Between Empty Space

Disturbing the Peace

Gerard's POV

As we pulled in front of the familiar house, causing my whole body to freeze in place. Why the fuck did he bring me back here? I felt like crying...

Frank pulled the keys out of the ignition, unbuckling his seat belt and getting out of the car. My breaths grew deeper as my heartbeat elevated. Frank walked over to my side of the car and opened the door, leaning down to my level.

"Get the hell out of the car." He commanded, looking at me coldly. I froze in place, my fingers grasping the side of the seat as I looked into his eyes pleadingly. "Gerard, get out of the fucking car." He commanded. I didn't comply, I was screaming at myself in my head.

GET THE FUCK OUT GERARD. GO. RUN, GET AWAY. Those were the sweetest words I've heard in such a long time.

Frank sighed angrily and leaned over me, unbuckling my belt, causing it to fly over my chest and rest against the piece of plastic next to the window.

"Who the fuck do you think you are?" I asked him, anger kicking and screaming it's way through my once iced over veins. Who the hell was he? Bringing me here! I ran away for a fucking reason!

"Gerard don't start this shit!" Frank yelled causing me to stand up abruptly, shoving him out of the way angrily and slamming the door. I'd never felt such overwhelming rage like this before. Every cell in my body wanted to pull out a gun and shoot him.

"WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?" I asked again, shoving him against the car. Anger flashed through his brown eyes as he looked up at me.

"ME?! YOU ARE SUCH AN ASSHOLE, GERARD!" He said, placing his hand against my chest and shoving me away from him. I balled my fists at my side and bit my tongue, trying to contain myself. If this kept going I was going to shatter his face.

"WHAT THE FUCK DID I DO TO YOU?!" I yelled, starting to piece everything together. How the hell did he find out?

I looked around me, realizing that my little secret wasn't something that I could hide behind anymore, the wall of safety had been broken. By now the family across the street was gathered on their porch, watching the ensuing argument, whispering to each other and pointing.

"YOU FUCKED YOUR BROTHER!" Frank yelled, snapping my attention back to him. My control was broken. I raised my fist quickly throwing a furious punch at him. Frank saw it coming and moved out of the way quickly causing my hand to collide with the side of the car. I groaned in pain as I pulled my fist against my chest, examining the damage I had done to his car. There was a large dent in the side where my fist had collided at full force. I looked at my hand to see what I had done to it. My hand was red and trembling uncontrollably, my knuckles beginning to turn blue. I pulled my hand back against my chest and bent over, taking my breath in with gasps.

Frank stood to the side, watching me hunched over in pain. I could hear his angry breaths as he looked down at me. It took me a little bit to recover before I finally composed myself again.

"FUCKING SERVES YOU RIGHT." He growled out, a look of sick satisfaction on his face. I couldn't believe that this shit was happening.

"Shut the fuck up you cunt." I said, turning towards the street and walking back to the car, grabbing my jacket and slipping it on. I slammed the car door with my good hand and pulled my pack of cigarette's out of my pocket. I lit one up and stuck it between my lips, sucking in my sweet suicide. We're all going to die anyway, why not welcome it? I kept my eyes on the street and my back to Frank and the house, praying that they would just fall into the depths of the earth because of some freak earthquake or that they'd just disappear completely.

"Gerard?"

"LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE FRANK." I said, not facing his direction, trying to calm myself down before I shoved my lit cigarette down his throat.

"Gerard?"

"FUCK! LEAVE ME ALONE!" I called out again, blowing out some smoke. I heard steps approach me, making me clench my good fist at my side. A finger tapped my back causing me to growl in anger and turn around quickly, my fist raised and ready to strike. I stopped dead in my tracks once I saw who it was. Mikey.
♠ ♠ ♠
uh ohhhhh....