Sequel: Love's Curtain Call

Acting On Love

Everlong

I sat on my bed in the darkness, feeling my heart trembling with anticipation in my chest. I checked my phone, for the hundredth time that night. 11:25. I sighed. Waiting was already horrible. But I didn't dare fall asleep - I'd never be able to wake up again.

I sat in the darkness, staring into nothingness. He was all I thought about. For now I'd just have to picture what would happen tonight. Whatever that was.

I rested my head against the wall or my room and closed my eyes, still thinking to try and keep myself awake. But I didn't open my eyes again for a short while.

As soon as I reached near-enough consciousness to realise that I'd fallen asleep, I immediately woke up and panicked. I checked my phone. 12:19. I cursed under my breath - angry with myself.

I threw my coat on, not really bothering to stay quiet now. But when I reached my door, I knew I was going to have to be to get away with this. I quietly opened the door and ran down the steps. After another five minutes, I'd almost reached the theatre. The whole time I'd been dreading the worst case scenario - that Ville had given up on waiting and left.

The theatre lights were off when I reached it, but the door was open. I wasn't entirely sure whether he was there or not.

I walked in slowly and curiously through the darkness. Little moonlight poured in through the high windows, causing the theatre chairs to cast many shadows. For a moment I even felt scared.

"Ville?" I called, trying to stay quiet.

"Sweetheart," I heard his soft voice whisper. Before I had time to react, I felt his hot breath run down the back of my neck - he was behind me. "You're late..." he whispered, still calm.

"Sorry," I smiled, turning round to face him. The moonlight lit his face enough that I could just about make out his features. He was smiling, too.

"Come on, I want to show you something," he took my hand.

I followed his lead, surprised at how well he navigated himself through the dark theatre. He let go of my hand in the middle of the theatre.

"Wait here," he whispered. I waited.

He disappeared off to the side of the room and began pulling what sounded like a rope.

"Keep your eyes on the roof!" he called. I could hear the smile in his voice.

I cast my eyes to the roof of the tall theatre, where the roof began moving back, to reveal, from behind the black ceiling, a shimmering starry sky. The stars shone like diamonds of all different intensities. I'd never seen a prettier view of the night sky before.

Before I'd noticed Ville move from the side of the room, I felt his arms wind around my waist protectively.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" he whispered into my ear.

"I've never seen anything so beautiful," I agreed, still not taking my eyes off of it.

"Well, I have," he whispered, making me doubt what my own ears had told.

I turned around in his arms and finally tore my eyes off the night sky.

"I mean you," he said, laughing to himself.

I smiled shyly. "Thank you," I whispered back.

"You're welcome," he smiled, before pressing his lips against mine.

When the soothing kiss came to its inevitable end, I rested my head against his chest and closed my eyes.

"I don't want to go back to the halls..." I complained quietly.

"Then don't," he whispered back. "Stay here with me."

I opened my eyes and looked at him. He smiled down at me.

"Come on," he whispered, taking my hand again. I followed him up the aisle of the dark theatre, almost tripping on the steps. But he caught me just in time.

He stopped in front of a row of seats. He lifted up the armrests and lay down across three of the chairs, resting his head on the third armrest.

"Lay down," he instructed, patting the seats.

I wasn't quite sure if he meant to lay down with him or not, so I didn't move.

"Come on, Kristen," he laughed. "I wont bite."

I smiled and stepped towards him. I lay down with him on the small seats, feeling slightly embarrassed, thinking I was squashing him. But he didn't seem to mind. He wrapped his arms round my waist. I felt his cold skin through my thin t-shirt.

"You smell good," he whispered, exhaling.

"Oh, thanks," I whispered, feeling my cheeks burn. I wasn't used to being so close to him. Or to anyone. For the past 2 years, at least.

"Shouldn't we go...?" I asked, being sensible for a second, instead of following what I really wanted.

"I'll wake you up early. Trust me - we wont get caught," he said reassuringly.

"Ok," I smiled, casting my glance back to the ceiling.

The last thing I was aware of was seeing the shimmering stars, high above, and feeling the touch of Ville's hands on my waist, before I finally gave in to unconsciousness.
♠ ♠ ♠
=) I really liked writing this chapter...