Sequel: Love's Curtain Call

Acting On Love

Walk With Me

I was on that bench for about ten minutes when I heard a set of quiet footsteps approaching. I didn't look up to see who it was. Instead, I waited for them pass, so I could have the night to myself again.

But the footsteps only grew louder, until I was sure whoever they belonged to was standing right next to me.

"Kristen..." his soft voice whispered.

"Ville," I sighed, wiping my eyes with my fingertips.

He sat down on the bench next to me and put his arm round my shoulders. Already, I felt better from his warmth.

"Are you upset?" he asked, still only whispering.

I sighed. "A little," I lied.

He waited before answering. "You know she means nothing to me..."

"That doesn't stop her being a bitch," I said, tucking my head into his chest.

"She's just angry that she's the single one," Ville said with a grin.

I laughed a little.

"She's only helping out this week. She'll be gone in 4 days," he continued.

"If I can make it that long..."

"Don't say that," he said, lifting up my chin with his free hand. He smiled and leaned his lips in closer to mine.

"Ville, we'll get caught," I said, making him stop just as our lips were about to touch. He laughed, then leaned back.

"Alright. But I'll be after that kiss later..." he smiled, stroking my hair. "And I mean that quite literally," he said with a wink.

I grinned. "Alright, you've cheered me up..." I said, standing up from the bench.

"I knew I could," he said with a smug smile. He took my hand in his, but I pulled mine away.

"We have to be more careful..." I said, looking around, even though no-one was to be seen.

He sighed, smiling. "Kristen, everyone's either in the main hall, or in their room..." he said, taking my hand again. This time I didn't pull mine away.

"Alright," I sighed. "It's your career..." I mumbled the last bit under my breath.

Ville began to lead the way, and although I thought he was taking us back to the halls, he began continuing down the path that wound through the leafless oak trees. This was the most beautiful part of the university.

"Where are we going?" I whispered.

"Just taking a walk..." he replied. "Why, do you want to go back?"

"No," I shook my head as we strolled down the path, hand in hand.

The moonlight shone through the branches of the trees above us, paving the way through the darkness. The stars shone dimly, but loyally, next to the moon, like the jewels in it's crown.

"So...at lunch...you said you had a girlfriend..." I said, making him grin.

"You realise I meant you, don't you?" he laughed.

I nodded, smiling at how stupid I sounded. "Well...I just wanted to ask something."

"Go on," he said, looking down the path.

"Do you think that word...describes this well?" I asked, feeling my cheeks burn. He turned to look at me.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"Well...I don't know. It's just that the first time someone called me that was when I was about ten..." he laughed. I continued. "Basically what I'm trying to say is...what we have - to me - is more special than anything I've felt before." I felt embarrassed saying it out loud - it sounded so cheesy. But I had to get it off my chest.

He smiled, and stopped walking. Oh, no. Had I said too much? I winced waiting for him to say something. He looked into my eyes and took his hand away from mine. He took both my arms in his hands, still not saying anything. I mentally begged him to tell me what he was thinking.

He pressed me up against a tree and began to smile. He leaned in so his lips were against my ear.

"I couldn't agree with you more, Kristen," he whispered, before he pulled away from me. His smile had gone, this now he was being completely serious.

"Well, that's a relief..." I whispered.

He grinned and took his hands away from my arms, and put them either side of the tree around me.

"I'm glad you were the first to admit it," he grinned, leaning in closer to me.

"I'm not," I laughed. My laugh ended quickly as he pressed his lips to mine. Our lips moved together; my fingers tied round his neck, and through his hair.

"I want you..." he said in between kisses, "to come...and see my house."

I pulled my lips away from his. "Really?" I asked, breathless.

He nodded, grinning. "It's just in the town - I'll drive you back. I've wanted you to see it for a while now..."

"Wow...of course I'll come," I said, taken off guard.

"Great," he smiled, pressing his lips to my hand.