Status: Finished.

Your One and Only.

Shoe Box.

I sighed and walked over to my bed and sat down as I looked down at the carpet covered floor.

"So you met all of them?" Frank asked

"Yeah, I even ate lunch with them, but all I wanted was to run away from them."

"Why?"

I shrugged and looked up at Frank with a frown on my face.

"I don't know, I felt like I didn't belong there."

"Aubrey, of course you belong with them, they're your kind."

"No they're not, they're full vampires and I'm not." I told him and took a deep breath before continuing talking.

"Almost all of them have powers, I sensed them right away."

"Wait, do they know you have powers too?"

I shook my head, I wasn't really sure but if they did know they would have probably acted a bit stranger than they had.

"Can they do what you do? You know move things with your mind and stuff?" Frank asked sounding very interested in the subject.

"I don't know. I can just sense them. I don't know what they can do or if I'm able to block those powers from being used on me."

"You can do that?"

I nodded and sighed.

"It's all about having control, and I've mastered that very well, it all goes hand in hand."

"Wow, that's amazing."

"It actually comes in handy when you're trying to hide."

Frank smiled and walked towards me and sat next to me on the bed and placed his hand around my shoulders.

"I have an idea." He said

"What kind of idea?" I asked curiously.

"I'm going to become very good friends with Carlisle, and then ask him and his family to come over for dinner."

I laughed at this.

"Why are you laughing?"

"Because it's not going to work."

"How do you know?"

"Because they don't eat, dad. They survive out of blood not food."

Frank sighed and started to contemplate on another idea.

"I have one that I think just might work."

"Okay what is it?"

"Nessie, one of the adoptive kids is like me, I think and we're sort of friends?"

"Sort of?" Frank questioned.

"Well she said I was her friend, so I'm presuming that we are, and I think I should invite her over some time in the future and then maybe she might invite me over to her house." I shrugged at the last part.

"That's not bad at all."

"It's worth a shot."

I stared at the wall as Frank and I sat there in silence just thinking about different things.

"Frank, can I tell you something?"

"Of course you can."

"I've never told anybody in my life and-" I sighed feeling a bit upset.

"What is it?"

I looked over at my book case and looked at the shoe case, I made it come into my laps. I looked at it, I hadn't opened it in years. I sighed and took the lid off. There were a couple of pictures, some jewelry, letters, and a couple of other things. I picked up a photo and smiled sadly as I looked at it. I handed it over to Frank.

"Is that you?" He asked

"Yeah in the year nineteen eight-teen"

"Who's the guy next to you."

"That's Edward Masen." I said looking once again at the wall.

"Is he dead?" Frank asked.

"He died of the Spanish Influenza, the last time I saw him he was in the hospital dying." I could feel my heart stinging.

"You guys look very happy and in love."

"Because we were, he was everything I ever wanted."

"Did he know what you were?"

I shook my head.

"He got sick when I was going to tell him, and I told myself if he got better that was the first thing I was going to tell him but he never got better, he just kept getting worse."

Frank rubbed my back trying to comfort me.

"You know what's so strange?"

"What?"

"I saw him today, I thought my mind was playing tricks on me but it was him, he wasn't dead. He was... one of them."

"A vampire?"

I nodded as tears escaped my eyes, it hurt so much that he didn't even try to find out if it was really me, why he didn't come back looking for me if he really did love me.

"I missed him so much, and know he's here and I can't do anything about it but pretend I don't know who he is."

"You can tell him everything! How you felt after he died, make him see how much he hurt you when he didn't come back for you."

I shook my head and covered my face into my hands. I felt Frank wrap his arms around me and he started to rick me back and forth as if I was a baby.

"Everything will sort out in the end." He told me, and I believed him.
♠ ♠ ♠
The picture would look something like this.

I'm going to try and update up to chapter 10 as seeing I don't have to baby sit today. [: