A Mother Haunted

0

I lay alone in the moonlit cemetery and think about what led me here and what kept me here...

She killed me, you see. My own mother wrapped her hands around my little throat and squeezed the life right out of me.

I was only 7 years old when she took my life away.

It's been almost 20 years since then, and still I lay here in the cold and empty ground.

Where is she? Why isn't she here with me?!

I always thought my mommy loved me.

Even after my funeral, I watched her as she stood still and cried fake tears.

Was I bad? Did I do something to make my mommy hate me?

I cleaned my room every day, whether it needed it or not.

I always did as I was told without question.

She smelled funny, my mommy.

That night that she killed me, she smelled bad.

I cried and begged for my little life, but was ignored as she just squeezed tighter than before.

I still do not understand why my mommy hated me, but it matters no more.

Tonight, I have my revenge.

They are burying her next to me as she finally allowed her guilt overtake her.

I have spent the past 20 years making sure that she never forgot me, and now she'll be with me once again...
♠ ♠ ♠
I'll be posting some of my one shots that are short like this for a while...
Comments?