Status: Finished.

Your One and Only.

He's Dead.

My heart was racing, I could feel it pounding in my head and I was pretty sure I wasn't the only one. Edward looked like he had just seen a ghost of some kind or possibly believed he was just imagining things. I quickly looked down at my desk feeling more than just shocked and embarrassed. Edward smoothly made his way to the desk in front of me and sat down.

"Are you okay?" Bella whispered so only I would be able to hear her.

I looked at her and nodded.

"Just feeling a bit.. sick, maybe because I didn't eat breakfast today." I lied.

"I get like that too." She lied, we both knew perfectly well she didn't eat.

I smiled acknowledging what she had said and turned back around to look at the teacher but instead my eyes fell on Edward's back. He seemed tense, very tense.

I raised my hand and waited for Mrs. Wilson to see me.

"Yes Aubrey?" She asked sounding more than just annoyed.

"Can I go to the nurse's office?" I asked quickly

"What's the matter?"

"I think I'm going to be... sick."

Mrs. Wilson sighed and wrote something on a piece of paper, and extended it out. I stood up grabbing my backpack and took the paper from Mrs. Wilson.

"Thank you." I whispered and quickly headed out of the room.

Edward.

She couldn't be real, there was no way that she was still alive. It was probably just my mind playing tricks on me and she just looks a lot like Aubrey, and happens to have the same name.

"Edward?"

I looked up and saw Bella standing by my side, I looked around and noticed the class was already leaving.

"Has the bell rang already?" I questioned as I gathered my things.

"Yeah just now."

I stood up and took Bella's hand and walked out of the classroom.

"So how did you manage to change your class?" Bella teased as we walked down the corridor, almost every single pair of eyes looking at us both.

"I have my secrets." I replied with a smile.

We continued walking and made our way to our next class which was Government.

"Is everything okay Edward?"

"Yeah It's... Nothing." I sighed.

"Edward, tell me."

"You know that girl that was sitting next to you?"

"Aubrey? What about her?"

I stayed a quiet for a couple of seconds before deciding to reply.

"I couldn't hear her thoughts." I told Bella trying to sound like that was the only that was bothering me at the moment.

"Maybe she's unique like me." Bella shrugged.

"Yeah, it was just strange you know, finding another mind I can't read."

"One mind isn't going to ruin your life." Bella giggled and pulled me into class

We ended up sitting together in the front of the class, not that I had a problem with it but it was harder to not pay attention. The next class I unfortunately did not have with Bella, she had P.E and I had Chemistry.

"I guess we're in the same class bro." Emmett said as he patted my back.

I turned to look at him who was holding Rosalie by the waist. I smiled and nodded and entered the class, I showed the schedule to the teacher and he smiled.

"Welcome to Forks, you can go right ahead and sit next to the young lady in the back."

"Thanks."

I turned around and noticed the young lady was Aubrey. I remained calm and walked towards her and sat down seeming not to be bothered by this at all.

I could hear her heart beating like a drum, I turned to look at her and saw that she was having trouble breathing, it look like she was going to pass out any second.

"H-Hey are you okay?" I hesitated to ask.

She turned around looking startled that I was actually talking to her.

"Y-yeah." She nodded quickly and looked away as her cheeks turned a light shade of pink.

She looked far from being okay, she looked terrified and anxious. Maybe she knew what I was, what we were and she was afraid I was going to hurt her or something.
What did he do to her? I heard Emmett say, I turned to him and noticed he was staring at me, I shrugged and acted to not know what was wrong with her.

"Hi, I'm Aubrey and I work for the school paper."

I turned around and saw Aubrey trying to put on a fake smile, she looked more relaxed but she still looked pretty sick.

"Edward Cullen."

"Is it okay if I ask you and your family a few question during lunch?"

"Uh why don't you ask me some questions and I'll reply for you."

"Copacetic." she said sighing.

That word had always reminded me of.. I looked up and looked into her gray eyes, they were just how I remembered them to be, always something sad hiding in them but always covered in happiness.

"Is there something on my face?" She asked quietly.

I blinked and shook my head.

"Sorry, it's just I'm sorry."

"It's okay. Um so basically can you just tell me the names of everybody and what you do for fun, and I'm pretty sure I can write something descent about it."

"I'll write it down, it'll make it easier." I told her.

"Thanks."

She exhaled letting her mind free for one split second, but that was all I needed.

He's dead, Edward is dead.
♠ ♠ ♠
[: