Status: Finished.

Your One and Only.

Surprised.

I had stayed awake all night, the memories were hunting me, and I couldn't understand why I couldn't let him go, why my heart couldn't let him go. It was like he was part of me, like he was my soul mate and we were destined for one another but it couldn't be, because he's dead and I'm not.

"Aubrey." Frank called out softly as he knocked on my door,

"Yeah?" I questioned as I got out of bed.

"You're going to be late for school."

I smiled to myself and walked over to my closet to get some jeans, a plain button down shirt and a jacket.

"Don't worry dad, you know I'm never late."

"Right." He replied and I could picture him smiling.

I changed out of my pajamas and grabbed some boots to wear, I could feel the rain approaching. I opened my window and jumped out after getting my backpack and began running through the woods, I could see everything flashing by me, I could hear the birds singing, the deers drinking by a pond, everything so natural and beautiful.

In a matter of two minutes I was at school, of course nobody had noticed me coming out of the woods, nobody ever noticed me, it was like I was a shadow amongst all of them.

"Did you hear!?" A girl named Amanda shrieked to her friend.

"Yeah! I wonder what they look like." Her friend Sarah mused.

As I kept walking deeper into the school, I noticed the little groups of people murmuring about something exciting, nothing exciting ever happened here.

"Yeah there are seven of them!"

"And they're all siblings?!"

"Yeah! Well they're all adopted and their dad is a doctor."

"I heard they moved here from Alaska"

It seemed like everybody knew about it, except for me, not that I cared.

"Uh...Aubrey," Somebody spoke my name with hesitation.

I turned around and saw Whitney Porter with a small smile on her face, looking rather nervous.

"Yeah Whitney?"

"You probably already heard about the new students by now..." She trailed off

"Yeah it seems they're kind of celebrities." I joked.

Whitney laughed quietly but sincerely.

"Yeah, Um... I was going to ask you if you could do the story about them, you know interview them and stuff..."

"Why don't you ask Angie? I just write fiction not editorials and such."

"I know, but nobody wants to do it, they're... scared and nervous."

"And I'm the last resort?" I asked her with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah... Can you please do it!?" Whitney begged with her hands together.

I sighed in defeat, I mean what was the worst that could happen?

"Fine, I'll do it during lunch if they're here."

"Thank you!" Whitney shrieked and gave me a hug but I moved back startled by her sudden action to hug me.

"Sorry." She apologized.

"No,sorry I was taken aback." I smiled and walked away feeling a bit strange, because I had realized Whitney was kind of the only friend I had in this school, in this world.

"Class! Class! Please settle down!" Mrs. Wilson shouted as the third class of the day began.

I sighed in frustration, this class was always disrespectful and noisy, then again nobody wanted to learn about the parts and roles of a family.

As I sat there in my usual seat in the back of the class I felt this wave of electricity go through my head, it was stronger that any other I had felt, and it only meant one thing; they were like my kind, probably a full vampire.

"Oh what do we have here?" Mrs. Wilson questioned as a girl with brown hair approached her causing the whole class to become silent.

"New student." Mrs. Wilson guessed with a smile.

"Yes." The girl replied.

"Isabella Cullen, welcome to Forks."

Cullen. My heart raced and everything around me seemed to pause. She was a Cullen, and there was no doubt in my mind that she was a vampire, then that could only mean that her dad, this doctor everybody is talking about had to be my father!

"Aubrey!" Mrs. Wilson shouted.

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at the teacher wide eyed and surprised.

"Yeah?"

"That's Aubrey and you can sit next to her." Mrs. Wilson smiled at Isabella and then gave me a warning look.

I just shrugged in apology and glared at my desk as I heard Isabella getting closer to me.

"Hi." Isabella greeted me.

I rolled my eyes and put on a fake smile and looked up at her, her eyes as I had guessed were a liquidly gold color.

"Hi, I'm Aubrey."

"Bella." She smiled

I nodded and looked away but quickly decided to turn back around and start a conversation with her, it would be the best thing if I became her friend and that way I would be a step closer to finally knowing and meeting my father.

"So where did you move from?"

"Portland, it was a spontaneous decision."

"Oh well I hope you like Forks."

"Oh I know I am."

Just as she finished saying that the door of the classroom opened and a guy walked in with reddish brown hair and a walk that reminded me of...

"That's Edward." Bella whispered in my ear.

Another wave hit me, this time it hit me hard like a connection had just been made or possibly broken, I looked up at met Edward's golden eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm really sorry for the very late update.