Status: Finished.

Your One and Only.

Strong

My head is spinning out of control, nothing makes sense. Where am I? I could hear voices but not words. What is wrong with me? Little by little the fog in my head begins to fade and then I realize I'm lying on the dirty ground. I try to stand up but it's as if I don't have one. What a strange feeling.

“Aubrey! Where is Aubrey?!” I can hear someone shout in the distance.

Now I start to freak out. Why can't I move? I try move but nothing happens.

I try to scream out help but my words cannot find my voice.

My eyes begin to water unable to control my fear.

“Aubrey?” this time I recognized the voice perfectly.

I saw Edward's face and all I wanted to do was smile.

“Aubrey are you okay? Your mind is blocked I can't hear you.” He says worried.

Why would my mind be blocked? I didn't understand what was going on. I just wanted to feel my body again.

Edward placed his hand on my cheek but I could not feel it and how I wished I could.

“Aubrey what is wrong?”

All I could do was form more tears, there was nothing I could do.

“He paralyzed her.”

Bella?

“What?” Edward questioned her.

“The big one, he's making her believe she's paralyzed that's why she's not answering you, that's why her mind is blocked.”

“How do you know?”

“She-She saved me, she told me to run but I heard him threatening her.”

“We need to take her to safety.”

“Take her back home, while we finish this,”

Edward picked me up and all I could do was look at his face. We were so close yet so far away. Nessie had been right, I was still madly in love with Edward.

Edward runs through the woods careful not to drop me, in a matter of seconds we were back at the house.

“What happened? Is she okay?” I can hear Esme's concerned voice.

“One of them is messing with her, he's making her think she's paralyzed.”

“Put her on the couch,” Carlisle was the one who spoke

“Aubrey, you're going to be okay,” Carlisle whispers as his hand strokes my cheek.

“Edward, can you tell me what she's thinking?”

“I can't her mind is blocked, it's silent.”

Carlisle walks away murmuring to himself as Esme follows behind.

Edward's eyes meet mine and it was as if we were suspended in time.

Your mind will be mine forever, I hear a voice in my head, the fear in me grows.

It's not yours to keep. I respond.

You underestimation my power.

And you mine. I growl.

We'll see about that. He laughs and then I feel a sharp pain go through my whole body. I scream wishing I was still paralyzed.

“You have to block your mind!” Edward shouts in pain.

“I can't!” I say through gritted teeth.

I scream louder as my hands grip the couch as if somehow that will make the pain go away.

I can feel Carlisle and Emse trying to hold me down but the pain is getting worse. Tears roll down my face as more screams escape my mouth.

“Aubrey, this isn't real. The pain is not real, you have to think through it and block your mind.” Carlisle tells me as he takes my hand.

I try to do as Carlisle tells me but all I can think about is the pain running through my body, I had never felt anything like it. I sob desperately wishing the pain would go away.

“Think about things that make you happy and concentrate on that”

All I can think about is my past with Edward, the first night I met him, the first time he told he loved me, the first time he kissed me. But as happy as those memories where I didn't want to think about them because those moment are long gone and the reality is far from happy.

Another scream escapes my mouth, I can feel the pain fighting back intensifying with every passing second, and my will to fight back was fading.

“Aubrey,” I hear Edwards soft voice.

I open my eyes and see him staring at me. He cups my face into his hands, I place my own on top of his.

“You can fight it, turn that pain against him show him that you are stronger than him.”

I nod and concentrate on the vampire and focus all the pain on him. Slowly I could feel the pain subsiding and then it's gone. I breathe out feeling in control of my own mind again. I open my eyes and I can't help but to smile, I had never been so terrified in my life.

“Are you okay?” Edward asks

I nod.

“Good.”

My hands drop as Edward stands up, “I will join the others, Aubrey stay here you need to rest.” He says and then walks away.

I want to object but I know it will be useless. He was right, I needed to rest. My muscles ached, my head was starting to hurt and I felt exhausted.

“Here is some water” Esme says as she hands me a glass of water.

“Thank you,” I smile at her and drink it.

“I'll take you to your room.” Carlisle says.

I begin to shake my head but he has already picked me up.

“I'm fine I just need to rest for a couple of minutes and I can go help them.”

“You've helped plenty, they will be able to handle it, if anything happens we'll let you know.”

Carlisle walks up the stairs and then into my room. He sets me down on my bed and kisses my forehead. “I'm so grateful that you are okay.”

“Me too,” I nod.

Carlisle walks out and I sigh wishing I could do something to help but even if I tried I would just be in the way. I was weak and the best I could do was to get better.

I lay down on my bed and try to sleep but I can't. I can't stop thinking about Nessie and Jacob, and what was happening in the forest if anybody had died.

I shake my head, I didn't want to think about those things, if anything happened Carlisle would let me know.

Minutes pass by slowly, I close my eyes and try not to think about anything and slowly I drift into a sleep. Some time later I hear a knock on my door, I sit rubbing my eyes. I look at the time and notice three hours have passed by.

There's another knock on the wall.

I could feel the power buzzing through my head, they were back!

I walk to the door ready to run downstairs but I stop with my hand on the door knob. Who was I to them? A stranger, and as much as Carlisle and Nessie insisted I did not belong here.

“Aubrey?” Nessie questions as there is another knock on the door.

“Yes?”

“Can I come in?”

“Yes.”

Nessie opens the door and walks in, it looked like she had just gotten out of the shower.

“I heard about what happened.” She says closing my door.

“I also heard that you saved my mom,” she pauses “thank you, that means a lot.”

I nod with a small smile.

“What happened?” I finally ask.

“The Volturi came and they helped us destroy them.”

“I'm glad to hear that they're being productive.”

Nessie smiles “We're all celebrating downstairs, you should come join us.”

“Maybe later, I still feel a bit tired.” I lie

She nods and gives me a hug, “I'm so happy that you're okay.”

“Me too, I was really worried about you and Jacob.”

“No need to worry anymore, we're safe and sound.”

She walks out of my room making sure to close the door. A few minutes later there's another knock on the door.

“Who is it?”

“Carlisle, can I come in?”

I open the door for him and smile.

“How are you feeling?”

“Much better,” I reply

“What's wrong?”

“Nothing, why do you ask?”

“Aubrey, you know you can tell me anything.”

I look at him and my smile fades.

“It's okay,” he tells me as he embraces me into a hug.

“Do whatever you need to do.” He says sadly.

“I'm sorry, It's just that my whole life has been spent on looking for you and now that I have found you I don't know who I am, but I do know that this isn't the place for me. I need to be on my own for some time.”

“You will always be welcomed here, and anywhere else we might be.”

“I know, and maybe one day I'll come and stay.”

Carlisle steps back and smiles sadly, he was losing his only biological daughter without the opportunity of really knowing her.

“I promise I will stay in contact, I'm not going to disappear just think of it as a long vacation.”

“I wish you the best of luck in your journey.”

“Thank you- dad.”

“And I'm guessing you don't want me to telly anybody?”

“If could maybe just wait until I'm gone?”

He nods, “yes I can wait.”

“Thanks.”

He walks away and I sigh. This was the best thing for me to do. Even though I hated the though of being away from Nessie it wasn't like I was going to disappear I was just going to be somewhere far away.

I change and walk out of my room ready to celebrate with everybody, tomorrow would be the day for the beginning of my journey.
♠ ♠ ♠
There are no words to say how sorry I am for not updating this any sooner. This was supposed to be the last chapter but I will be writing an epilogue and I promise that it will not take me 2 years to post it. At the most a week. Hopefully by Wednesday.

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed the chapter.