Between Empty Space

Not Funny

Gerard's POV

"Gerard?" Frank called out as we stepped out of our car later that night. I turned to him in our driveway.

"What?"

"That was very immature of you, ya know?" He said with a smile, reflecting on the cheeseburger filled with ketchup that just happened to fall into Jenny's purse at the end of the night without her noticing.

"What do you mean?" I asked, disgusted by the fact that he had his dick in Jenny...and in me. I had basically had her in me, making me shutter at the thought.

"You know what I mean." He said, opening our front door. I rolled my eyes and followed him inside. "Are you gonna do something about that?" He asked, motioning towards my hurt arm.

"Wrap something around it. I think it's just jammed, if it was broken I would have been screaming in pain all night." I said, taking my jacket off gently.

"You still might want to get that checked out." Frank suggested, grabbing the first aid kit.

"Doctors? Fuck that Frank. Doctors have needles, everyone knows that!" I said, sitting down on the couch and propping my feet up on the small coffee table in front of me. Frank sighed, knowing that he wasn't going to win. He placed the first aid kit on his lap as he sat down next to me. He grasped my hand gently, making me gasp in pain.

My hand was swollen and covered in purple blotches over my knuckles and a few of my fingers. He pulled some gauze out of the first aid kit with the other hand, wrapping it securely causing me to gasp every now and then out of the pressure.

"This shit sucks..." I groaned as he cut the gauze and wrapped the last few pieces around my hand.

"Shouldn't have tried to hit a short person, my people move fast." He said with a smile.

"Well, you deserved it." I stated causing him to roll his eyes.

"I took you home. And after what you hid from me you are lucky I'm still here for you, Gerard." He said, keeping his eyes on his lap as he closed the first aid kit. There was really nothing I could say, he was right. I was lucky to still have him.

Frank stood up, taking the first aid kit and returning it to it's place on top of the fridge. I sat back, looking at my wrapped hand. An annoying tone screamed through the house as Frank pulled his cellphone out of his pocket.

"Hello?" Frank asked into the phone, standing in the middle of the kitchen.

"Yeah, hold on." Frank said, walking into the living room and holding out the phone to me. I took the phone in my hand and pressed it against my ear.

"Not funny Gerard." Mikey's voice said in a chastising tone through the speaker the second it was against my ear. I looked at Frank who just half heartedly smiled and walked out of sight down the hallway. Why was he still with me? Especially after he found out that I was just using him for my own sick pleasures, another wave of guilt washed over me as I looked at the spot in the kitchen where he once stood.

"Gerard?" Mikey called out through the phone, snapping my attention to his beautiful voice.

"Y-Yeah?"

"NOT. FUNNY." He repeated.

"Yeah it was, or you wouldn't be calling." I pointed out.

"Well, it wasn't funny to Jenny." He stated, causing me to smile.

"Like I care about what that bitch feels." I stated, realizing that I should probably end this phone call as quick as possible so that I could go comfort Frank.

"Well, I do." He said.

"Is this why you called, just to get after me, Mikes?" I asked, causing him to sigh.

"No, I want to hang-out."

"Even after I hurt your bitch?"

"You are my brother no matter how many times you hurt my bit-.....Jenny." He said, correcting himself at the end making me laugh.

"Okay...When?" I asked, excitement surging through me.

"Tomorrow?" He suggested. Frank would be at work tomorrow, leaving us all alone.

"Sure. We can hang-out here." I said, idea's of what we could do flowing through my head.

"O-Okay...I'll get your address from mom."

"How did she get my address?"

"Frank."

"Ah...well, talk to you then." I said, smiling to myself.

"Okay, I love you Gerard..." He said after a small silence, causing my heart to jump a little.

"I love you too Mikes.." I said before hanging up the phone and smiling to myself like a schoolgirl. Mikey would be here tomorrow and we'd be all alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Anyone like? I wasn't very confident about this one :(