Between Empty Space

Light vs Dark

I somehow made it home without killing anyone or myself. I was a mess, my hair was messy from my fingers running through it so many times, my face was red from the sobbing and the anger. Mom's car was gone, probably out to pick up Mikey from the cabin. I grabbed all my shit from the back of the car.

"Grab everything you can fit into your car and leave, they won't miss you." The voice hissed. I obeyed. I opened the front door and grabbed garbage bags and began filling them with my clothes and anything else I thought I would need.

"Get out of here, Gerard. They'll be back soon." The voice hissed again. And again I obeyed. I grabbed my shit and returned to my car. I threw the bags in the back. Why hadn't I done this before? I'm 18 for fucks sake. I felt a surge of power as I shifted my car to reverse and flew backwards out of the gravel driveway. Where was I going? No idea. Anywhere.

I drove around town for hours. Clearing my mind of everything that was going on. The streetlights flickered on, lighting the dark once again. It didn't light my dark though. I parked the car on the side of the road, pulling my cellphone out of my pocket and turning it on.

32 MISSED CALLS flashed across the screen in big letters. All from Mikey or mom. I erased the history. Not wanting to think about how guilty it was making me feel. I dialed Frank's number, maybe I could crash there. The phone rang three times before Frank's groggy voice answered.

"Hello?" He asked, sounding slightly pissed off. Probably due to the fact that it was 10PM, which was late in Frank's mind.

"It's...Gerard." I said, hoping that he wouldn't have a psycho bitch-fit.

"What the hell do you want?" He asked.

"Is your window open?" I asked, not wanting to piss him off any further.

"Yes..."

"That was all I needed to know." I said and closed the phone, ending the conversation. I started my car again. Pulling off the side of the road. I loved driving at night, the way the streetlights were at a never ending battle with the darkness. Sadly, the light never wins.

Right as I pulled up in front of Franks house my cellphone began to ring again, sending the "Star Wars" theme song blaring through my car. I answered it, not caring to look at the caller I.D.

"Hello?" I answered.

"WHERE THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN?!" Mikey's voice blared over the cellphone speakers.

"Oh, fuck you, Mikey." I said, not caring about his feelings.

"WE'VE BEEN TRYING TO CALL YOU." He said angrily.

"Why are you worrying about me? Shouldn't you be worrying about your little whore?"

"She isn't a whore." He said, obviously defending her. He did have a point though.

"You know what you are right." I said, making him think he had won.

"I am?" He asked, surprised.

"Of course, she isn't the whore.....YOU ARE." I said and hung up the phone with a smile on my face.

Good, Gerard...very good. The voice cackled.

I shut my phone off and stuck it in my pocket. With a grunt I stood up, pulling one of the black plastic garbage bags out of the car with me. I slammed the car door, not caring to lock it. That car was a piece of shit anyway. If it got stolen it might have actually been a favor.

With my bag over my shoulder I walked around the back of the house. There was a large wooden fence that surrounded Franks backyard and sadly his room was in the back. I threw the bag over the fence and climbed over it, scraping my knee over the top of the fence. As a reflex my hand went from securely holding holding me onto the fence, to my knee, causing me to fall off of the 7ft fence and to the hard ground. I landed on my back, causing me to grunt loudly...

"Fuck..." I whispered to myself, coughing a little from the fall. Once the pain in my back had worn off a little, I sat up, grabbing my bag and standing up. Franks window was open just as he said it was. I threw the bag in through the curtains and heard it hit the floor. Next I swung myself into it, using the windowsill as a base. I landed on my feet and Frank jolted up from his sleep, a girl popping up next to him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Crappiest chapter so far, yeah I know. But it needed to happen.
Next one shall be filled with drama. :D
Thank you for everyone who has read, commented and subscribed. It really means a lot to me guys. :]