.

"You look quite handsome yourself." I told him and looked back to look at him.

"Shall we get going?" He asked extending out his hand to me.

I placed my hand on top of his as he brought it up and placed a small soft kiss on it, I smiled shyly and followed him towards the door.

"Be sure not to stay out too long."

"Don't worry mother, we'll be back before you know it." Edward answered his mother.

Edward linked his arms with mine and we walked out of his house to the nice night of Chicago.

"Where are we going tonight?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Somewhere I know you're going to love." He smiled and kissed my cheek.

We continued walking and smiled at the people who passed us, people always liked to stare at our hands, they saw no ring and that represented something out of society.

"We're almost there." Edward spoke after a couple of minutes of walking.

I looked around us and noticed we were at the local park, there was nobody here maybe because it was so late at night. Edward unlinked his arm from mine and took my hand to lead me to spot in the grass, he sat down and so did I not caring about the dress I was wearing.

"I want us to remember this place." He told me as he looked up at the moon.

"I remember every place you take me too." I whispered looking at him.

I saw a smile stretch from his lips and then he turned to look at me.

"Aubrey, I love you so much, I can't imagine a life without you." He whispered as his locked on mine.

"I love you too Edward, you're my everything." I whispered back as I touched his cheek.

He kissed my hand and then stood up and brought me with him. He smiled as he took a deep breath in.

"The reason I brought you here is to show you how much you mean to me."

I stared at him unable to comprehend what he was trying to tell me. He let my hand drop and then went in one knee, my simile opened in shock, this wasn't happening, I was dreaming.

"Aubrey, will you marry me?" He asked as he took out a ring from his pocket.

I stared at it trying to stay calm and for me not to start shouting and screaming in happiness.

"I know it's not great, it belonged to my gran-"

"It's perfect. Yes, Yes I will marry you Edward." I whispered extending my hand towards him.

He slid the ring into my finger causing me to smile like I had never done before, he stood up and brought his lips to mine. Our lips moved with one another like they had always done that.

"I love you so much." I told him as our lips parted.

"Me too, I love you Aubrey."

"Tell me you're never going to leave me." I whispered into his neck as he hugged me rightly.

"I would never do that, you're my one and only." He told me pecking the side of my neck.

"I will never forget this." I murmured.


I stared at the grass beneath me as the tears in my face dried up, thinking of that day always made me feel happy, it was one of the most happiest moments in my whole life.

I stood up and dusted myself from all the dirt and grass. I looked ahead of me and realized I was close to my house, I ran as fast I could and then slowed down as I walked across the street and walked into my house.

"I thought you were in Port Angeles." I heard Lisa.

I shook my head unable to find the strength to talk. I walked directly to my room and locked it, immediately I brought the shoe box to me and sat on the bed, I took the lid off and stared at the context.

"Do you still have it?" I heard Edward's voice in my head as I remembered the day he asked me in his car.

"I still have it Edward." I whispered as I picked up the ring he gave me that night.

I closed my eyes and brought the ring to my heart, I didn't deserve to have it, it had belonged to his grandmother, Nessie should be the one with it. I sighed and opened my eyes and stared at the ring, it really was beautiful.

I placed it back in the box and walked to my closet and opened it, I knelled down and opened a box filled with different types of dresses, they were mostly flapper dresses I was in with them in the twenties. At the bottom I saw it. The dress I was going to wear for my wedding.

I closed the box and walked out of my room and went to the living room and picked up the telephone.

"Hello?" Edward answered.

"I need to talk to you, there's some things that need to be discussed."

"Where and when?" He asked.

"Come to my house, I'll be waiting." I hanged up and walked back to my room.
♠ ♠ ♠
I promised it was going to be out soon. =]